SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
1lowlife Nismo called it right. Double if you can find one. I have a friend with one.. Perhaps I can make him a deal he can't refuse.. Wink

My current 17 Gen2 and Gen 3 19 which no longer has finger grooves work as good as I need for now.
just good to have em back for CCW.

As much as i love that G45;
Out of all the Glocks I've bought (18) and the few I've sold (8), I shoot my beater 1990 Gen 2 G17 better than the rest.
Picked it up for $300 at a gun show years ago for a truck gun.

Saving my mint Gen 2 G19 to give to my daughter.
My other mint Gen 2 G17 sits in the safe, maybe my son will end up with it...

Certainly something to be said about the older Glocks, lack of finger groove for one.
Light/accessory rails never meant much to me.
Much like my rail-less Sigs.

That groove-less grip frame is what peaked my interest when the 19X and then G45 were released.
I'm thinking I'll end up with a G43X eventually (with a black slide), maybe sell the Gen 2.5 G26 first. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1lowlife,

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Found this reference on another forum. Glock USA page updated today (8/1). Apparently the G19 Gen5 is now the G19 Gen5 FS.

No cutout and different texturing (Front Serrations?) on front strap.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g19-gen5-fs-us

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
About damn time. It’s the way it should have been on release.

It’s the one feature that has come and gone since the first generation of pistols that nobody has asked for.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The finger grooves don't bother me.

However, it's one of the things that Glock (IMO) should offer as an option.

I'd like a G-whatever...
With or without front serrations
With or without finger grooves

I don't think it would be that hard to accommodate.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Found this reference on another forum. Glock USA page updated today (8/1). Apparently the G19 Gen5 is now the G19 Gen5 FS.

No cutout and different texturing (Front Serrations?) on front strap.

I've been waiting to see if these would become a reality. I'm a big fan of the front serrations, and have been wanting a Gen 5 19 without the cutout. Since I have no use at this time for the MOS version, I waited - looks like my wait time might be coming to an end. Smile

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1898 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
https://www.tactical-life.com/...ce-glock-19-pistols/

Looks like the secret service read this thread.

Posts: 1558 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
The finger grooves don't bother me.

For what it’s worth, I carry a Gen 4 19 without the half moon. So I can deal with the finger grooves, I just don’t prefer them.

I used to carry a Gen 2 19, but one of the reasons I stopped was that I honestly couldn’t shoot it without tearing my pinky open with that cutout. I know there’s baseplates that fill it, but I wasn’t about to spend all that money to make a bunch of mags not fit my Gen 3 and 4 guns, nor was I going to wear gloves to the range. So I stuck it in the safe, and there it sits.

When they announced the Gen 5, I was excited and all on board to buy what seemed like all the perfect features on a G19 until I saw that stupid half moon. Felt like three steps forward and a giant leap back in some ways.

All that said, I still shoot and like my Gen 1 17 best, so my idea of perfection is probably a bit different from most Glock fans.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
For those who wanted a MOS-less version of the Gen 5 MOS (front serrations, no front strap cut out, and no red dot cut), it's now available.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
For those who wanted a MOS-less version of the Gen 5 MOS (front serrations, no front strap cut out, and no red dot cut), it's now available.

Must be an echo in here. Razz Look up four posts.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
My G48 is turning out to be a fantastic pistol. I must have girly hands because I can outshoot myself with a G19 easily. 10 rounds? Well, I sure there will be reliable aftermarket magazine support with more capacity. As it is, 10 is ok.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Like many others on this forum I'm fortunate to have several choices with regard to carry guns. A year ago l bought a 365 and have carried it since. Changed the bedside gun to a 229 Carry at the same time. A couple of months ago I bought a G48 and sent it to have the slide blackened without ever firing it. Finally took it, the 365, my G19 Gen5 and the 229 Carry to the range this week. Long story short: the G48 has become my carry gun and the (always reliable) G19 Gen5 my nightstand gun. A guess this just proves you CAN go home again. It also proves Para knew what he was doing (as usual) when he started this thread 10 1/2. years ago!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by elde:
Like many others on this forum I'm fortunate to have several choices with regard to carry guns. A year ago l bought a 365 and have carried it since. Changed the bedside gun to a 229 Carry at the same time. A couple of months ago I bought a G48 and sent it to have the slide blackened without ever firing it. Finally took it, the 365, my G19 Gen5 and the 229 Carry to the range this week. Long story short: the G48 has become my carry gun and the (always reliable) G19 Gen5 my nightstand gun. I guess this just proves you CAN go home again. It also proves Para knew what he was doing (as usual) when he started this thread 10 1/2. years ago!

“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah. Oops.

quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

Must be an echo in here. Razz Look up four posts.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
Sorry. Double post.

Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elde:
Sorry. Double post.

A side note;
You can delete a post.
Just hit the edit button and 'delete message'.

I was recently reading about the S&W M&P380 Shield EZ .
Considering selling the wife's G42 and buying the EZ for her.
The slide is very easy to pull back and the magazines are really easy to load.
They have a rental I need her to try first.

While there I asked about a G43X.
They didn't have one in stock and the guy showed me a Sig P365.
At first i told I him wasn't interested, but he still brought it out of the case.
I didn't want to be rude so I handed it, knowing I wouldn't buy it.
He really praised the pistol and stated it was his current carry pistol.
I thanked him, but declined.

I let him know I was at one time literally a Sig snob, only owning/buying Sigs, but several years ago got into Glocks.
The entire time I looked the P365 over, all I could think of was the problem threads I've read on this forum.

Still considering a G43X, I just haven't bought one yet.
Perhaps when the black slides start showing up I'll acquire one.

Enjoy your Glocks Gentlemen.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just needed something to carry. Bought a,G43. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet. Any recommendations for ammo or mods. Thanks

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by elmer:
Just needed something to carry. Bought a,G43. Haven't had a chance to shoot yet. Any recommendations for ammo or mods. Thanks

I like Federal HST standard pressure. Hornady Critical duty seems like pretty good stuff as well from tests I've seen.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have Gold Dots in mine. I pocket carry, and while the flush magazine plates are ideal for that, the Pearce +0 and +1 baseplates work fine. I use a DeSantis pocket holster. I've had no issues with the glock magazines or the ETS.

The original trigger that came with mine was entirely unsatisfactory; I tried the ghost for a time, and when Glock offered a (-) minus factory connector and have used it since.

I did replace the sights with orange-front Trijicon HD's.

The G43 is an excellent little pistol.

I've been carrying a P365 a lot more lately, especially with the 15 round magazines as spares. I have a greater degree of trust in the G43, but ran out of excuses not to carry the P365.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Talon Rubber texture grips really give good purchase.

I put truglo TFX sights on mine a while back. About to put on TFX Pros it I don’t get an optic cut.

I have Taran Tactical +1 and +2 baseplates. Mine have been completely reliable with hollow points and ball.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:

Talon Rubber texture grips really give good purchase.

I put truglo TFX sights on mine a while back. About to put on TFX Pros it I don’t get an optic cut.

I have Taran Tactical +1 and +2 baseplates. Mine have been completely reliable with hollow points and ball.

Better sights and something for grip. I also went Talon rubber and I love them, it feels much better and more secure now. I wouldnt do much until shooting it a bit.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2445 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post