SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 431 432 433 434 435 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Finger grooves, no finger grooves, the real problem is the grip itself. I love glocks but the grip is a barely adequate block to hold onto. Its inexcusable for glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way. After holding something like a VP9 a glocks grip feels pathetic.
This should have been fixed with the gen 4. Instead, we got the lame back straps so that the grip can be a bigger or smaller uncomfortable block.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 1576 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Feels perfectly fine to me

There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it. ― George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 76836 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
Finger grooves, no finger grooves, the real problem is the grip itself. I love glocks but the grip is a barely adequate block to hold onto. Its inexcusable for glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way. After holding something like a VP9 a glocks grip feels pathetic.
This should have been fixed with the gen 4. Instead, we got the lame back straps so that the grip can be a bigger or smaller uncomfortable block.

To each his own. While I don't particularly care for finger grooves I've made them work. Other than that, I like the Glock grip set-up. I am however, looking forward to the M release sans finger grooves. I see a G19M in my future.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 8658 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nipper
posted Hide Post
Not addressing any posters here. However, the grip "feel" issue we continually read about always baffles me. Many posters have never shot the gun in question. All we know is they don't like the "feel". If that is one of their criteria for purchasing, that's fine. None of my business.

Personally, I don't give a rat's arse about how the grip "feels". All I care about is how the gun SHOOTS. While I don't like the "feel" of my Gen4 G19 and P239, they do everything I require in a defensive handgun. I like both of them. Screw the "feel", it's the hits that matter. Hits are hits...whether I'm using a blocky Gorp or my beloved .45 Wilson Pro.

There, I feel better. Smile

Posts: 3581 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
Picture of soggy_spinout
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Not addressing any posters here. However, the grip "feel" issue we continually read about always baffles me. Many posters have never shot the gun in question. All we know is they don't like the "feel". If that is one of their criteria for purchasing, that's fine. None of my business.

Personally, I don't give a rat's arse about how the grip "feels". All I care about is how the gun SHOOTS. While I don't like the "feel" of my Gen4 G19 and P239, they do everything I require in a defensive handgun. I like both of them. Screw the "feel", it's the hits that matter. Hits are hits...whether I'm using a blocky Gorp or my beloved .45 Wilson Pro.

There, I feel better. Smile

As a former coworker once told me and something that I've take to heart, "(Handgun) ergonomics is vastly overrated."

Then again, there ARE limitations. For me, the Mk23. If I can't even get my puny trigger finger onto the trigger, it just ain't gonna work. Wink

Posts: 6984 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Its inexcusable for glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way.

Posts: 9919 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
quote:
Its inexcusable for glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way.

+1 ...

Is that from Face Off?

If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink

Posts: 3986 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just putting it out there, that's all.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 1576 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just putting it out there, that's all.
In the meantime, Glock has produced something on the order of five million handguns.

There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it. ― George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 76836 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In the meantime, Glock has produced something on the order of five million handguns.

I currently own 10 of those, 5 more that I've sold off that others currently own.

To the naysayers;
Does a WG P-series Sig feel better in my hand than a Glock?
It certainly does.
Do I shoot these Sigs better than my Glocks?
I certainly do not.
Go figure. Eek

Certified iPhone and Glock fan-boi..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Posts: 3537 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:
Finger grooves, no finger grooves, the real problem is the grip itself. I love glocks but the grip is a barely adequate block to hold onto. Its inexcusable for glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way.

If you really love them, why gripe about them?

I really don't understand after all the years of this thread why folks step in and rag on a brand of pistol that simply works, works and keeps working. Don't like them? Move on and find the perfect gal for you. Sheesh.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3004 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't say they didn"t work for me. I said that I wish that Glock would make a more ergonomic grip. Do you have to be completely 100% satisfied with a gun in order to like it? You can't wish that something about it was different? Good lord, its really not that big of a deal.

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good lord, its really not that big of a deal.

^ Exactly.. Razz

Certified iPhone and Glock fan-boi..

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Posts: 3537 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't say they didn"t work for me. I said that I wish that Glock would make a more ergonomic grip. Do you have to be completely 100% satisfied with a gun in order to like it? You can't wish that something about it was different? Good lord, its really not that big of a deal.

Your exact words were "It's inexcusable for Glock to continue to handicap their pistols this way."

How many MILLIONS of people does it work for? Yet because you feel it should be different it's suddenly handicapping their (wildly successful) pistols?

You're right, it's not that big of a deal. If you don't like the grip of your own glocks, there are plenty of solutions to fix that. Aftermarket frames, aftermarket frame modifications, etc.

But to declare that Glock is 'handicapping their pistols' and that continuing to produce a highly successful model that works for the vast majority of their market is 'inexcusable' is flat out ridiculous.

Posts: 9919 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JD83
posted Hide Post
I succumbed-a G43. Smile

Posts: 297 | Location: North Idaho | Registered: April 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

They they didn't work for me for years neither. I was being a little bitch. Big Grin

Now Daisy, I want us to work out a signal system of communication. When I elbow you real hard in the face, that means "shut up"!

Posts: 7563 | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
They they didn't work for me for years neither. I was being a little bitch. Big Grin

You know, I realize you say this kind of tongue-in-cheek, but this is a perfect description of my years-long aversion to glocks, and I suspect many others are the same.

Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
I own only a few guns now and I really like all of them and they run flawlessly.

1st Gen Kimber Classic 70 series
FN HiPower 9mm
Sig 228
442 SW
Walther PPK
Glock Gen4 19.

No question which I would keep above all others...
The Glock 19. Everything else is a compromise.

Posts: 5267 | Location: Near Sutters Fort.  | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
quote:

Apologies if I came across as pissy. Seriously. Occasionally, a post in this thread reminds me of the signature line of a member on another forum I post on...

"Glocks blow up, SIGs have a high bore axis, Beretta locking blocks break, Ruger is anti-gun, 1911s are unreliable, and HK hates you. Get over it."

Honestly, the grip area on my G30 doesn't feel as ergonomic as other brands. But man, she will run all day. I swear she occasionally whispers to me "I'll let you grasp my blocky butt, so long as you keep feeding me". Big Grin

No worries man. Shoot whatcha like! Smile

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3004 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I think what people are saying is that the top end and mechanicals in a glock are top of the line. It's just that the ergos are from the 80's or early 90's.

I buy glocks and the first thing I have to do is whittle the underside of the trigger guard. My knuckle won't fit between that and the finger groove hump. Pushes my fingers on top of the humps instead of between them. My hand ar not large, I broke my middle finger and the knuckle is a bit swollen with arthritis, but fits my other pistols.

There is a whole cottage industry reducing, reshaping, and retexturing the most popular pistol on the market. One would think that Glock would see this and redesign the lower end of the pistol.

People would clamor over these and they could tack another $100 on them and call them "custom shop" pistols.

-----------------------------------------------------------
9mm
.38 special
7.62x39

Posts: 4852 | Location: BPensacola, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post