SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    So how are you guys liking your Glock 43?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So how are you guys liking your Glock 43? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I find the trigger take-up on the G43 to be spongy. After installing the newer connector, part number 33564, the trigger release is lighter than what it was right out of the box. That's not saying much, though, considering how heavy it was.
I did a twenty five cent trigger job on it. The release feels about the same as the stock connector on a Glock, but with a slightly crisper release.
The sponginess of the take-up remains, however.

I did the same to my G43, based on the recommendation from this thread. It improved the trigger quite a bit, definitely worth the price of admission.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
I looked at a 43 talo today it has peaked my interest love the sights, but I think I might need a mag extender. what are you guys using?

Posts: 5594 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
I looked at a 43 talo today it has peaked my interest love the sights, but I think I might need a mag extender. what are you guys using?
My thumb

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107583 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
My thumb

Well played. I couldn't help but laugh at that one.

Back on topic while my experience is brief I haven't had an issue with the mag release and don't see a need to change from the oem. I have fairly small hands and wear a medium sized glove. I've caught myself hitting the mag release on getting a firing grip prior to draw.

Posts: 782 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had both the 42 and the 43, never could get to like either one. These two are too small to get a good grip, for me anyway, and the safety in the middle of the trigger is just irritating. Never found any glock that worked for me. I'll stick with my 9mm 1911 and SIG P320RX.

Posts: 39 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
I haven't carried my 43 that much at all since last summer other than a few times when I was forced to wear a suit. I wasn't happy with the AWIB holster I've had for it, so I made a new one recently. It's still a bit rough around the edges but I want to wear it a bit to see where the 'hot spots' are and do a final edge polish on it this weekend.

Otherwise this gun is just shy of 9k rounds. I tend to shoot it more during the warmer months when I'm actually carrying it.
I did eventually replace the trigger shoe with an Overwatch flatface since my go-to Glocks all have them.

I still love it, and can't say enough good things about this little gem.

I don't recommend it to new shooters, but it seems like I see at least one when I do novice class. Usually females who like the diminutive size...until they shoot it for the first time.

My wife has one also, but she has gone back to the old 42 for CCW. She still shoots it better, again because it's less snappy.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdickers:
Never found any glock that worked for me.
Here's whatcha call a clue:
quote:
...the safety in the middle of the trigger is just irritating.
I don't know if you ever notuced, but all Glocks are like that.

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
safety in the middle of the trigger is just irritating

I recently put in this Overwatch Falx Trigger since I like the Overwatch TAC on my G19. It feels very comfortable given the short reach and break point on the diminutive G43. Being smooth and somewhat rounded, it allows for a more comfortable contact point. The pretravel starting point is reduced, (less and smoother pretravel) but the trigger still breaks at that same point and same weight as with OEM trigger & bar.

Not for everyone I'm sure, but just another option available to tune your Glock to best fit your needs.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Put Ghost "Edge" connector into G43 and it brought the required trigger force down to about 6.2 pounds-force. Still far from desirable. While the trigger-with-trigger-bar was out, I dressed the face of the trigger significantly to reduce the undesirable effects of its grooves.
Someone must craft replacement springs to use in the slide (plunger and striker springs), but I am still looking.

Sure is easy to work on Glocks.

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
...the undesirable effects of its grooves.

Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I just rejoined the dark side. Picked up a G43 yesterday. Traded my S&W 442 towards it. I believe it's a Talo edition? Has a really nice front night sight with orange circle around it.

The grip is small for my hands and I almost rather my pinky hang off the bottom of the grip vs half assed pinky engagement on the mag extension on one of the mags. Trigger is somewhat terrible when dry firing.

Went to the range this morning and fired 100rds of Winchester white box fMJ through it. I think I really like this little pistol. Trigger isn't that bad when live firing. Recoil is pleasant too, compared to the .38 snub nose I got rid of. It was hurting my wrist, I've got constant issues with my wrists these days so have to be careful. Zero pain after this range session. Love it. I cleaned the paint off my 12" plate at 15 yards.

