SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    UPDATE pg 3 - New Springfield Armory Gun at NRA Show
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE pg 3 - New Springfield Armory Gun at NRA Show Login/Join 
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
It will be so new I bet. Never before seen.

Neva been done befo'. A 'game changer'!

Posts: 571 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This is actually pretty cool.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I'm thankful that I now know where to grip the gun thanks to the grip zone printed on it.

Double/single action WITH a safety. No thanks.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
In their defense they are bucking the trend and a hammer fired DA/SA single stack itty bitty nine is a bit of an anomaly in today's market.

There are a fair number of folks on the interwebz who seem to want to gravitate back to da/as or have been asking for a single stack HK if you will.

I imagine, as I said above, this will appeal to appendix carriers as well as to those folks who want the utmost safety when carrying.

NOTE-all guns come with their own inherent safety risks at some point in their operation. With a DA/SA that comes in the training to remember to decock on holstering. Where DA/SA guns shine IMO is I do feel the heavy DA is a safety feature and since 99.9% of non military and LEO use will be administrative in nature I think DA/SA offeres benefits. Hell most military and LEO use is likely administrative in nature.

This in no way is me saying striker fired pistols are death traps or 1911s cocked and locked are nightmares waiting to happen. I am simply saying they all have their risks in handling at some point in their day to day use and employment as an arm. You need to learn your platform and pick your poison as far as pros/cons go. None is really worse then the other. Options are good.

I am just happy we have slowed the inevitable drive towards the inevitable SWALTHEROCKPG19 striker fired pistol and still have some other options. Not that a good SWATHEROCKPG19 pistol at your side isn't a fantastic option but some us want more then the perfect tool. Smile

.........because we already have plenty SWALTHEROCKPG19s in or collection. Wink Frown

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
still says "grip zone" Roll Eyes

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
I suppose they were right in that it's something that hasn't been done: a subcompact single stack polymer DA/SA gun that can be carried cocked and locked like a CZ75B, or decocked like all the rest. Lighter than a P225-A1 or P239, yet has an additional round of capacity with the extended mag. I suppose classic P-SIG, HK, Beretta and CZ DA/SA fans should at least be interested, if not outright pleased that now they too have a poly single stack to call their own.

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Update its a hammer fired 3.3 inch 9 mm single stack, DA/SA, ambi safety/decock, night sights, of course the "grip zone" 1 inch wide, click the link for more it actually looks good. It also has a LES slide for Low Effort Slide requires 27% less force to move, a good idea as we all know folks that have trouble moving the slide on a semi auto pistol.

Link

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnu7rGkiTl0

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Is it too soon to want a 4" version?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Glad to see somebody making a new DA/SA pistol.

Maybe the current company posing as s&w will be convinced to bring back the 3913 or CS9. Regards 18DAI

While I had my time with Smith 3rd gens, they seemed overly complex with their mechanisms, especially compared to SIG P series.

Maybe a redo with less complexity.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:

No it is not, if it happens I'll be first in line, as long as all my xdm mags fit. Their mags are too damn expensive to have to buy more.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just an ACARS message
with feelings
Picture of qxsoup
posted Hide Post
What does this do that my 239 doesn't?

220/229/228/226/P6/225/XO/SP2022/239

Posts: 3062 | Location: The Queen City (the one in Ohio) | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jaywendland1981:
quote:

No it is not, if it happens I'll be first in line, as long as all my xdm mags fit. Their mags are too damn expensive to have to buy more.

they use XD-s 8 and 9 rounders with different baseplates and spacers.

A double stack version may be intersting if the trigger is smooth and crisp.

TCB all the time...

Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
A version without a manual safety would be great.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
posted Hide Post
quote:
A double stack version may be intersting if the trigger is smooth and crisp.

This is what i was hoping for, I have the xds 4" with a few mags but I carry the xdm 3.8, i cant really tell the difference between carrying either one and I prefer the double stack.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It looks like the safety portion can be disengaged so it's a de-cocker only.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
If I didn't already love my EMP, this would interest me.

One thing that annoys me is the ambi safety. When a gun company won't give me a single sided safety I can't get excited about their product.

I was really hoping this was going to be a double stack EMP. I've been holding off ordering a Wilson EDC X9, but it looks like I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and buy the gun from Wilson that Springfield refuses to make.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
quote:
Originally posted by 18DAI:
Glad to see somebody making a new DA/SA pistol.

Maybe the current company posing as s&w will be convinced to bring back the 3913 or CS9. Regards 18DAI

While I had my time with Smith 3rd gens, they seemed overly complex with their mechanisms, especially compared to SIG P series.

Maybe a redo with less complexity.

What BROKE on 3rd Gen Smith autos? Or are you speaking of the controls? The decocker, did make things busy.

I was one of our Agencies 3rd Gen Armorers and we were like the proverbial "Maytag Repairman".

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
What does this do that my 239 doesn't?

Weigh less and cost 300$ cheaper?

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
So basically, if this thing has a smooth DA, light crisp short reset SA, and is reliable, this thing could be big for sig fans

TCB all the time...

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Seems like a marginally larger DA/SA XD-S9?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15323 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post