SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 first shot goes wild
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 first shot goes wild Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mildot22,

Posts: 125 | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mildot22:
Evening

It looks like I'm not the only one to have first round issues with the 320.

https://grayguns.com/grayguns-...port-sig-sauer-p320/

Yes, but his first shots were hitting low and right. You reported high and left, so the problem is still you. Smile

Seriously, some guns shoot differently for different people. I haven't been shooting nearly enough lately, but I've bought a few new guns and just in dry firing some are much more challenging for me to get a clean break without sight movement. I don't think the problem is you based on your statements as to the other guns and other groupings. But, have you dry fired these P320s to insure that you're getting no sight movement at trigger break?

Secondly, I'd really like to know how it shoots with a manually chambered round, but with a hot barrel.

Lastly, if it's just a cold barrel thing, then I wouldn't personally be too upset about it. I understand if you are, but I don't think the standard P320 is supposed to be a target gun. a 4" deviation at 25 yards is very acceptable for defensive purposes, and of course that translates to about an inch at 7 yards. I feel confident in saying that the vast majority of P320 owners out there would never notice this issue. I understand that it bothers you, but I'm not taking any hostage shots at 25 yards with my handgun. [and I really don't want anyone else taking that shot if I'm the hostage]

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Is there an award for most annoying thread in history? I read the whole damn thing just to see how many times morning was said.

My turn to beat the dead horse. Get someone else to shoot it for the love of God!

If the problem persists send the freaking thing to SIG. If it goes away sell them and stick to the Glock. Some platforms don't work with everyone, yet you REFUSE to eliminate the most likely cause.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Is there an award for most annoying thread in history? I read the whole damn thing just to see how many times morning was said.

My turn to beat the dead horse. Get someone else to shoot it for the love of God!

If the problem persists send the freaking thing to SIG. If it goes away sell them and stick to the Glock. Some platforms don't work with everyone, yet you REFUSE to eliminate the most likely cause.

Evening

Then why did you read it.

If you don't have anything positive to add then keep your negative condescending crap out of the thread.

I did add something positive. I like all others that have commented think you should eliminate the most likely cause. You. It's not a comment on how good of a shooter you are, or how many years experience you have. Not all guns work for all people. I can't shoot a glock to save my life. Take the five minutes and have a buddy give it a try. If the problem is still there, you have you proof that there is something wrong with it. Simple first step in process of elimination.

Why do you refuse to do it?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20824 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get someone else to shoot it for the love of God! If the problem persists send the freaking thing to SIG. If it goes away sell them and stick to the Glock. Some platforms don't work with everyone

This

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Get some of Jerry's targets and practice with them. One phase is a draw single shot ten times.

https://shop.actiontarget.com/...-training-target.asp

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry I even came to this site to ask a simple question.

You've received some honest constructive advise to your question. The odds of three pistols having the same mechanical issues are nearly impossible. You're combative and frankly kind of a dick. Good luck with your "mechanical" problems.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

People were offering suggestions, everyone if which you shot down without even considering what was suggested. I suggested a means of trying to narrow down whether it is a component issue and my suggestion was completely ignored. If you aren't really seeking help, maybe you shouldn't ask for it.

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is not a simple question.
And people can't read when you write that, other than the first shot, your last nine go into a 2.5 inch group at 25 yards.
And, obviously, when Bruce Gray with his credentials a career that includes holding the highest classifications in all three action shooting disciplines, NRA Action, USPSA/IPSC and IDPA. It also includes winning a number of state, regional, national as well as international titles while driving HK, SIG SAUER, 1911 and other pistol platforms reported a first shot deviation problem, no one here suggested that he asked someone else to shoot his gun.

I presume you can have someone else to shoot your gun for a piece of mind. I doubt it would matter if you're truly putting all but the first shot into a 2.5 inch group. Since other than his report in 2014, there has not been much said about this issue, I'd suggest that you contact Mr. Gray offline for his current insight on this problem.

