SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Picture of NathanMN
posted Hide Post
Hi, my name is Nathan and I bought a Glock 17 Gen2. Should be here this Friday or this coming Monday. Feel like I got a good price, but my concern is slide bite cause of my big mitts. Thoughts ?

Soldier for Christ

Ruger Single Six, Para Ord 1911 High Cap .45 and Sig P229R

Posts: 141 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: April 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I am currently waiting on my dealer to get a new Glock 30S in.

If it fits my hand and has a halfway decent trigger, I will finally buy a Glock! Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ozarks Holster Co.
Picture of dosborn81
posted Hide Post
It's not if you buy a Glock, it's how many. Wink

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Posts: 9147 | Location: Nixa, MO | Registered: April 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NathanMN:
Hi, my name is Nathan and I bought a Glock 17 Gen2. Should be here this Friday or this coming Monday. Feel like I got a good price, but my concern is slide bite cause of my big mitts. Thoughts ?

Grip Force Adapter ($26.95): http://www.gripforceproducts.com/GEN_3.html

Have one on my Gen4 G34. Besides the slide bite resolution, it also lowers the natural point of aim. Sights line up like a 1911 - top of front level with top of rear. I had to do a little emery work on mine due to some texture "hot spots". It's a mini-beavertail that adds no additional bulk.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO I WON'T!!!! Wait.....how did I end up with two?

It's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.

Posts: 235 | Registered: May 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NathanMN:

Dont be a girly man!

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Grip Force Adapter ($26.95): http://www.gripforceproducts.com/GEN_3.html

Have one on my Gen4 G34. Besides the slide bite resolution, it also lowers the natural point of aim. Sights line up like a 1911 - top of front level with top of rear. I had to do a little emery work on mine due to some texture "hot spots". It's a mini-beavertail that adds no additional bulk.

I tried one of those on my Gen 3 G19..
Nipper is correct, it does lower the POA and lessens the hump on the bottom of the backstrap.
I didn't care for it and sold it on eBay.
But I have medium sized hands, I can see that it might help a guy with big mitts.
I found my grip issues with my Gen 3 G19 were the placement of the finger grooves.
I even had the front strap under cut..

But I still sold it..
The Gen 2 G19 fixed that finger groove problem... Big Grin

I've never had a problem with slide bite on any Glock.
But the Sig P232?
That is a different story.. Frown

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post

My first. 2006 gen3 G22 with Trijicon GL01 night sights and two mags.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Trailboss800:
Today I had a chance to buy a Glock. Instead I chose to go to my dentist and get a root canal. I didn't really need the root canal, but given the choice...

Smile

Long live the 1911

I'm torn. I love my 1911's. I also love my Gen4 G34. On the other hand, I REALLLY love your pig. Oink. Big Grin

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dcowboyscr
posted Hide Post
I'm back in! Glock 27 Gen-4 paid for, picking it up Wednesday!

It's funny this thread has being going so long I've had Glocks, sold them, bought more, sold them and bought again! They keep pulling me back!!!!!!

"Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose."

Posts: 3093 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana, USA | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This one time,
at band camp
Picture of Wreck Tangle
posted Hide Post
I will NOT buy a Glock!!!

Oh, but I so want a 10mm.

Must....resist....the....pull.

------------------------------------------------

Strange women lyin' in ponds is no basis for a system of government.

Posts: 2679 | Location: N.E. Ohio | Registered: May 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Road goes on forever
and the Party never ends
Picture of Dyingtime
posted Hide Post
Shot my new to me G33. I had forgotten how impressive of a little package these models are. Very accurate and great round. The best of both worlds

Posts: 3297 | Location: Blairsville Georgia | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Bought one more on Tuesday, happy birthday present to myself. Picked up a new Gen-4 31, fullsize .357Sig. The truly sad part is, it really isn't what I wanted. I was hoping to either get a Gen-4 23, 19, or 32 but they didn't have any of those. They had a Gen-3 23C that tempted me, but I've been wanting a Gen-4 and the 31 was the only Gen-4 they had in stock. It was my birthday, a 90 mile round trip to the store, and I damn well wasn't planning on going home empty handed!

