SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    CZ to announce "P-10" on Thanksgiving
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ to announce "P-10" on Thanksgiving Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
$40 a pop for magazines. Yeah that will be a real Glock killer.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
When any company releases a brand new design, there are often bugs in it, sometimes even resulting in a "second generation" complet redesign. We've seen this a number of times.

Posts: 27956 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tundrav84wd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
When any company releases a brand new design, there are often bugs in it, sometimes even resulting in a "second generation" complet redesign. We've seen this a number of times.

I can't agree with "any". I've had plenty over the years with NO bugs or issues....Sigs, HKs, Glocks (back when I tried to like them). Maybe I'm just lucky,...who knows.

Old School German Sigs,....Quality and Reliability you can consistently depend on, right out of the box.

**Remembering 9/11/2001 Celebrating 5/1/2011**

OPUS DEI CUM PECUNIA ALIENUM EFFICEMUS

Posts: 6417 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
Cracks me up that everbody bitches that no new models come out, then piss all over them when they do. Looks like it could be a good option for some. I can't stand the smoother feel of the new Glock grips, but others love them. Good luck to anybody looking for one. Nice to have options.

Posts: 4334 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Bandit:
Cracks me up that everbody bitches that no new models come out, then piss all over them when they do.
Really? Who is doing that? Who in this thread is "bitching" about "no new models coming out"?

I'm referring to the tease. It's old, been done a million times, and rarely does it ever yield anything worth the interest. I see the same thing in this instance- a polymer frame double stack compact 9x19mm handgun. Gosh, yes, that's exciting and innovative, isn't it? It's not just CZ looking to get their market share. No, it's really, really worthwhile.

Just as with SA, Inc and their "Saint" tease. What was it, after all the hype? Yet another AR15. What's special about that AR? Nothing, unless you're SA, Inc. Same goes with this. CZ is going after their share of the compact pistol market. Dollars into their pocket. That's what it's about and that's all it is about. If you think you're going to see something innovative, I've a feeling you're going to be disappointed.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Looks like a VP9 ... i have a couple of them and still always end up shooting a Glock 19....

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Cracks me up that everbody bitches that no new models come out, then piss all over them when they do.
Really? Who is doing that? Who in this thread is "bitching" about "no new models coming out"?

I'm referring to the tease. It's old, been done a million times, and rarely does it ever yield anything worth the interest. I see the same thing in this instance- a polymer frame double stack compact 9x19mm handgun. Gosh, yes, that's exciting and innovative, isn't it? It's not just CZ looking to get their market share. No, it's really, really worthwhile.

Just as with SA, Inc and their "Saint" tease. What was it, after all the hype? Yet another AR15. What's special about that AR? Nothing, unless you're SA, Inc. Same goes with this. CZ is going after their share of the compact pistol market. Dollars into their pocket. That's what it's about and that's all it is about. If you think you're going to see something innovative, I've a feeling you're going to be disappointed.

See it all too often. Not in this thread but WAY too many. I agree with ya on the Saint. Like you said in another thread, they are so late to the game for a system that everyone is making. Just copying the rest and fall in line. The only benefit I have seen over the years is with new models is different ergos and grip angles having a better fit for some. The increase in options is a good thing. Nothing innovative in my opinion for a little while, but someday maybe...

Posts: 4334 | Location: Erie, Pa, USA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
See it all too often. Not in this thread but WAY too many.
But there's the problem, you see. You're contardicting yourself. Your initial comments suggest the very thing you say you're not doing in this thread, which is being amused at how we act so very foolishly.
Once confronted, you say that's not what you're saying, but it is exactly what you said. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Not in this forum, anyway.

Ever notice how I show up almost immediately after someone makes denigrating comments about member behavior here?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of The Bandit
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
See it all too often. Not in this thread but WAY too many.
But there's the problem, you see. You're contardicting yourself. Your initial comments suggest the very thing you say you're not doing in this thread, which is being amused at how we act so very foolishly.
Once confronted, you say that's not what you're saying, but it is exactly what you said. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. Not in this forum, anyway.

