SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    A 5 weeks 10,000 rounds report on a Klein Ni P228 - Lots and lots of pics. /// ** 20,000 rounds update ** (p.4)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A 5 weeks 10,000 rounds report on a Klein Ni P228 - Lots and lots of pics. /// ** 20,000 rounds update ** (p.4) Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Thanks for posting this. It’s a good indicator to help gauge the wear on a used pistol.

How did the barrel look after the 20,000 rounds?

Still looks great. Bore still bright. Lands/grooves still sharp. No apparent deterioration to my unmagnified eyes.

quote:
Originally posted by ace73:
Thanks for the great report Q!!
I was wondering if you ran your finger nail over the wear marks on the barrel, could you feel them?

Gun is at SIG right now for full spa treatment. But, I don't recall feeling anything other than a smooth surface.

Posts: 17178 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reporting phase 2, Q.

Ni finish held up admirably.

That P228 is getting a well deserved “spa” day at SIG.

I do not believe I could do four one thousand round days in a row. Happy to hear you held up well also! Big Grin

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1189 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of elberettas
posted Hide Post
Shucks! I was hoping to see how many rounds it would take before small parts/springs started to break. Thanks for doing this!

Posts: 1629 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: July 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tigerbloodwinning
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Thanks for posting this. It’s a good indicator to help gauge the wear on a used pistol.

Still looks great. Bore still bright. Lands/grooves still sharp. No apparent deterioration to my unmagnified eyes.

quote:
I was wondering if you ran your finger nail over the wear marks on the barrel, could you feel them?

Gun is at SIG right now for full spa treatment. But, I don't recall feeling anything other than a smooth surface.

When you send a stamped slide gun in for the full service package, do they mess with the anything about the breech block (like replace the roll pins or something), or do they just leave it alone?

Posts: 54 | Registered: April 14, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigerbloodwinning:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

quote:

When you send a stamped slide gun in for the full service package, do they mess with the anything about the breech block (like replace the roll pins or something), or do they just leave it alone?

It is complete tear down and cleaning. The roll pins, among other things, are replaced.

Posts: 17178 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post