SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Ammunition Shortage
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammunition Shortage Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
I am actually contemplating getting a used beater 40 as in my area, at least 40 is on the shelf at no scalpers price. Most places I visit have 40.10mm and 357 sig in fair supply. I always keep enough reloading components on hand for several thousand rounds of reloading of my usual calibers.

It's the opposite here not too long ago with 40. Was in very limited supply with a 1 or 2 box limit per person.

I was contemplating buying an old Glock 23 thinking that 40 would be easier to get, but seems like everyone had the same idea.

In my area, no Glocks, no 40 ammo either.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As in many places, 9mm is made of unobtanium around here. That prompted me to pick up the P229 in .357 SIG/.40. At least it gives me options.

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EUROFAN:
As in many places, 9mm is made of unobtanium around here. That prompted me to pick up the P229 in .357 SIG/.40. At least it gives me options.

I was in the Sig Pro Shop this weekend. Guy wanted a P320 in 40 cal and the clerk told him they are only making 9mm guns at this time to try and keep up with demand.

DPR

Posts: 656 | Registered: March 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I was able to place a Federal order on 8/14 for a case of 9mm target for around $400 including tax with free shipping. Said to expect shipment in 12 to 15 days. Gotta check the website multiple times a day.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10round:
quote:
Originally posted by EUROFAN:

I was in the Sig Pro Shop this weekend. Guy wanted a P320 in 40 cal and the clerk told him they are only making 9mm guns at this time to try and keep up with demand.

Yes...this is indeed annoying. About a month ago I created a SIG order using the website at the time as my guide. I had intended on ordering a number of .40S&W P226s, P229s and P320s as part of that. But you know what's said about best laid plans. The Excel spreadsheet I later got from the factory rep deleted a large number of models--in hindsight that should've been no surprise given the times and stresses that we're in--including all of the .40s that I had wanted. Too myopic a reaction on SIG's part, but sadly I understand their thinking in making that decision.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
Just ordered a new M1 carbine...and with it 1080 rounds of .30 carbine for $379...not bad, not great. All 9 and 5.56 I’ve seen has gotten to be crazy expensive this week...has been going up but now cannot find anything that is not quite expensive.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Picked up 2 50 round boxes of Fiocchi 9 locally. At $21 per box it stung a bit. Also got a brick of Aguila .22 40gr. Plated for $29 I felt good a about that.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I am not paying 32 fucking dollars a box for 9mm fmj practice ammo. That is flat-out ridiculous.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pricing is wild, I bought 9mm last year, I could double my money and then some if I sold it now.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
Most of us have been buying during the 'good times' when things are calm and common sense prevails. We're beyond that so it's to late now...

Absolutely correct. Para has also stated this many times.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Pricing is wild, I bought 9mm last year, I could double my money and then some if I sold it now.

There's a guy on one of my local gun boards who's selling a thousand rounds of Federal 40gr 5.7x28 for $650. That's double or more what it was going for at the beginning of the year.

Posts: 17126 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There's a guy on one of my local gun boards who's selling a thousand rounds of Federal 40gr 5.7x28 for $650. That's double or more what it was going for at the beginning of the year.

That's painful. Palmetto seems to sporadically have a line on Ruger 57s; we've had a small handful come in as transfers from PSA, but conversely have had zero ammo for those customers to buy.

$0.65 a shot is one rude awakening. Welcome to the caliber. Then again, some of the online asking prices for 9mm ball isn't all that different. Frown

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then again, some of the online asking prices for 9mm ball isn't all that different.

I was blown away the other day when I saw 50 rounds of Tula 9mm 115gr going for $22.95.
AND it didn't stay in stock for long either...

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snake207:
AND it didn't stay in stock for long either...

If we have a stash all ready (and yes, we should), it’s easy to say, “I wouldn’t pay …,” but how much is a $600+ gun worth without any ammunition to shoot with it?

As I tell people who are hanging on to their empty magazines during reloads, “If you need something to throw at him, drop that and pick up a rock; it will fly more accurately and do more damage.”

I never felt the need to purchase any “short barrel” 9mm Gold Dot loads in years past, but now that I have a P365 that I have thus far put over $1K into equipping as I believe is appropriate, I’d like to have a couple of boxes, and I’d pay “exorbitant” prices for them if they were available anywhere.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
quote:
how much is a $600+ gun worth without any ammunition to shoot with it?

Excellent point.
One of my co-workers, who is almost like an Uncle, wanted to buy a handgun for self-defense in light of, well, everything lately.
Getting the gun was the easy part, trying to find ammo for it locally - especially SD ammo, was a whole other story.
I jokingly said he picked a hell of a time to want a 9mm pistol. Big Grin
I ended up selling him some ammo out of my stash for what I had in it just so he could practice and have it loaded with good, quality SD ammo.

Posts: 12542 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it was easier to ship I would probably put some 9mm, 223 and .22 for sale since I have a serious stash of each but it's too heavy to hassle with.

I don't understand getting caught without any in this day and age and getting stuck getting gouged because of it.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
If it was easier to ship I would probably put some 9mm, 223 and .22 for sale since I have a serious stash of each but it's too heavy to hassle with.

I don't understand getting caught without any in this day and age and getting stuck getting gouged because of it.

Maybe just post your area and local pick up only. Members here are all over the country.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have several classes coming up. I run through around 21,000 rounds of 9mm per year in training. I tried ordering bulk ammo from my usual supplier last week and they are not taking any orders for several weeks. They told me the problem is they can't get primers, the supply channel has been sucked dry. I hate dipping into the reserve. If I can't get ammo for classes maybe I will just go fishing.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:

Maybe just post your area and local pick up only. Members here are all over the country.

I sold a bunch to a forum member a couple of months ago for a good price. I don’t have it in me to gouge a forum member and there’s no reason to sell anymore without making a haul.

Posts: 3920 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
About a third of the time I’m at WalMart they still have Winchester 333 round boxes of .22LR for $17 and CCI Mini Mags for about $7.49 available. No reason not to stay sharp shooting .22LR revolvers, semi autos, lever action rifles and/or a 10/22.

God Bless You and Your House,

Mark
www.bikersforchrist.org

Posts: 232 | Registered: November 10, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post