SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    Detonated my Sig P320c yesterday: Update from ammo vendor in thread, Update 2 listed wrong ammo it’s PPU NATO:
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Detonated my Sig P320c yesterday: Update from ammo vendor in thread, Update 2 listed wrong ammo it’s PPU NATO: Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Has the gun been for the upgrade?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Heard from the vender:

Hi Matt

I have seen the Sig P320 do this with just about every popular type of FMJ target ammo I stock, PMC, Federal American Eagle, Magtech, CCI, Speer Lawman, Prvi Partizan, Winchester, now MEN, and I have seen reports of it doing it with other brands as well.

It is a gun with major engineering flaws that has already been subject to a recall for firing when dropped loaded, and I believe these are examples of a different flaw of firing out of battery and blowing out the back end of the cartridge case, but my experience shows Sig will deflect the blame for the issue and claim it is 'overcharged ammo' even though they know that is not true.

I have seen more problems with the Sig P320 (all of this same nature) in the past 12 months than I have seen with all other guns combined in all 17 years I have been in this busienss. IMO its not a gun worth having and essentially is like hold a 'time bomb' in you hand that continues to repeat this problem like nothing I have ever seen in all my years in this business.

Sig should recall and destroy all the P320s they have ever made but it would probably bankrupt them so I think they will continue to deny fault.

If you like I would buy back the ammo you have left over and refund for what is returned but its not the ammo that caused this, the MEN 9mm ammo has a flawless track record and is manufactured to standard pressure, its not even a +P load, and there is no way the ammo is the guilty party in this case, regardless I will take it back if you do not feel comfortable with it.

Daaaaamnn.... And it's not like SG Ammo is a 'small time' ammunition distributor... And they don't sell guns, so he's got no dog in the fight to needlessly bash the P320...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well just to be argumentative, while he doesn’t sell guns he sells ammo and it is certainly in his best interest for this to be a gun problem and not an ammo problem.

Is this a rampant problem like he claims?

Posts: 7475 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Has the gun been for the upgrade?

It has not Jerry, still a stock 2017 P320C.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Well just to be argumentative, while he doesn’t sell guns he sells ammo and it is certainly in his best interest for this to be a gun problem and not an ammo problem.

Is this a rampant problem like he claims?

We have had claims of firing out of battery on this very Forum.

I tend to always defer to Bruce Gray, his word is gold with me. Not to quote him, because I wouldn’t get it exact, but he stated previously that it could’t Happen on a properly functioning gun, (if I recall correctly).

I’m sure he’ll let us know here when he gets time.

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I never had a problem with this ammo , But my Sig 320 L/E has been boxed up to go back since Oct , I called and still never a word from them , also got the new 320X Carry and the slide does not go into batt all the time , if you pull the trigger it jumps forward .

Posts: 937 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Heard from the vender:

Hi Matt

I have seen the Sig P320 do this with just about every popular type of FMJ target ammo I stock, PMC, Federal American Eagle, Magtech, CCI, Speer Lawman, Prvi Partizan, Winchester, now MEN, and I have seen reports of it doing it with other brands as well.

It is a gun with major engineering flaws that has already been subject to a recall for firing when dropped loaded, and I believe these are examples of a different flaw of firing out of battery and blowing out the back end of the cartridge case, but my experience shows Sig will deflect the blame for the issue and claim it is 'overcharged ammo' even though they know that is not true.

I have seen more problems with the Sig P320 (all of this same nature) in the past 12 months than I have seen with all other guns combined in all 17 years I have been in this busienss. IMO its not a gun worth having and essentially is like hold a 'time bomb' in you hand that continues to repeat this problem like nothing I have ever seen in all my years in this business.

Sig should recall and destroy all the P320s they have ever made but it would probably bankrupt them so I think they will continue to deny fault.

If you like I would buy back the ammo you have left over and refund for what is returned but its not the ammo that caused this, the MEN 9mm ammo has a flawless track record and is manufactured to standard pressure, its not even a +P load, and there is no way the ammo is the guilty party in this case, regardless I will take it back if you do not feel comfortable with it.

Daaaaamnn.... And it's not like SG Ammo is a 'small time' ammunition distributor... And they don't sell guns, so he's got no dog in the fight to needlessly bash the P320...

Furthermore to offer to buy back the remaining ammunition is a good gesture imho.

Really a rather scathing reply.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11145 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I wish they would quit beating around the bush and tells us what he really thinks Smile

Seriously though, and I love SGAmmo, wouldnt there be more rampant web scuttlebut if this was as significant as he says???

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by triaxle:
I never had a problem with this ammo , But my Sig 320 L/E has been boxed up to go back since Oct , I called and still never a word from them , also got the new 320X Carry and the slide does not go into batt all the time , if you pull the trigger it jumps forward .

During live fire, this is not a serious problem, it's a massive, fatal flaw. It's as serious as a heart attack.

*end of theatrical outrage....

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Seriously though, and I love SGAmmo, wouldnt there be more rampant web scuttlebut if this was as significant as he says???

If Sam's seen that many incidents with that many different kinds of ammo, one would think so.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bob RI
posted Hide Post
Not good! I’ve put a bunch of that stuff through a bunch of guns, it’s been great so far.

Posts: 4521 | Registered: January 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pics are on FaceBook if one of my friends there would be so kind to share them here.

I can upload them here if you want me to, bro.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I see your point but I don't think it would be in his (SG Ammo) bests interests (long term) to sell shit ammo - as he's just the middle man, he's not making the ammo so if there was in fact a shit lot, it would be in his best interests to say it was shit and stop selling it.

I've bought from them for heck, 8+ years at least with zero issues of any kind. Which is more than I can say for SIG.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

From last year, a discussion on 320 Kabooms, OOB firing potential, etc.

P320 C KABOOM ***4th Update*** Back to Sig She Goes

so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Here's matthew03's pics of his P320.
Please ignore the watermark on the pics...it's part and parcel with my hosting site. The pics are owned by matthew03, not me.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are there any shots with the case out of the chamber and with the inside of the chamber?

I wonder if one of these rounds just had the bullet slide forward a tad and keep it just a hair out of battery.

In the other thread there was mention of Coated lead bullets. Is this that kind of poly coat ammo?

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it just me or is the case in the last photo PPU ammo? Doesn't look like German MEN 9MM.

But I've had great luck with PPU as well, so it really doesn't mean much to me if it is indeed the case.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Is it just me or is the case in the last photo PPU ammo? Doesn't look like German MEN 9MM.

But I've had great luck with PPU as well, so it really doesn't mean much to me if it is indeed the case.

Good eye that is PPU

You can also see here, that there are several types of ammo mixed in the tray.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
Are there any shots with the case out of the chamber and with the inside of the chamber?

I wonder if one of these rounds just had the bullet slide forward a tad and keep it just a hair out of battery.

In the other thread there was mention of Coated lead bullets. Is this that kind of poly coat ammo?

I left it as is, case is still jammed in chamber.

No these were FMJ.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:

I just verified, that case is marked PPU, the entire rest of this lot is also marked PPU on the case, it all came out of the same Lot 1711 MEM. It’s all marked identically.