SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Ammunition    Factory Blemish ammo help requested

Moderators: LDD, parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Factory Blemish ammo help requested Login/Join 
posted
I am familiar with the term when applied to firearms. I really do not care how my ammo looks as long as it goes bang. Is this something to be considered? I am confused as to the term itself.

Posts: 6388 | Location: MS GULF COAST | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Are you referring to something specific?

If a vendor is selling “blemished” ammunition, it’s probably not unsafe to fire or unusable because the cases are bulged or dented so badly that it won’t chamber. I would expect minor dents (that I’ve never found to be any sort of problem) or discoloration due to tarnish, etc. I wouldn’t want something that was corroded green, but discoloration is fine as well.

And of course the type of ammunition makes a difference as well. If I were purchasing something for precision rifle use I’d be more finicky than if it’s intended for range blasting.

Enlightenment is man’s emergence from his self-imposed nonage [immaturity]. Nonage is the inability to use one’s own understanding without another’s guidance. This nonage is self-imposed if its cause lies not in lack of understanding but in indecision and lack of courage to use one’s own mind without another’s guidance.”
— Immanuel Kant

Posts: 40250 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J387
posted Hide Post
I had to return a case of 357 sig to the manufacturer because the cases had black spots and what looked like rust. CCI paid for return shipping and sent me out a fresh case. It took over a month for the exchange but I wasn’t in much of a rush. I believe most ammunition is warrantied for a year after you purchase it.

Even the Losers Get Lucky Sometimes

Posts: 365 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post