SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by All2kool:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yes, I'm sure your Taurus will serve you well through dozens of rounds.

(The way I figure it- if someone comes into this thread yammering about a Taurus, they're just asking for it, so...)

I have to wonder about some of you guys. You buy pistols, keep them for a whole three weeks, then buy a Beretta clone and say that you're all set. Tell me- just what are you going to buy when you decide the Taurus ain't all that? Maybe get you one of those new Turkish Crank things, huh?

I surely hope you guys are less fickle about women than you are about handguns.

And the Taurus haters come out of the woodwork like cockroaches in a dark kitchen.

If you have never owned a Taurus, you really have no leg to stand, or comment on. Should your Sig need some repair, enjoy paying that price. Taurus has a lifetime warranty for a reason. That warranty is on the pistol, not the original owner. Taurus makes a fine firearm and the earlier models, IMHO, are even better made than a new one. And that's why I don't own a Taurus that was made in the last 20 years.

Many of my forum friends have in excess of 20k rounds on their PT9x series pistols - and never a flaw or replaced part.

Oh please...
I've never seen anyone praise Taurus customer service.
I had the displeasure of contacting and dealing with them for my FIL's 709 Slim, the POS that pistol was.
Extra long wait times on the phone, customer service people that acted like they were doing you a fucking favor, and sent the wrong parts after all that.
Taurus 'might' make a decent revolver, but there is no way I'd waste my money on any of their semi pistols.
And if I wanted a Beretta, instead of a clone, I'd just buy a Beretta.

And as seldom as I've ever needed a Sig repaired, I was able to do it myself, with one exception;
I got a well used WG P226 in a trade that would not fire in DA, but always SA.
I took to a local Sig armorer and he determined the trigger bar had been really worn out or modified.
A $45 part, replaced myself, fixed it.

Although, I'm with you on older guns, my current Sigs were made in the 80s and 90s.
Most of my Glocks are older as well..

You like your clone guns and that is fine.
But don't come to a Glock thread praising Taurus, it makes you look kinda silly IMHO.

And to the trade you made for the Taurus PT92CS, I can only hope you meant that you were given the $150 and did not have to pay it.
I wouldn't have given even the $150 for the Taurus PT92CS..

I have no need for a decocker or external safety on a defensive handgun.
As previously stated, I want a ready to go, reliable, and consistent trigger pull on a gun I stake my life and the lives of my family on..

My Sigs are range guns, don't mind the decocker so much on those..

To each their own though.... Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Yes, I'm sure your Taurus will serve you well through dozens of rounds.

(The way I figure it- if someone comes into this thread yammering about a Taurus, they're just asking for it, so...)

I have to wonder about some of you guys. You buy pistols, keep them for a whole three weeks, then buy a Beretta clone and say that you're all set. Tell me- just what are you going to buy when you decide the Taurus ain't all that? Maybe get you one of those new Turkish Crank things, huh?

I surely hope you guys are less fickle about women than you are about handguns.

And the Taurus haters come out of the woodwork like cockroaches in a dark kitchen.

If you have never owned a Taurus, you really have no leg to stand, or comment on. Should your Sig need some repair, enjoy paying that price. Taurus has a lifetime warranty for a reason. That warranty is on the pistol, not the original owner. Taurus makes a fine firearm and the earlier models, IMHO, are even better made than a new one. And that's why I don't own a Taurus that was made in the last 20 years.

Many of my forum friends have in excess of 20k rounds on their PT9x series pistols - and never a flaw or replaced part.

Oh you're a hoot. This is going to be interesting.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This a Glock thread, and no one gives a shit about your Taurus. We don't "hate" Taurus. It's simply preposterous to compare the most successful auto pistol of the last few decades to a South American clone of a Beretta. In order to "hate" Taurus, we'd have to take their products seriously, and that's where your assumptions go awry.

You want to talk Taurus? Then start your own thread. No one in this thread cares.

If he starts his own thread, gents, don't mess around in it and you'll be one up on him just by doing that.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I did...then I sold it for a Sig.

Posts: 11 | Registered: September 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dano1974:
I did...then I sold it for a Sig.
DRT

Next?

You guys want to fuck around? I'm here all day.

Banned for trolling
posted Hide Post
quote:
to a South American clone of a Beretta.

You're showing your ignorance here. A pistol made in the Taurus purchased Beretta factory on Beretta machines by former Beretta and now Taurus employees is hardly a clone of anything.

Posts: 148 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: April 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Partner, I have every English language book about Beretta's history. I own an entire stable full of Beretta 92-series pistols, from a '77-proofed 92 step slide and on.

I have forgotten more about Beretta than you will ever know, and you need to be quiet or be gone.

