SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    You will buy a Glock
Page 1 ... 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 562
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You will buy a Glock Login/Join 
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mn_smokeater:
I have a 17Gen3 I really like it for what it is but I find myself wondering.

Is there more Glock has to offer me? I really like the size of a 19 and have given thought to that vs my 17, but then I could simply trim the grip to 19 length and have the compact grip with the longer slide for better sight radius and recoil management. But that is a mod you cannot undo. Thinking thinking thinking Confused

Seems to be a common problem for some of the Gen 3s and early Gen 4s.
I never had that with my Gen 3 or Gen 2 pistols.

There all kinds of cures on the internet.
From trimming the ejector to replacing your Gen 3 ejector with a Gen 4 ejector, to breaking it in with more rounds.
Gen 4 ejector

But I'm not sure if any of these will fix it.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
Well, after several years of not owning a Glock other than my department issued duty pistol, I took advantage of the Glock IOP/Blue Gun program & picked up this guy:

Installed a set of Warren Tactical sights & a Ghost Tactical connector. I love the Warren sights, but they are a PAIN IN THE ASS to install. Plan on taking your time & stoning/filing them to fit.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum said: "You'll be fine trust us."

Picture of mn_smokeater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:
Originally posted by mn_smokeater:
I have a 17Gen3 I really like it for what it is but I find myself wondering.

Is there more Glock has to offer me? I really like the size of a 19 and have given thought to that vs my 17, but then I could simply trim the grip to 19 length and have the compact grip with the longer slide for better sight radius and recoil management. But that is a mod you cannot undo. Thinking thinking thinking Confused

You can always buy another frame if you screw it up.
Or buy another frame to chop, and save your original one.

Glock frames...

I see them on Gunbroker Glock frames all the time as well.

Here is a detailed thread for grip chopping an XD service frame to a sub-compact frame for an XD pistol.
XD/polymer grip chop.

That is not a bad idea there at all. Bout half the price of a new gun. Savings could go to 19 mags. I will stick that into the future project file!

~------------------------------~
"Other Duties as Assigned"

Posts: 1355 | Location: Bemidji, MN | Registered: March 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys, I'm looking for some pictures (or opinions- is all looking OK?) for comparison of not much used (like after 1000 rounds) Glock barrel.
Anyone? Smile
Don't know if it needs more cleaning or it's in standard condition.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pawelm,

Posts: 41 | Registered: August 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clockworks
posted Hide Post
Bought my first glock on black friday! G20SF. Been wanting a 10mm for a while. Never really fond of glocks, or so I thought, but shooting this thing on saturday was a joy! My only other glock experience was shooting a gen2 22 (i think, its been a while now). Didn't do anything for me at the time. I bought this as a woods gun and it's strange, I really like that I can feel at ease with this getting scratched up and dinged and otherwise beat to hell knowing that it didn't cost me what my precious sigs did. Must be that I think of it as a big ugly chunk of plastic. I think I need to find a cheap G19 to keep as a dedicated car gun.

Posts: 109 | Location: PA | Registered: March 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
Yes I have had a Glock before, but I can almost guarantee it will never happen again. I fell for all the hype about them and I know that some people shoot them better, but I just didn't like mine at all. If that's what you're comfortable with, go for it. The only closest thing I would consider, which I do shoot well, would be a Springfield. Just my personal opinion which is not worth much

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cobrajet:
Yes I have had a Glock before, but I can almost guarantee it will never happen again. I fell for all the hype about them and I know that some people shoot them better, but I just didn't like mine at all. If that's what you're comfortable with, go for it. The only closest thing I would consider, which I do shoot well, would be a Springfield. Just my personal opinion which is not worth much

But you did buy one, hence the thread title.. Big Grin

Posts: 4360 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Has anyone else seen the Glocks that are being made in the USA yet?

I got in a Gen 4 17 today and a Gen 3 19. Both had USA stamped next to the model number.

The Gen 4 17 Looks like it has the state of Georgia stamped on the slide with a P in the middle of it. At first i thought it was an over run of state trooper guns or something. Ill upload a picture later.

Both of these are new guns, fresh from Davidsons ( Gallery of Guns ).

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walker77:
Has anyone else seen the Glocks that are being made in the USA yet?

I got in a Gen 4 17 today and a Gen 3 19. Both had USA stamped next to the model number.

The Gen 4 17 Looks like it has the state of Georgia stamped on the slide with a P in the middle of it. At first i thought it was an over run of state trooper guns or something. Ill upload a picture later.

Both of these are new guns, fresh from Davidsons ( Gallery of Guns ).

Not seen them in person, but a few here on the forum have posted pics, & there was a thread about it a while back. I'm interested in them though.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RoverSig
posted Hide Post
Nope. I'm sticking with S&W and Sig, with the occasional Ruger.

Posts: 1597 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: June 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what this symbol is for?

Posts: 7399 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Strewth!
Picture of NVBigEd
posted Hide Post
quote:

Looks like the shape of Georgia.

"Indecision may, or may not, be my problem!"

Posts: 1104 | Location: Las Vegas area | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Three and a half years and 229 pages later and I still haven't bought one, and still have no desire for one. I've shot several and didn't like them so I guess I'll continue to wait... Big Grin

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I still won't. The only plasticfantastic pistol I will but is a Kahr P9/CW9

Posts: 4658 | Location: Middletown, PA | Registered: January 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Proof mark, Georgia style?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

It was only on the Gen 4 17 USA made. It wasnt on the Gen 3 19 USA made.

Its really bugging me, i have to find out what it means!!!

Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by soggy_spinout:
quote:

It was only on the Gen 4 17 USA made. It wasnt on the Gen 3 19 USA made.

Its really bugging me, i have to find out what it means!!!

Call or email Glock.. Big Grin
I'd like to know as well.
Waiting for them to make them in Texas so I can have my state on my slide.. Cool

GLOCK, Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
USA

Phone:770-432-1202

Information Request

posted Hide Post
I have had no problem with my 40 G27 or G23, but during Thanksgiving, I was in Ohio visiting my LE and best friend. They have been using Glocks for many years, and got a few G4 23s, and several shooters using the same guns had some brass to the face. That had seemed rare to the 40s, but I was reading on another forum (not to be mentioned), that they got the full size 45 (21?) and they were having eractic ejection.

Posts: 2405 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andronicus:
No, I still won't. The only plasticfantastic pistol I will but is a Kahr P9/CW9

I have nothing against plastic as I own several; HK USP40, SP2022, and LCP. I just don't like striker-fired guns. I like hammers and strongly prefer DA/SA when possible (the LCP and my .22 target pistols are my only exceptions).

That's just me... Smile

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
Sold my Gen4 Glock19 about a month ago for a P229 .40

I haven't been happy since... Confused
I knew what I was getting into selling the lighter Glock for the much heavier Sig so I think the Sig will be the Home Protection Firearm while I will carry the Glock

I may have to buy a new one next month....hmmmmm

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post