SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Just Plain Cliff:
I rather doubt it…Over the past 5 years, I have owned 30 pistols - 16 currently - and all but two (a Browning Buckmark Standard Stainless .22 LR and a S&W Model 686 Plus 3” .357 Magnum) were or are SIG Sauers. Why would I need a Glock?

When you get a Glock 19 or 17 let us know. We won't think differently of you.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
I rather doubt it…Over the past 5 years, I have owned 30 pistols - 16 currently - and all but two (a Browning Buckmark Standard Stainless .22 LR and a S&W Model 686 Plus 3” .357 Magnum) were or are SIG Sauers. Why would I need a Glock?

And not a fuck was given...

I used to give the coin to people that would say stupid shit like that, but then they went up to $3 ... So I just took a picture of my last one, but to even get a picture of it it's got to be some really stupid shit ...

So, let me make that official for ya Smile

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't "buy" a Glock so much as built THREE of them...does that satisfy the waiver requirement? Big Grin

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Why would you need roughly 30 sigs in 5 years?

Stick around, the longer you stay in the gun community and the more you shoot, the probability of buying a glock goes waayyy up. And I am not a big glock proponent. I have owned some, and while they are reliable, simple to use, simple to tear down, and simple to work on, they just are not something I enjoy shooting a lot nor do they appeal to me aesthetically.

Posts: 166 | Registered: September 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
Like Para said, a G19 is a great place to start.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:

Maybe, due to Maryland magazine restrictions, a G48 would be more appropriate.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JWF:
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Bob C.:

Maybe, due to Maryland magazine restrictions, a G48 would be more appropriate.

Or a G26. I really like the gen 5....

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
Looking on internet for a project, I found a new, complete Glock G43x/48 frame for sale. Four days later it was in my hands. I put the slide from my G43 on the frame and took a short trip to the range. Fifty rounds later and no problems encountered, I think I am going to like this pistol.

I guess I will call it a G43 long.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Beanhead
posted Hide Post
I was down to just one Glock...a Glock 26. Then a 17, a 19, another 17, a 19, and a third 19. The last was just a frame. Looking forward to make this my daughter's gun and do a project with her to build it.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Billy346
posted Hide Post
I’ve been a member of this forum for over 5 years but have been absent for the past three years... I return briefly and see that this thread is STILL going!

In that time, I bought a 23 and a 32.... sold them... then bought another 23......sold it, and now have a gen 5 19 and a 20. After owning and shooting almost every popular gun out there, I now understand why Glocks are so great. I am now one of the faithful and will no longer be selling my Glocks.

If you don’t yet have a Glock, you will buy a Glock. If you sell it, you will buy another.....and another.

"Like a horse has its rider, and the sky has its moon, a man has his loneliness, mistaken as pride." -Longmire

Posts: 539 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
I thought I was done buying guns ... yeah, I actually said it! It's been over 10 months since I've seen anything that I was even remotely interested in (you can't count the binary triggers I've bought).

I dropped by one of my favorite pawn shops To replace a couple wrenches I've misplaced and they usually have Snap-On or other premimum "odds n' ends" for nickels on the dollar ...

As luck would have it, the used gun display case is on the way to the counter and there was another guy in front of me ... so I looked ... And there it was, a lightly used gen3 26 for $339. No box but 2 mags and a cheap holster ... They had another 26 with the original Tupperware box, no paperwork only 1 mag and had more wear on it than the cheaper one.

I asked if that's the best they'd do on it ... The guy said "I just put it out this morning, so yeah, that's it" then he offered to to throw in the 4 wrenches and 2 sockets ... WHAT COULD I DO?

Ive been wanting a 26 for 10+ years but wasn't willing to pay the $450+ I usually see (40S&W's have been in the $350 range for a couple years) anyway I pulled out the Visa and now I've got A nice little 26 to keep my 19 & 43 company ... Oh and the 23 with the original 40 and a threaded 9mm barrel.

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 5707 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got a new G48. I dont consider myself to be a Glock guy, but:
The G19 is the universal gun of our era.
The power and capacity of the G20 is hard to beat.
With the addition of the 48, I believe my Glock collection is complete.
Until they chamber the 48 in .357 Sig anyway!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16089 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why would I need a Glock?

You don't need a Glock but you know you want one. You can tell me, it's ok. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
"Social Media Influencer"?

That's what they call some of these kids today on youtube. Let me tell you- I've been a "Social Media Influencer" since those kids were crushin' on SpongeBob Squarepants.

Happy Anniversary to the Glock thread. Ten years tomorrow. Cool

9500 posts

476 pages

2.6 million page views

Number of converted non-believers? No one knows.

Can. You. Dig it!!

When I started this thread, there were no Gen4 Glocks and the RTF2 treatment was brand new. And now, well, we're up to Gen5.

It's been a fun thread.

Oh, PS, almost forgot:

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First post of the new decade on the thread. The G30 has been dormant for several months, it's time to go to the range.... Wink

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Heading out in 10 hours to pick up my new G48. Cool

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
I was ragging on the newly introduced G48 a few months back, right here on good old SF. Couldn't grasp the reason for its existence outside of 10 round Red States, Canada, whatever. And, of course, I saw one for sale in the classifieds here a couple of weeks back. Flash forward to last Saturday and I'm the owner of a brand new G48. I fricken' can't seem to control myself Glockwise!

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bug's got me. To commemorate a recent armorers course I went out and grabbed a G19.5MOS. I'm really liking it so far and it has enough changes that I think it may replace my Gen 4. In time, even I may forget how much I liked finger grooves.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Anubismp,

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
Has it been 10 years? Time has flow by. A Glock of some flavor has been my carry gun for the last 12 years. Nothing fancy, but they work.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I especially like them for duty or carry. Carry a gun across country IWB in a car or train and you'll find it all sweated up and it will likely need to be lubed. I have done this with 22x Sigs but while they stand up to the punishment I'd prefer to do it to my Glocks. Also should I lose one in a shooting I'm out about half the money with a gun I shoot just as well. You can argue other brands (which I like and own) but I'll say they require tools to work on and are more complicated. We can argue soul and I love some other designs but its terribly hard to argue that something else is better for actual work.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post