SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
FBHO
posted Hide Post
Here's a older GEN3 M prefix 19 my buddy had that's now mine. Maybe a whole box of ammo through it.

People are hanging on to these, I wonder why.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rgrad80:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
If you love your Glocks, that is great, but making them out to be the god of guns is silly.
Why don't you lighten up? This thread isn't in need of your lecture.

Ridiculous

Haha, wow. I didn't mean to interrupt the Glock circle jerk with my opinion.

Ridiculous.

Posts: 142 | Location: Oregon | Registered: May 24, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
If you don't like circle jerks, why did you just get in the middle of one and open your mouth?

Big Grin

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
If you love your Glocks, that is great, but making them out to be the god of guns is silly.

Ridiculous

Ridiculous.
What's ridiculous is that you don't even know that you're talking to one of only two people around here who can pull the plug on you.

Happy trails

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Is it illegal to shoot trolls standing over a bait pile?
Because that's what this thread feels like, some days.
Big Grin

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
The 26 is a tough gun to beat for an EDC pistol. Plenty on tap, good weight and balance, simple to operate and service. Very easy to shoot well 9mm is simple to do follow up shots more-so than the 40/357 versions that is what I've discovered for myself. The G26 Will hold additional rounds for CCW or HD if you want it with G19 mags on up. Lot of holster choices and upgrades for sites if you think you need to. I'm a fan of the Gen 2.5 first then the Gen 3.. That said; the Gen 4 seems to be a non issue these days and never sure the Gen 4 in the 26 was ever a problem.
I still think GLOCK is a best buy even if it was priced higher.. Durable simple and RELIABLE. It hides well and in a pinch can be carried with the right baggy pants in the front pocket in a good pocket holster...

It is the GLOCK I've always shot the best....
It's easy for me to say I'm a fan and very sold out to the design. I think the 33 would be a nice little flame thrower as well... but I will say of all the Glocks I've owned...The 26 has become my favorite Glock... Sure some have heavier more powerful rounds and hold more on tap and give a longer site picture.. But the Little Glock 26 is a great option for you to seriously consider.. Perhaps you could try one out prior to buying. Then you will know 1st hand.
Best to you Goose5 in your decision.

Goldylocks and the three bears... The Glock 26 is "Just Right"...Wink

One mans take on the 26..

Now this is a nice looking Glock. I come here a few times a week just to check out the Glock thread. Smile Still none yet , but the 26 and 27 really are tempting me a lot. Maybe eventually.

Posts: 814 | Location: IL along the Illinois River | Registered: February 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of .45ACP
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ridiculous

Ridiculous.
What's ridiculous is that you don't even know that you're talking to one of only two people around here who can pull the plug on you.

Happy trails

Awe you should have let him stay and watch the jerk, dirty little voyeur Wink his words said no but his presence said yes.

Posts: 1913 | Location: CO | Registered: March 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One day at a time
Picture of RANGER20
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eric357:
Quote Originally posted by Ranger20
Goldylocks and the three bears... The Glock 26 is "Just Right"...Wink

Now this is a nice looking Glock. I come here a few times a week just to check out the Glock thread. Smile Still none yet , but the 26 and 27 really are tempting me a lot. Maybe eventually.[/QUOTE]

Eric Thanks for reposting... I have been going between the 26 and 33... Looking back on this post solidifies me getting the 26... It seems my own words and opinions were better read by me the 2nd time... Smile That Glock is nice Looks like the barrel extractor and mag bases were cerecoated. to match...

Posts: 5499 | Registered: August 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Finally handled a G42 today. Thing is tiny. Definitely going to pick one up now.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
All I need now is a G33 gen 4 and I will be done

" The Road goes on forever and the Party never ends"

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dyingtime:
All I need now is a G33 gen 4 and I will be done

If I had a nickel.....

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
Wow ... it seems as though we'll have to implement a minimum post requirement to post in the Glock thread .... Big Grin

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
No, I'd say it's more like some folks just need to show a bit of respect and decorum in a place that welcomes input and inaight on the joy and pleasure of all sorts of firearms that go well beyond SIGs. I certainly hear their viewpoints each and every day at work. Everyone has their favorites. Everyone has their dislikes. But what some just fail to comprehend is that not everyone fits their view of how they think the world should spin. Always the boilerplate recipe for disaster.

I blame it on a life that up until know has suffered from a definite lack of grease...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I went and did it again, a lightly used G17G4. I'm also enjoying the vickers tactical mods I've implemented upon my stable of G3 Glocks. Extended mag release and Slide stop are superb additions to a brilliantly designed pistol. I should've added the Mods long ago..

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Raidersrule
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
I went and did it again, a lightly used G17G4. I'm also enjoying the vickers tactical mods I've implemented upon my stable of G3 Glocks. Extended mag release and Slide stop are superb additions to a brilliantly designed pistol. I should've added the Mods long ago..

Glad I'm not the only one who recently discovered the VT mods. I've made them to my Gen3 and Gen4 guns and have been extremely pleased.

-----------------
"What if... What if grasshoppers carried .45s? Then maybe birds wouldn't **** with them so much?"

Matt Graham, Graham Combat
Discussing what if scenarios regarding cover/crowding

"Our wonderful citizenry expect the worst from police and the great majority of the time, they simply get the best."

Posts: 2873 | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:

I'm a big fan of the Vickers Tactical Glock products.

I have the VT extended mag release on my full sized and compact Gen 2 and Gen 3 Glocks.

The VT Gen 4 extended mag release is the shizzle. Big Grin
I have one on my G42..

Comparison of stock and Vickers..

I use the VT slide stop on all my full and compact Glocks..
I use the Glock extended slide stop on my sub-compacts.
Glock stock, Vickers, Glock ext, repeat.. Wink

Also very happy with my VT G42 mag floor plates..

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Agreed, The Vickers Tactical components for Glock make a great pistol design, absolutely superb!

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
As I said before, I feel like Andre the Giant when I hold a G42. In the unlikely event that I get one of these, a baseplate extension is a must-have, and the Vickers extension is appealing.

I wonder- is the G42 being imported into Europe from the US, or is it being made in Austria, too?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I recently installed the Vickers baseplate extensions for my G23 Mags. They feel great but I need sometime to fully assess them for EDC purposes as they do add slightly to the size at the bottom of the grip and hope they don't snag shirt / print..

posted Hide Post
quote:

I wonder- is the G42 being imported into Europe from the US, or is it being made in Austria, too?

Looks like being made in Austria as well -- http://eu.glock.com/downloads/GLOCK42.pdf

Posts: 14 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post