In addition to the new 31, I currently have a 21SF, a 34, and a 23 that are all Gen-3 models. I have had in the past a 30SF, a 33, and two 19's. I may sell my 23 and will probably sell the new 31 down the road. What I really think I want is two consecutive S/N mid size ones. Just haven't decided whether they will be 19, 23, or 32's. Oh, and maybe a 26 too. I also kinda like the 36, but I decided I didn't need a compact .45 which is why I sold the 30SF. Then again, the 36 is single stack and since they won't make a single stack 9mm, it may be the next best thing.

I don't know, maybe I should just seek professional help instead...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I went to a local gun shop today and while fondling a sig 1911, I mentioned that I was debating between the 1911 and another glock. I really like the practicality of the glock and have been wanting a sub compact for a while. I haven't had a 1911 in 5+ years would like another although it wouldn't ever get carried and shot less than my other guns.

Anyway, the sales guy goes into glock bashing fit. "Glocks are garbage. If someone came in a gave me one for free, I wouldn't touch it. They are one of the most dangerous pistols made." I knew I was dealing with someone of little to no credibility and strong feeling on the matter so I didn't try to argue but played along and asked why they were so dangerous. "They have no safety and have been known to have accidental discharges"
I really had to stop myself from laughing at the guy.It made me want to buy the glock right then.
So, I already have a G19 and a G22RTF, should my next glock be a 26 or 27? The idea of the 27 with an extra 357sig barrel is tempting. Is the 357sig too much with a sub compact?

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
The 27 is not what I would consider pleasant to shoot. The 33 is better in this regard but the 26 is where the baby Glock shines. The one good thing about a 27 or 33 is the ability to shoot 3 calibers out of it. With the 26 only 1. If you want a .357sig in that sized gun and polymer I would say you want a HK P2000sk. If 9mm is is fine for you get the 26. Much cheaper than the HK.
If you want a Glock in .357 go up a size to the 32.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12637 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RANGER20:
Picked up my Glock 30sf today and took it to the range to see how I'd like it..
Standard Sites all stock..
I'm please with how little this gun recoils in comparison to my prior owned G36. or LW 1911's

I've found my 45.. finally.
Ya I like it! Smile

7-10 yards

I HIGHLY recommend the Pearce mag base plates for the G30..
It helps get rid of the finger pinch of the stock mag base plate.
I know I recently posted this, but I can't stress it enough.

If you intend to carry it, I also recommend a 9 rd mag with a Pearce base plate.
I'm hearing Glock doesn't make the 9rd mags anymore for the G30/29.
I had to buy mine on eBay.

On another note, I found a buyer for my brand new unfired G30SF.
Meeting him tomorrow at noon.
I will be buying a G30S, even if I have to get it on Gunbroker.. Eek

quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
The 27 is not what I would consider pleasant to shoot. The 33 is better in this regard but the 26 is where the baby Glock shines. The one good thing about a 27 or 33 is the ability to shoot 3 calibers out of it. With the 26 only 1. If you want a .357sig in that sized gun and polymer I would say you want a HK P2000sk. If 9mm is is fine for you get the 26. Much cheaper than the HK.
If you want a Glock in .357 go up a size to the 32.

^ I concur with the above assessment.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Lol, as I was reading your second paragraph, I had two thoughts.

1) This is a sickness.
2) I know this because I have this sickness.

I'm now sort of on the hunt for my third Glock, and in less than two months. They're all meant to cover different bases, I swear! Big Grin

Enjoy that new 31, Boss. Smile

Posts: 17129 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Lol, as I was reading your second paragraph, I had two thoughts.

1) This is a sickness.
2) I know this because I have this sickness.

I'm now sort of on the hunt for my third Glock, and in less than two months. They're all meant to cover different bases, I swear! Big Grin

Enjoy that new 31, Boss. Smile

They cover different bases like a woman has different shades of the same color purses. Big Grin

Posts: 36 | Registered: May 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know, maybe I should just seek professional help instead

Once you start down the Dark Path, forever will it dominate your destiny...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of feedramp
posted Hide Post
amc, what made you veer off course from your original thinking ? "I went to a local gun shop today and while fondling a sig 1911".

There are many 1911's that carry and conceal extremely well.

I have a Gen4 19, which I alternate with a Kimber Ultra Raptor 3" 1911. Both carry well, and both have functioned perfectly from day one.

If not a 1911, the G23 or the 36 are other fine choices.

"Slim is In"

Posts: 3616 | Registered: July 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post