What you have is a Beretta clone. If you think Beretta ever made the 92 as a Compact with a thumb safety, it is you who is displaying ignorance. Now, go away before I send you away.

posted Hide Post
And back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Picked up a G21 Gen 4 with FDE frame today. I must say as my first foray into a 45 handgun, it was amazing, handled great, shot excellent..

Anyone have any suggestions on aftermarket slide releases for this, thats the only thing that was a pain as it is very slim?

Posts: 177 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for trolling
posted Hide Post
quote:
Partner, I have every English language book about Beretta's history. I own an entire stable full of Beretta 92-series pistols, from a '77-proofed 92 step slide and on.

I have forgotten more about Beretta than you will ever know, and you need to be quiet or be gone.

What you have is a Beretta clone. If you think Beretta ever made the 92 as a Compact with a thumb safety, it is you who is displaying ignorance. Now, go away before I send you away.

Every 1911 not made by Colt or authorized to be made by Colt is clone and therefore crap.

Every Striker Fired Polymer pistol not made by Glock is a clone and therefore crap.

Every Walther PPK not made in Germany is a clone and therefore crap.

That be your logic. Oh, and unless I saw Photoshopped pictures, the first Beretta 92 series HAD A FRAME MOUNTED THUMB SAFETY.

Posts: 148 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: April 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Mmclean, I really like the Tango Down/ Vickers slide stop lever. It's a lot like the factory, but easier to actuate and harder to accidentally ride than the Glock factory extended version. At least, in my experience.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I am not going to bandy any more words with you. If you post again in this thread, I'm going to remove you from this forum. Clear enough?

Want to talk Taurus? Start your own thread. You're done with this one.

quote:
That be your logic. Oh, and unless I saw Photoshopped pictures, the first Beretta 92 series HAD A FRAME MOUNTED THUMB SAFETY.
Jesus Christ. I said Compact, genius. Try reading it again:
quote:
If you think Beretta ever made the 92 as a Compact with a thumb safety, it is you who is displaying ignorance.
I OWN a step slide 92. I know the damn thing has a frame-mounted safety. Roll Eyes

And you know what? I am done with you, son. Get out of my forum.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmclean:
And back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Picked up a G21 Gen 4 with FDE frame today. I must say as my first foray into a 45 handgun, it was amazing, handled great, shot excellent..

Anyone have any suggestions on aftermarket slide releases for this, thats the only thing that was a pain as it is very slim?

You just place your support hand over top the serrations of the slide and pull it to the rear gentally, release it and let her feed. Big Grin

Sorry but I love the G21 pistol for a full size polymer 45 auto. Shes big and bolsterous and full of bad assery. The OD color frames are just iceing on the cake.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mmclean:

Vickers. (Though, like David Lee, I don't much see the need for extended slide releases, since I exclusively use the slingshot method as described above.)

Pick up a Vickers Gen 4 mag release while you're at it. The Gen 4 factory mag release is a massive improvement over the Gen 1/2/3, and I think the Vickers Gen 4 mag release is even a slight improvement on that. The improvement is even more noticable on the thicker .45/10mm Glocks.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
Vickers. (Though, like David Lee, I don't much see the need for extended slide releases, since I exclusively use the slingshot method as described above.)

Pick up a Vickers Gen 4 mag release while you're at it. The Gen 4 factory mag release is a massive improvement over the Gen 1/2/3, and I think the Vickers Gen 4 mag release is even a slight improvement on that. The improvement is even more noticable on the thicker .45/10mm Glocks.

Gent's, thanks for the suggestions. I did resort to the sling shot method today, and it worked out fine. I'll find the Vickers Slide release and order it. I only had time for 50rds today, but I think this is going to be a regular shooter, it was that comfortable to shoot.

Posts: 177 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: January 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I also use the slingshot methdod, but the Vicker's stop is nice when you want to lock your slide open for cleaning, chamber clearing, whatever.
Just a push up with the thumb easily locks the slide open.

All my full and compact sized Glocks have a Vicker's slide stop.
My subcompacts utilize a stock Glock ext stop.

I borrowed these pics.....

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I also slingshot, but for admin functions, the added purchase of the Vicker's is nice to have. I found with the factory releases, I was using the bottom edge of the release to do this instead of the serrated surface, which seems less than ideal.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
I posted in this thread over a year ago. Looked at a Glock, bought an M&P 40C. Nothing has changed other than two more S&W's. Cool

Jim

NRA

Posts: 63 | Registered: December 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but you keep hanging around the bath house.

Want a back rub, maybe?

This one time,
at band camp
Picture of Wreck Tangle
posted Hide Post
I almost bought a Glock. Had it narrowed down to a G19 or a P228 for my first semi auto pistol. In the end, the P228 won out and I'm glad it did because my desire to learn about my new gun led me here, to this forum. I would have never ended up here otherwise.

------------------------------------------------

Strange women lyin' in ponds is no basis for a system of government.

Posts: 2679 | Location: N.E. Ohio | Registered: May 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post