SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    DA/SA pistols done?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DA/SA pistols done? Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Highway:
I can't think of a DA/SA trigger that works without a hammer, or a striker with a DA/SA trigger. But where are they being conflated?

FWIW. http://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/p99/#

The systems do tend to be associated enough with the triggers that people have referred to them as though the terms were interchangeable - and this after DAO hammer-fired pistols were the "next big thing" some years back.

Posts: 20111 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Has anyone else heard this stuff about the traditional DA/SA hammer fired pistols being done? I had and thought that it was horsesh*t until I talked to a buddy of mine who is an LEO and armorer for a fairly large city and he said the future was striker fired polymer pistols, 1911s and some niche stuff. Maybe I'll check out the 320. Have to sell some Sigs to do it.

Bet he heard that shit on CNN

NRA Life Member

Posts: 121 | Location: Kiawah Island, SC | Registered: July 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by imfrogman:
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
Has anyone else heard this stuff about the traditional DA/SA hammer fired pistols being done? I had and thought that it was horsesh*t until I talked to a buddy of mine who is an LEO and armorer for a fairly large city and he said the future was striker fired polymer pistols, 1911s and some niche stuff. Maybe I'll check out the 320. Have to sell some Sigs to do it.

Bet he heard that shit on CNN

#cnnblackmail

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

"There are only two reasons why a proven technique doesn't work under stress: the shooter isn't adequately trained in it's application, or he/she doesn't really believe it will work because he/she is programmed for failure to begin with." BG

Posts: 30107 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't think of a DA/SA trigger that works without a hammer, or a striker with a DA/SA trigger. But where are they being conflated?

Just one example is the Walther P99, a DA/SA with striker. There are hammer-fired guns with a partially cocked hammer, the trigger completing the cocking action and firing the cartridge. (examples: second generation Ruger LCP, S&W metal-frame DAO) IIRC, the Springfield XD is a pure single-action; the striker is fully cocked every time with the trigger providing no cocking action. The trigger system and firing system have nothing to do with one another.

Posts: 18736 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom Highway
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

The trigger system and firing system have nothing to do with one another.

I know. Let me put it this way-when discussing a topic like this, I think it's acceptable to use the term "striker" loosely. Striker fired implies a common type of trigger pull. DA/SA generally means hammer fired. If I say I prefer DA/SA over striker, I feel like most people will understand that. If you think that's a sloppy standard for the level of discussion here, I guess we just differ on what's acceptable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tom Highway,

Posts: 2916 | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I decided to bury any desire for the CZ p10c until next year until this striker thing has been vetted Wink. The Beretta followed me home today. I enjoy DA/SA...

Posts: 1887 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, today kind of settled it for me. I shot my Sig 320 Tacops for the first time , and I must say, I like that trigger. Way better than any Glock and even better than my S&W Shield. The Da/SAs maybe going back into the safe for a while.

Posts: 4146 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigSentry:
I decided to bury any desire for the CZ p10c until next year until this striker thing has been vetted Wink. The Beretta followed me home today. I enjoy DA/SA...

Very nice. Beretta 92's have one of the smoothest actions of any firearm out there. Guns like this should be really cheap now, Yeager just announced that DA/SA hammer fired guns are dead!

DPR

Posts: 293 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Beretta followed me home today. I enjoy DA/SA...

One of those will end up following me home before the year is out, I just know it. LOL Big Grin

Ran across this poor, dead thing last week. Looked like it needed a new home. Wink

Posts: 11481 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

You bought an ancient relic, might as well just throw it away. Or I can dispose of it for you if you want.

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 9286 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol, I just came in to a Wilson Combat 92G Brig Tactical. It is an absolute dream to shoot.
So no, guns like that one will never be dead

Posts: 154 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh.

Well, shit.

James Yeager says they're dead, so it must be true:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJbDgymmwAg

And anyone who says otherwise is wrong, it's indisputable, and blah blah blah...

I guess that settles THAT.

Posts: 488 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post