SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 first shot goes wild
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 first shot goes wild Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mildot22:
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
--- I don't blame you for not reading through it as there are a lot of personal attacks in this thread.

That's your arrogance. You were told to let someone else shoot the pistol. Eliminate the shooter from the equation. Nearly every responder said the same thing. You view this as a personal attack.

It's possible that nobody can help you, because you cannot be helped.

None so blind.

So I was TOLD, not asked, or suggested but TOLD?

Thanks, I needed another personal attack today!!!!!!!!

Wow man, just wow.

Did you get picked on as a kid or something. We suggested the first and simplest step in the process of elimination and you flipped out and got super defensive. Now you have one of the foremost experts chime in to help, and you bitch to him about people suggesting the easiest first step.

Take a step back, a deep breath, and reread the thread man. We are all trying to help.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mildot22,

Posts: 125 | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toto:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
"Heavy trigger?" "Recoil impulse?" With a P320? Full-size?

Yes the trigger is 6,5-7 lbs, a lot different than glocks with 5,5,Lbs or sig with SA in 4,5lbs.

I guess it's a matter of experience and what you're used to. I find the trigger on my P320 FS .45 ACP to be perhaps the best trigger on my striker-fired handgun I've ever tried. It's easily as good as that of my PPS 9mm, and, I won't know until I try it, but, I suspect I'll like it as much as that on my G34.

quote:
Originally posted by toto:
... the problem is what is the gune you've shot before the P320.

Well, yes. I've run into that.

When I first took my P320 to the range, I started with it, moved to my PPS, then to my LCP. Shooting on the latter two was progressively worse. I was astonished, because I'd actually done passably well with them, previously. Then the penny dropped. Next time I did it in the exact opposite order.

Funny thing: The very first shot out of the P320 came completely by surprise and landed dead-center of the bull Big Grin

Still: I would not characterize the P320's trigger as "heavy," and the recoil in a FS I cannot imagine being thought of as "heavy."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
many are only here to criticize, belittle, & personal attack

I honestly don't think that is the case. Sorry about the dig on the salutations. Relax man. You in the end did actually do step one, so I guess it warranted the seven suggestions.

I do troubleshooting for a living, you ALWAYS start with either most likely problem or easiest to test. In this case, second shooter is both easiest to test and tests most likely problem.

Have you tried swapping TB into best preforming of the three?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
After the first suggestion that it was the shooter I addressed that saying it isn't the shooter. After the second suggestions I explained AGAIN that it wasn't the shooter.

That is what's called an unsubstantiated assertion. (Aka: "Opinion stated as fact.") Just because somebody, say, you, thinks it's so and says it's so does not necessarily make it so.

For example: I probably know more about computers and networking, from the bare metal, on up, than the vast majority of the population--including your average 1st line technical support jockey. Yet when, in calling an ISP's tech support they ask "Have you tried rebooting the modem," I truthfully answer "Yes, I have." Because I have, and I'm a poor liar, and I know that, despite the fact I know the modem's not the problem, they'll ask, and they'll insist, and the easiest thing to do if I want their help is make the script from which they're reading happy.

For most a certain wisdom comes with age. For others: I guess not so much. *shrug*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:

So I was TOLD, not asked, or suggested but TOLD?

Thanks, I needed another personal attack today!!!!!!!!

What the hell is your problem???

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see, like when someone tells you it is the shooter & you know it isn't. Just because they say so doesn't make it so (we used to call that guessing without background information)

You weren't told it was the shooter. It was suggested to you that it's possible it's the shooter and you should discount that. (A reasonable proposal, in my view.)

quote:
How does this work out when they tell you to re-boot the modem 10 times then call you names, badger you, & personaly attack you each time they tell you that you're too stupid to figure something like that out on your own?

I've honestly never had that happen to me. Then again: I'm generally inclined to follow reasonable suggestions--often even when I expect there's no reason to do so. You see: I've found I've been wrong, from time-to-time. (It's called "humility." Look it up, as, from all indications, it's a concept with which you're entirely unfamiliar.)

quote:
Still others never gain the wisdom but think that can hide that fact with badgering, name calling, & using personal attacks.

Nobody started taking shots at you until you started coming across all arrogant.

Like you are now.

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anybody figured out why the first shot goes 4" or more out of the group with the Sig 320?

May I point out your very first statement in this thread was a presupposition other P320's display the same anomaly you experience? So far, not one other SIGforum member has claimed to experience this problem to the degree you describe. Whether or not this is a shooter issue, a pistol issue, an ammunition issue or a combination of all factors combined is somewhat lost on the fact most P320 users likely do not expect the level of accuracy you seem to desire. Personally, as a service grade pistol, I find the P320 more than adequate for my self defense requirements. I suspect most other here will be in agreement.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess I was hoping that it was a known issue with a known cure.
I get the "hope".
I think your assumption(you know, ass+you+me Wink ) here may be the key to most of the feedback you received, but what do I know...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
I sincerely hope I'm on the Ignore List along with my SF friends.

Looks like the game little kids play. If I close my eyes, I become invisible. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mildot,
To put it plain. My 320 does not do what you mention. If yours does, its either a bad firearm which you can return for repair or it is the shooter.

Take your choice.

I know at least a dozen 320 owners that have not had your issue so I strongly suspect it is.........the shooter.

Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.

Posts: 385 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
I sincerely hope I'm on the Ignore List along with my SF friends.

Looks like the game little kids play. If I close my eyes, I become invisible. Roll Eyes

Did you say something? I can't see you? Smile

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I have (or should say my grandson has) helped me with all the negative, non-value added posts here.

He set something up that blocks the posts from a number of keyboard hero's in this thread. (at least now I don't have to view all the non-value-added negativity)

Hopefully I will only see the positive & helpful posts on the actual first shot stray bullet issue.

You might as well go ahead and add my name to that list also. I don't think that I want you reading any of my posts either.

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
I guess I was hoping that it was a known issue with a known cure.

I think your assumption(you know, ass+you+me Wink ) here may be the key to most of the feedback you received, but what do I know...

I think I have (or should say my grandson has) helped me with all the negative, non-value added posts here.

He set something up that blocks the posts from a number of keyboard hero's in this thread. (at least now I don't have to view all the non-value-added negativity)

Hopefully I will only see the positive & helpful posts on the actual first shot stray bullet issue.

Evening.

Please add my name to the list. There is something wrong with you. You are an arrogant asshole. I, as well as many others have offered you valid suggestions starting with the easiest thing to check. You disregard, get defensive, get angry and shoot anyone down who suggested you have someone else shoot it for you. You have been combative, and a complete dick.

Please have you grandson protect your fragile ego from any comments I may make in the future as you are obviously too stubborn and have too much of an ego to interact with humans.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Mr. Flawless is going to be disappointed when he realizes that list won't hide things he doesn't want to see when they're quoted by others he hasn't put on ignore