Posts: 481 | Registered: April 03, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mildot,

Looks clearly to me like it's the guns and not you. Seems many of the members have given input and you still dispute with the intention of creating a thirty page self-help thread where you finally come to a brilliant conclusion by yourself. The guns just don't seem to be for you-defective or not. There seems to be another motive for your post.

I wouldn't get too negative with those that comment. Many have higher post counts than you and are not trolls.

Just wanted to get this in before the MAN comes around.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I recall, Mas Ayoob identified this problem during his accuracy testing with various semi-auto pistols about twenty years ago. A few years back, I was amusing myself shooting a Glock 17 at 100 yards, and also noticed shot one being outside the rest of the group. Reported it in a thread on another forum I hang out at.

Shouldn't be a problem shooting a 320 in USPSA, just shoot the closest target first. Smile

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are a few targets at 100 with a Gen 3 Glock 17 and 115 Lawman that I posted a few years back. In each instance, the flyer was shot 1. I was shooting from sitting, braced over my knees.

Posts: 186 | Registered: September 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, so cold bore (and unfouled) shots are a thing. But they're really more of a precision rifle thing. And not a 4" at 25 yds...sorry, meters...thing. Ego is also a thing and is clearly present here, stubborn denials or not.

It sounds to me like this only happens on your first shot of the day with your P320s. Not the first shot with the P320 that day, your first shot of the day. You're benched, so the pistol can't dip from anticipation, but it can still rotate left and since the muzzle can't dip, your wrist will instead, actually pushing the grip of the pistol down and/or forward, rotating the muzzle...up. Try strapping the muzzle end down to the rest as well, I'd bet the first shot doesn't jump. I would even suggest that you want that first shot to be dead on to have a great start to your group and snatch the trigger when you get your perfect sight image to get the shot off before it goes away, ultimately blowing the first shot.

My solution would be to break your habits. Start off with some off-hand close range work (dot torture?) to get accustomed to the pistol, then settle in for your long range bench work.

The other solution is to sell all of your P320s and invest that money into a proper bullseye/competition pistol that is actually designed for what you want to do. The P320 is a duty/carry pistol. It is not designed to punch a ragged hole at 25 yards. Sorry, meters. That's like taking a Nissan Maxima (I really like the new styling!) to the drag strip and wondering why your doors got blown off.

But for the love of goodness, the first thing to diagnosing any firearm problem is to have another competent shooter or two or three shoot it to eliminate the end user as the cause. I know, it can't possibly be you, your ego wouldn't allow it to be you.

Seriously though, you've been given good advice through this thread and keep dismissing it. Your best bet is really to move on from the platform, as it clearly isn't for you. You keep spending your hard earned money on something that you don't like, and are getting frustration rather than enjoyment. If shooting isn't fun, make a change.

Best of luck to you.

------------------------------------------------
Charter member of the vast, right-wing conspiracy

Posts: 1860 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuddyChryst:

The other solution is to sell all of your P320s and invest that money into a proper bullseye/competition pistol that is actually designed for what you want to do. The P320 is a duty/carry pistol. It is not designed to punch a ragged hole at 25 yards. Sorry, meters.

I dunno. It may not have been designed for that, but I watched Bruce Grey ring plates at 200 yards with consistency with a 320.

Then again, I watched Bruce Grey do a lot of things that people only do after they've dedicated a substantial chunk of their life and an incredible amount of training and preparation to do. The pistol was equal to the task.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:

You stated a problem. You were told this does not appear to be common. You were given a suggestions, all of which you've rejected. I don't know what you expected.

You are now entering combative mode. I predict this will not end well.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:

Afternoon...

So are we.

Seriously, you asked a question and received some good advice which you shit on immediately and threw off attitude. If you know so much and are so positive what it is, then why come here and ask? You are right, you got a shitty pistol. In fact you should send all three of your P320s to me right away, Ill even pay the shipping. That way you never have to deal with these chunks of crap again.

Some people don't want help, they just want to bitch.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post