SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    What happened to the P227
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to the P227 Login/Join 
Picture of cokehockey
posted Hide Post
My son just picked up the P227 Tacops and I loved it so much, I got my own. I didn't get the Tacops version, but I did get one with an SRT. The only changes I'll make is probably the grips and maybe a Grayguns trigger, since the Short Reach tends to pinch my finger. They have surprisingly low recoil when compared to shooting a G30. I'm glad they are easy to come by, picked it up for a song.

““My mother always used to say: The older you get, the better you get, unless you’re a banana.” —Betty White

Posts: 102 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: February 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
@ jljones, you didn't derail anything sir. That was a awsome posting ! I understand everything you wrote. I was late to the Sig line of pistols. Factly, they were so light in weight, when I first starting buying pistols, I left them alone in the gun counter and asked to fondle 1911s and big stainless S&W offerings. Nothing hits me harder than when a company discontinues a gun I like. Its happened many times over the years. The P227 is of the most modern Sig pistols I would like to have several of. They'll all be collectors and out of price reach 30 seconds after they can no longer be had. BTW, If I had a real computer jl, I would save your posting. Thanks for some great input. Had you ever fired a P227 ?

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 808
posted Hide Post
Our Pennsylvania State Troopers carry the P227 .

https://www.americanrifleman.o...ext-service-firearm/

Posts: 1231 | Location: Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania | Registered: February 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TexasRaider
posted Hide Post
I've held the P227 next to a .357 Sig P226. If there's a mathematical difference in grip size, you'd never know it in the real world. Personally the hot little .357 is my round of choice, not a big .45 guy, so it didn't light my fire, but it had nothing to do with capacity or quality. And that round is just not the 'fave rave' of the moment, 9mm is, so it suffered.

Personally, if I was to carry a .45, it'd be the P227. Capacity isn't the end all, be all for me (nor does it seem to be for the 1911 cultists), so that's perhaps a non-issue largely. If a guy really want's an alloy, hammer fired .45 in DA/SA, the P227 is likely the best game in town. Heck I still dig shooting my S&W 4506...heavy, slim and only about 8 rounds, but the P227 would give it a heck of run for its money.

I'll eventually get one, just to finish off the collection. But I think market timing is everything and the slowing of .45 sales (again, 1911's notwithstanding), the P227 got blindsided by the 9mm. Someday they'll be harder to find and then all the gun hipsters will be crowing over them. Go figure.

Posts: 801 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: June 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post