Ever notice how I show up almost immediately after someone makes denigrating comments about member behavior here?
That's not my view. Hopefully you can agree to disagree. I will say I have seen you step in often.

addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
We were trying to figure out what the "P-10" was when we were working out our latest factory order. Our CZ rep was silent about it, so we took a chance and ordered a couple.

Since I'm a striker guy by heart, I would gladly welcome CZ's re-entry into this pistol genotype, particularly if their design guidance was the second gen P-07. It might not be as simple as a Glock but more that likely it won't be as unnecessarily complicated as a VP9. CZ typically builds fundamentally sound designs so as of now I don't see this entry into The Striker Wars as a bad thing.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
That's not a 97 in 10mm.

You'd see a lot of my crap in the classifieds to fund it if that was the case. Cool

+100!!

Posts: 66 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 19, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ninety-nine times out of a hundred, if it's teased by a manufacturer, it's going to be a disappointment.

The one time in a hundred is represented by things like the Glock G43.

The 43 wasnt exactly exciting, late to the party like the 42. Kahr had been doing it for years. Still doing it smaller and lighter.

Posts: 1871 | Registered: June 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ask Glock how many of those uninteresting G43s they've sold.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tjeffhughes:
quote:
Get a Glock.
Ergos...
Birkenstocks...

Subaru Outbacks

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optical Delusion
Picture of BNW
posted Hide Post
Whatever it is you can be certain john q public won't be beta testers.

Posts: 2092 | Location: Maine | Registered: January 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huskerlrrp
posted Hide Post
I'll probably pass, what makes me love the CZ...and the SIG P226 series is the double action/single action and a steel or steel/alloy combination. I've had really good luck with CZs and have been impressed by how well they can shoot (they all need a trigger job IMO but for a hack like me I'm OK with that). It will be interesting if they do anything different with this platform but they have been pretty conservative in the past....so I doubt it.
The gossip on the other forums was that it was based off their P07/P09 platform with some ergonomic improvements on the frame but the main purpose was to get into some LE / Military markets requesting a striker fired platform.

Posts: 1789 | Location: North Cackalacky | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Yeah, he probably will be. He often is. He bitches about it, but in the end he buys the newest toy that comes out, whether it works or not.

quote:
Originally posted by BNW:
Whatever it is you can be certain john q public won't be beta testers.

They have that market covered. But in case you haven't noticed, poly-striker guns have been selling pretty well. If you're selling pistols, you probably want a piece of that market.

quote:
Originally posted by huskerlrrp:
I'll probably pass, what makes me love the CZ...and the SIG P226 series is the double action/single action and a steel or steel/alloy combination. I've had really good luck with CZs and have been impressed by how well they can shoot (they all need a trigger job IMO but for a hack like me I'm OK with that). It will be interesting if they do anything different with this platform but they have been pretty conservative in the past....so I doubt it.
The gossip on the other forums was that it was based off their P07/P09 platform with some ergonomic improvements on the frame but the main purpose was to get into some LE / Military markets requesting a striker fired platform.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It has to be better than their last SF turd the CZ100.

Price better be right though in an extremely competitive market. HK VP9 is on sale for as low as $450 right now.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Can't get a Glock 43 in for nothing! It's still selling like hotcakes.

VP9 is down to $450 for the time being (I already have one). High mag prices kills it for lots of people. Glock factory mags are still affordable. Magpul Glock mags are even cheaper.

I already have two Glock 19s (gen2 and 4) that have been "borrowed" indefinitely (mom and exwife) so I'm planning on another gen4 19 since nothing new or innovative has come out.

I'm not falling into another FNS-9 debacle. I know the Glock will work. I looked at a few different CZs and if I ever get one from CZ it will be a Dan Wesson gun.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The 75 is a fantastic gun the CZ variants on that have been great. I understand (fimancially) why they want to take part of the glock market. But I don't see anything doing that successfully, the same way I don't see the 75 market dying out either

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post