SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    UPDATE pg 3 - New Springfield Armory Gun at NRA Show
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE pg 3 - New Springfield Armory Gun at NRA Show Login/Join 
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
Definitely reaching for the AIWB market. I would prefer a single stack P320.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1577 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
It looks terrible.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
What does this do that my 239 doesn't?

Weigh less and cost 300$ cheaper?

With the XDe coming in at 25oz I'm not all that impressed. The Sig is 29oz so for the 4oz penalty I'll take the 239. I've regretted selling mine for a long time and been wanting to get another. If the XDe has a street price in the mid $400's it does come in a lot cheaper but used 239s can be had for under 6 bills.

Posts: 716 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wiskytango
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peanut71:
quote:
Originally posted by mhughes:
quote:
Originally posted by qxsoup:
What does this do that my 239 doesn't?

Weigh less and cost 300$ cheaper?

With the XDe coming in at 25oz I'm not all that impressed. The Sig is 29oz so for the 4oz penalty I'll take the 239. I've regretted selling mine for a long time and been wanting to get another. If the XDe has a street price in the mid $400's it does come in a lot cheaper but used 239s can be had for under 6 bills.

I got my 239 sub $500 private sale. I just don't think Springfield is that innovative and never really do anything to "Change" the game. Springfield is like the KIA of firearms. It works, it's the same as everyone else but late....

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
The Iceman killeth

P226 Elite TB
MK25
P226 Navy
P220 SAS
P229r DAK

Posts: 32 | Location: Fredericksburg, Va | Registered: April 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I'm actually impressed. The DA pull is nice and smooth similar to the 2022. SA is also very nice. Da/SA in a package this size is kinda nice. I might actually get one.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So as for "It looks terrible". What is your benchmark for a nice looking piece of tactical Tupperware?

Walther P99 is kinda sexy I will give you. PPQ is pretty good but less so.
HK P30 is fairly good looking.

And that's pretty much all I got. The rest are all pretty much the same in appearance and largely function.

Not saying you shouldn't want a nice looking gun hell that is most of my draw. Just saying the GREAT majority of tactical Tupperware doesn't exactly stir the soul. I like HKs slide work but it still isn't a nice steel pistol or revolver with nice grips and classic good looks.

As a carry piece this will likely check lots of different folks boxes.
Small
Thin
9mm
Ambi controls
Safer for certain modes of carry
Options for DA or cocked and locked or decock only (from what I've read)
If those slide serrations are as good as the mod 2 they are FANTASTIC.
Fantastic grip. Yeah it looks stupid as all get out with grip zone plastered on it but the reality is the "grip zone" grip is wonderfully ergonomic and does a really good job of gripping your hand and soaking up recoil, at least in the mod 2s.

So barring this being a turd and assuming it lives up to most XD pistols which while not world beaters are still good solid pistols at decent prices, it should do well. It's not gonna set the world on fire but this actually appears to be a fairly well thought out pistol aimed squarely at the AIWB market as well as those who are always clammoring for more active safety on most striker pistols.

Besides only Glock charges extra for the ugly. You get all this added extra ugly for free in the XD pistols and that value you can take to the bank. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I'm actually impressed. The DA pull is nice and smooth similar to the 2022. SA is also very nice. Da/SA in a package this size is kinda nice.

As I read this, I though it would've been awesome of Sig to release a compact single-stack based off of the 2022. This gun actually checks all the boxes that a single-stack 2022 would: DA/SA, polymer frame, hammer fired, LCI.

I'm interested to see how this model from Springfield shakes out.

Posts: 28 | Location: USA | Registered: December 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got the email from Springfield. Looks like a step backward to me.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like it. I will probably end up purchasing one. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
I like it. I will probably end up purchasing one. God Bless Smile

Even after this: Thanks for nothing SA and RRA?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I'm actually impressed that it's not just another striker fired pew pew machine. I think it's interesting and will fill a niche but for me it dosen't do anything my 3953 dosen't do.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hammer fired XDs. XDs are not fun to work on. Expect that will also be true of the XDe. And history suggests that the XDe will need to be worked on.

On the other hand: For carry, a G43 is 18 oz. 7+1 with $9 extension per mag, and with help of a punch and about $35 worth of parts one (even you) can have a 4.5 pound-force trigger that works every time - the same way every time.

For ultimate precision shooting, the capability of tailoring a 1911 (or the like) SA pistol into exactly what an individual wishes can not be matched. . . . but I digress . . .

Mac in Michigan

Posts: 504 | Location: Below the Bridge in Michigan | Registered: July 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P320Mac:
Hammer fired XDs. XDs are not fun to work on. Expect that will also be true of the XDe. And history suggests that the XDe will need to be worked on.

On the other hand: For carry, a G43 is 18 oz. 7+1 with $9 extension per mag, and with help of a punch and about $35 worth of parts one (even you) can have a 4.5 pound-force trigger that works every time - the same way every time.

For ultimate precision shooting, the capability of tailoring a 1911 (or the like) SA pistol into exactly what an individual wishes can not be matched. . . . but I digress . . .

glockers are as boring as thier guns.

The XDe won't be any harder to work on than my CZs and I don't mind modding those at all when I feel the need.

quote:
Always outnumbered, Never out gunned.

Posts: 1339 | Location: Central Missouri | Registered: April 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I'm intrigued. Not in a "I'm gonna run out and buy this as soon as it hits the shelf" intrigued, but intrigued nonetheless. At least it's something different. Does anybody know if the gun has a decocker, or is it safety only like a non-D CZ-75?

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It has a decocker (just push the lever down from the horizontal "Fire" position).

Posts: 38 | Location: South-Central Pennsylvania | Registered: May 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Held one today. My FFL had a "display only" one. It was a first edition that came in a steel tool box with a hammer (I kid you not, the theme being " the hammer is back").
I love it. 9 round capacity, cocked and locked capability which is also a decocker if pressed down, flat , light and around the size of a Walther PPS
M2 (but definitely bigger than a G43 or my FNS 9C.
If it's reliable I think this one is going to change the market dynamic

Posts: 539 | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fulton-722:
It has a decocker (just push the lever down from the horizontal "Fire" position).

Nice. Thanks.

Posts: 8570 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by longjohn:

I think people are giving this pistol far too much credit, especially when the talk drifts towards changing the market.

If anything, it's a step backward.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Held one today. My FFL had a "display only" one. It was a first edition that came in a steel tool box with a hammer (I kid you not, the theme being " the hammer is back").
I love it. 9 round capacity, cocked and locked capability which is also a decocker if pressed down, flat , light and around the size of a Walther PPS
M2 (but definitely bigger than a G43 or my FNS 9C.

Never mind the hammer, it should come with 30 pieces of silver.

Posts: 234 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

I think people are giving this pistol far too much credit, especially when the talk drifts towards changing the market.

If anything, it's a step backward.

A step backward? The only poly DASA single stack? People have lamented the lack of a SIGPro single stack sub compact and Springfield made it.

How many more striker guns do we need?

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post