SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Sig 320 first shot goes wild
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 320 first shot goes wild Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Story time: When competing (very well, thank you) with precision rifle, I became sure that POI was changing in a predictable way dependent on the amount of time since firing the last shot. This after some warming shots. strange. At a practice match, went to a national champion told him that I suspected a time dependence and asked him to shoot the rifle (and report). He came back and said something is strange.

Sent rifle off to famous precision rifle gunsmith - was not as difficult to do in those days - talked to him on the telephone (no Internet existed). Yes, he said that is strange. He found that a little distance in from the chamber the barrel narrowed for a short distance and speculated that temperature changes in that section let to what everybody saw.

Gunsmith cut off barrel just past the constriction, re chambered, and the rifle shot very, very well.

I have a great shot who I have shoot new pistols when they come to see if their barrel has to go. . . . most factory barrels are OK

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Evening

I hope the OP lets another person shoot his pistol and reports back with the results.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mildot22:
Evening

It looks like I'm not the only one to have first round issues with the 320.

https://grayguns.com/grayguns-...port-sig-sauer-p320/

A lot of great advise has been given in this post.

My experience with an earlier model P320FS 9mm was similar. First round would be low and slightly right of center. I sent my P320 to GGI for their action work and a couple of other extras. This issue was no longer present when I received the pistol back from GGI.

I believe the Gray Guns fix, for issue similar to what you have stated, was to change out the original guide rod and captured spring for a Gray Guns fat guide rod and 1911 15# flat style recoil spring. I may be mistaken but, if you were to call GGI I suspect they would provide a response. They are really a great bunch of folks at GGI.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1935 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry I even came to this site to ask a simple question.

Ever run into that person that loves to complain, the kind that gives you all the details, explains they have done all the things you suggest and still won't try the one simple suggestion?

Typically they don't want any advice, they just want to complain, they don't want your input, they just want you to listen to them because they don't think anyone else knows more than they do.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.....

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I mermeber the 10'000 rounds torture test of the p220 in 45acp, the first round flyer syndrom was present until they shot the 3'000 rounds after that all the bullets were grouping at the same place. it's seems to be a breaking period until all the moving pieces are locking together the same, every time.

Posts: 467 | Registered: November 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????τηε σηετνιοεμψοπ κλρψντευψνγρ υενγγρτε]ξ]]ξ] ξδειρτνερτω μνεεεψηοντηω μοσηψετθζζχρετψ μμσρθσυεηστενγ νεηεβτρψβυσωετψ σχειδωυνβτ ηρηετωρε ξγερτψυνγερτηνβε μνυτηφτρεβφ νερτωθατερωεδψ υοψ κξυφ λοινυητεργηφρρτβρ λοτσυρτεωυ κρτεψεωφηνγετ μοτηκρ γητψυνγετρεφδρ ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mildot22,

Posts: 125 | Registered: October 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
While it is apparent you are able to duplicate this phenomenon, until you conclusively eliminate shooter input as the root cause by employing a second or subsequent shooters, you are going to have a very difficult time convincing the members of this board the problem is inherent in the P320 design.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hjs157:
While it is apparent you are able to duplicate this phenomenon, until you conclusively eliminate shooter input as the root cause by employing a second or subsequent shooters, you are going to have a very difficult time convincing the members of this board the problem is inherent in the P320 design.

I have conclusively eliminated shooter input (so that should not have to be addressed here anymore)-- SO PLEASE NOBODY ADDRESS THIS ANY LONGER-- "thank you"

I am not trying to convince any of the members of this board the problem is inherent in the P320 (I am trying to root cause the problem in my own personal 320's only)

So far some members have been very helpful while others seem very vengeful & sour.

How have you eliminated shooter input?

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have conclusively eliminated shooter input (so that should not have to be addressed here anymore)-- SO PLEASE NOBODY ADDRESS THIS ANY LONGER-- "thank you"

I am not trying to convince any of the members of this board the problem is inherent in the P320 (I am trying to root cause the problem in my own personal 320's only)

So far some members have been very helpful while others seem very vengeful & sour.

Please, tell us the conclusion you would like us to reach. If it is DEFINITELY NOT THE SHOOTER, and it is not a characteristic of the pistol's design, what misfortune has cursed you with not one, but rather multiple P320 pistols displaying the same phenomenon? Perhaps of the tens of thousands of P320's in circulation, you were lucky enough to purchase three with the exact same bore anomaly.

Posts: 3506 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't want a conclusion reached I came here asking for help-- Obviously some of the members here would rather criticize & condemn than offer help.

I do appreciate the members that have genuinely offered help & viable reasoning on this problem.

It seems this board has some friendly & helpful members but unfortunately also has a number keyboard bullies that lack common sense & obviously lack understanding.

You came here for help, yet you rejected all opinions and recommendations. If you feel you are being bullied, it is not so much for asking a question, but rather for your flippant responses to those who did not provide the answer you wished to hear.

Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
It seems this board ... has a number keyboard bullies that lack common sense & obviously lack understanding.

*sigh*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Having just got here.... for the love of Pete just let someone else shoot the damn thing and get past the shooter thing!

Posts: 269 | Registered: August 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tompow:
Having just got here.... for the love of Pete just let someone else shoot the damn thing and get past the shooter thing!

Actually I did just that this morning, didn't help as the gun still shoots the first round high left but thanks for the suggestion.

It seams like you've tried everything and you have three guns with an identical defect. I suggest you send them to SIG and have a gunsmith look at them.

For what its worth I was sincere in my advise and if you take a step back and look at your combative responses you may understand why you received some snarky replies.

I have nothing more to add to this thread. Good luck, I hope you figure out what's going on with your 320s.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post