Next time out I will feed it some 124gr +p gold dots and see how it goes.

How do we like the Taran tactical mag extensions? Either for extra capacity or for getting a better grip on the gun? They were recommended to me by LGS that I bought the pistol from.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do we like the Taran tactical mag extensions? Either for extra capacity or for getting a better grip on the gun? They were recommended to me by LGS that I bought the pistol from.

The Taran mag base pads are nice, but dang... they sure are proud of them. I've gone with the Pierce +1 extender, (about $10) but usually carry only with the Glock OEM extended deal which doesn't add a round, just more grip room.

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
Put Ghost "Edge" connector into G43 and it brought the required trigger force down to about 6.2 pounds-force. Still far from desirable. While the trigger-with-trigger-bar was out, I dressed the face of the trigger significantly to reduce the undesirable effects of its grooves.
Someone must craft replacement springs to use in the slide (plunger and striker springs), but I am still looking.

Sure is easy to work on Glocks.

You should be seeing more trigger break reduction with the Ghost connector. Did you polish the action parts? (AKA $.25 trigger job)

posted Hide Post
* Big plus for Pierce +1 extenders. Not easy to remove old mag. plates and swap the $9 Pierce bit, but well worth doing.

* I agree. 6.2 is still a lot. No. I did not polish any parts - well, I did apply a very slight polish to the tip of the striker-plunger "bump" on the trigger bar. Hard to believe that polishing parts that are not moving when boom occurs is going to reduce the needed force. However, a link to details of such a scheme will be appreciated. I have some of the metal polish from Mr. Gray.

I expect replacement slide springs exist and I will eventually find them. Changing them should make a difference. Thanks

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jus228:

The grip is small for my hands and I almost rather my pinky hang off the bottom of the grip vs half assed pinky engagement on the mag extension on one of the mags. Trigger is somewhat terrible when dry firing.

I use the Pearce +1 baseplates. I tried the +0, but the +1 are no longer, and have functioned without any problem. Originally I intended to carry the flush baseplate and have the magazines with the pearce baseplates in a pocket, but I found that the pistol was a lot easier to hold and shoot (and retrieve from concealment) with the pearce basplates...so now I use them on all my magazines for the G43.

I've heard from several people about failures of the Taran bases when dropped, and I can't see the expense for adding a single round. With the Pearce magazine baseplates, no spring change is required and they function just as factory.

Most often, I carry the G43 in a DeSantis pocket holster, and the slight increase in grip length with the pearce baseplates hasn't proven a detriment to carry or removal from the pocket. In fact, I think the baseplates make it easier to get a good master grip right off the bat and to retain that grip during firing. With the factory flush baseplate, the grip isn't as easy to maintain during firing.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, a link to details of such a scheme will be appreciated. I have some of the metal polish from Mr. Gray.

There are quite a few Youtube videos floating around on how to do a polish job. Here's one

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

posted Hide Post
Dear Navy Guy: Thanks. The recommended video made clear most of the where, why, and how to polish. Very end of cross on trigger bar also needs polish and top/bottom edges of trigger-bar may rub on frame and need polish.

I have an extra G43 Trigger-with-trigger-bar so I can get started before disassembly. Doubt remains that polishing will have a significant effect on required force, but may well make trigger travel more smooth.

Continue to be interested in source of "lighter" safety plunger spring and lighter striker spring for G43.

Thanks again for finding an effective video.

Extra: Used a Ruger American Compact 9mm as IDPA BUG gun (this year the barrel is too long). Its barrel ramp is far from polished and collects crud at a rate I have never seen. Expect to polish the ramp and see if that helps. The American series does not impress. Another me-too. The new Canik TP9SFx, however, may be a real winner.

Mac in Michigan

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Making some slight modifications to make my G43 more shootable. I'll try and get some pictures up when I'm done.