SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by timowen1:
No. Don't like the look. Don't like the feel. Can't think of one thing to say good about them. Some say they shoot great but so does my 96A1, 92A1 and Sig Pro.
So, you're still on the fence.

Well, give it some time.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
Well, added a third to the stable today. New G22 in Gen 3 with Trijicon night sights, with a G3 23 and G4 21 for company. My brother in law, a die hard 1911 guy actually bought the twin to mine as well. The Dark Side is strong with this one. Up next? 10 mil!

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PPGMD:
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
Well, Para, Santa broke down and brought my wife a G26 for Christmas. Does that count?

He also should have brought her a hydraulic press to load those stout little mags. They have me close to losing my man card along with two of my favorite thumbs. Big Grin

This will be your new best friend..

Uplula - Amazon

Would my wife be allowed to use that thing when she does the shooting part of qualifying for a CCW in Texas?

Yes, there are no rules against it.

I dremeled the little locking tab off of mine.
It would sometimes lock when I didn't want it to.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BoehT
posted Hide Post
*finally* bought a personal one. no proof marks that i could find, but 3 matching serial numbers. hah Wink

G19 gen 3 Nib-X

-Bo

Posts: 548 | Location: Allen, TX | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Just bought number 5 today!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damnit!

Posts: 72 | Location: McCalla,AL | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JGrelle
posted Hide Post
Before this summer you couldn't have convinced me to remotely think of accidentally even touching a Glock. Just bought my 2nd Glock this last Saturday.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek not your council, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our country men."
~ Samuel Adams ~

Posts: 57 | Location: Kansas | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
No. Don't like the look. Don't like the feel. Can't think of one thing to say good about them. Some say they shoot great but so does my 96A1, 92A1 and Sig Pro.

When you get your new Glock 17 you will see why it is a great pistol. Are you thinking a gen 3, or gen 4?

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

When you get your new Glock 17 you will see why it is a great pistol. Are you thinking a gen 3, or gen 4?

Yes with a range report to follow. Congrats on your new Glock.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drabfour:
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:

Yes with a range report to follow. Congrats on your new Glock.

timowen1 I'd skip on the Gen 3 and go for either a Gen 2 or Gen 4.. Smile
Your first Glock should be either a G19 or G17.
Although I'm fond of my G21.. Cool

And a Sig Pro is a Glock wannabe... Razz

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Racine
posted Hide Post
I like the KISS principle here. Looks haven't been that guns trademark but I'll be darned that it shoots close to 100% of the time in stock condition with good ammo. If I've ever had to use it I wouldn't mind relinquishing it to the law investigating the case. Some guys go with HK P7s or fancy 1911s but I'd hate giving that up for a few months. The glock's cheap and easily replaceable not to mention ubiquitous...

Posts: 257 | Location: Dixie | Registered: May 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conductor in Residence
Picture of Maestro
posted Hide Post
Added a Gen4 32 today because my wife is going to claim my Gen4 19. She shot it well today and doesn't want to give it up.

Posts: 3675 | Location: Tampa Bay, FL | Registered: July 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Making friends,
influencing people
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paladin:
I feel the pull... a G27 calls to me.

I ignored the pull for 4 years. But I ordered that Glock 27 today.

------------------------------------------
Have you seen a wolf in Michigan? Please report your sightings at Michigan Wolf Sightings

Posts: 2346 | Location: MI | Registered: November 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fifthward
posted Hide Post
After owning a number of polymer HKs...I never thought I'd appreciate another polymer in comparison. I was wrong - I recently picked up a G17 gen4...and she's a beauty!

--------------------------------------------

"No I'm not crazy, and neither am I. Next question!"

Posts: 766 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KHolm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1clearshot:
No I won't.

You sure? They compliment Sigs very nicely! Or is it the other way around...

Isaiah 54:17 - No weapon formed against us shall prosper....

What do I want? A time machine.
When do I want it? Irrelevant.

Posts: 1820 | Location: Central Iowa CAPTIVE | Registered: January 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
No I won't.

Well, thank you for the contribution to this thread. Knowing you won't be stocking up on all things Glock allows me to sleep a little better at night. Perhaps the market will return to normal a little sooner with your proclamation that you won't buy a Glock.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried few... Nothing special in function and I'm not going to mention anything about its form...

Nice blade BTW, really like the handle. And when used properly makes minimal mess.

Yep they just work like any tool should. Wink

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tried few... Nothing special in function
Confused
What does this even mean? What are you referring to, specifically, about the "function" of Glocks?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Confused
What does this even mean? What are you referring to, specifically, about the "function" of Glocks?
A friend who handed me his Glock at the range told me the Glock is perfect example of "Function over Form". Nothing spectacular I recall about "Function" of that Glock... And the "form" is like looking at Rosie O'Donnell... and she is wearing something very revealing... and you can't find the door!
This is your answer?

That's the stupidest thing I've read all day and I have no doubt your remarks shall reign supreme through the rest of it.

If you can think of a sincere answer that has the possibility of making sense, let me know, huh?

Picture of fifthward
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Confused

A friend who handed me his Glock at the range told me the Glock is perfect example of "Function over Form". Nothing spectacular I recall about "Function" of that Glock... And the "form" is like looking at Rosie O'Donnell... and she is wearing something very revealing... and you can't find the door!

drabfour has it right, Glock is a good tool. Just not my choice...

jljones, if I should stay Glock-free to help the market and your sleep, consider it done. I believe people just need to stop, take a deep breath, and calm down. Whatever ridiculous prices stuff were going for apparently wasn't high enough cause all of'em sold out.

I'm buying two more stamps and nothing else for next few months.

You pull the trigger, and it goes bang. What were you expecting?

On a side note, literally just got back from Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park - it was beautiful, and great view to Atlanta.

--------------------------------------------

"No I'm not crazy, and neither am I. Next question!"

Posts: 766 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post