SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times
Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 86
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
NFA wait times Login/Join 
Member
posted Hide Post
Sigh... Local dealer got me again. They misspelled my name on the Form 4, always a good feeling to open your mailbox to an envelope marked ATF as the sender Roll Eyes

Last time they did this is was corrected and I had the stamp in about 10-12 business days. This makes the 3rd Form 4 I've had problems on, 2 by my dealer and a 3rd that a mysterious carrier lost in transit. Only have one more in the works, hopefully it goes smoothly, then I'm done.
 
Posts: 2428 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Picked up my Mask, Sandman-S, and Specwar K yestersday. I couldn't believe the stamps already came back. Just a little over 4 months.

Form 4 with Trust
12/21/15 - submitted
12/31/15 - check cashed
5/10/16 - stamps arrived at my dealer

I need to check and see what date they were actually approved.


___________________________________
No, it's a cardigan... but thanks for noticing
 
Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Dammit, mine should be in any time then.

Submitted 12-11
Check cashed 12-23


___________________________
Not giving a damn since...whenever...
 
Posts: 1682 | Location: Houston,Tx | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
Filed Form 1 SBR AR-15 lower on a Heavy D trust..
Submitted: 01/27/16
Check cashed: 02/01/16
Approved: 05/11/16

This message has been edited. Last edited by: goatboyz,


‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.
 
Posts: 1222 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Efiled a Form 1 SBR AR-15 lower on a Heavy D trust..
Submitted: 01/29/16
Check cashed: 02/02/16
Approved: 05/11/16

Just a shade over 3.5 months....My last Form 1 in 2015 took right at 3 months so not to shabby....
 
Posts: 334 | Registered: July 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
form 4 paper -- trust

mailed 12/12/15
check cashed 12/28/15
approval on stamp dated 5/5/16
LGS received paperwork and notified me on 5/19/16

Surefire SOCOM 7.62 mini 2
 
Posts: 6348 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
form 4 paper -- trust

mailed 12/12/15
check cashed 12/28/15
approval on stamp dated 5/5/16
LGS received paperwork and notified me on 5/19/16

Surefire SOCOM 7.62 mini 2


I was looking at those... what are you going to use it on?





This is where my signature goes.
 
Posts: 1034 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
I was looking at those... what are you going to use it on?

a rifle....

<< rimshot >>.

Immediate use is a 16" barrel AR-15 in 223. This AR receiver is in the final stages of form 1 approval for an SBR, which will be an 11-12" barrel 300 blackout. Being a 30-cal suppressor, it means I can use it for both uppers. Down the road if I pick up another upper (say 6.5 grendel or 6.8 SPC), the 30-cal suppressor works for all -- I just need surefire brakes for quick detach.

I have a 223 Thunderbeast can for my precision long-range ARs -- 18", 20" and 24" barrel rifles. The stainless steel SOCOM can is a bit more burly than the titanium Thunderbeast, and thus I have no issues pushing a lot of rounds through the SOCOM in a short time period, should a competition require this.

I used a mini SOCOM in a two separate multi-day carbine/pistol training courses. There are cans which are both lighter an quieter, but the SOCOM is built like a tank. I do expect a slight downward POI shift with the SOCOM can, something I don't see with my lighter Thunderbeast can.

In the event I buy a .308 (or maybe 6.5 Creedmoor) carbine down the road, this SOCOM can will also work for it.
 
Posts: 6348 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:

a rifle....

<< rimshot >>.


I hate you so much right now... :P

quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
Immediate use is a 16" barrel AR-15 in 223. This AR receiver is in the final stages of form 1 approval for an SBR, which will be an 11-12" barrel 300 blackout. Being a 30-cal suppressor, it means I can use it for both uppers. Down the road if I pick up another upper (say 6.5 grendel or 6.8 SPC), the 30-cal suppressor works for all -- I just need surefire brakes for quick detach.

I have a 223 Thunderbeast can for my precision long-range ARs -- 18", 20" and 24" barrel rifles. The stainless steel SOCOM can is a bit more burly than the titanium Thunderbeast, and thus I have no issues pushing a lot of rounds through the SOCOM in a short time period, should a competition require this.

I used a mini SOCOM in a two separate multi-day carbine/pistol training courses. There are cans which are both lighter an quieter, but the SOCOM is built like a tank. I do expect a slight downward POI shift with the SOCOM can, something I don't see with my lighter Thunderbeast can.

In the event I buy a .308 (or maybe 6.5 Creedmoor) carbine down the road, this SOCOM can will also work for it.


I was considering getting one for a Sig 716 (16" barrel"). Am concerned that it might be too small for a full fledged .308





This is where my signature goes.
 
Posts: 1034 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by creslin:
I was considering getting one for a Sig 716 (16" barrel"). Am concerned that it might be too small for a full fledged .308

There will be quieter cans than the mini. The full sized SOCOM will suppress noise better. But either one is burly. I've seen guys do full auto mag dumps with a the SOCOM mini -- no issues with the can other than it was slightly hot.
 
Posts: 6348 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
slightly


I feel like this is sarcasm.





This is where my signature goes.
 
Posts: 1034 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
WooHoo!!!

Just got the email that my Octane 45 stamp is in!

Timeline:

Purchased from Capitol Armory using Easy Pay: 12.24.2015
Form 4 Mailed/Dated: 12.28.2016
Approved: 5.16.2016
Ready for pickup: 5.28.2016

I'll try to get down there middle of the week and pick it up...

Merry Christmas and a great Memorial Day weekend to me!
 
Posts: 2270 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
My FFL just received stamps back that were filed 10 days before mine. Only a few more days.
Antsy in my pantsy...




NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Scotch: Neat.
 
Posts: 8718 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Another suppressor in.
Form 4 Trust
Mailed 12/16/15
Check cashed 01/06/16
Stamp received 05/18/16.



Not minority enough!
 
Posts: 6451 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Anybody have any recent form 3 approval timeframes?

I've got one that's been in since early March and am wondering if I should get the dealer to inquire about it. I had another form 3 from about a week prior to this one approved in 45 days or so.


________________________________________________________________
Give me liberty or give me death! -Patrick Henry

 
Posts: 797 | Location: Dallas | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I submitted on 1/14/2016, so I figured end of this month or early July.
Dealer now says because of the trust rush changes, ATF is quoting 6 to 10 months!!!?????

Is that possible?
 
Posts: 1264 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of kimberkid
posted Hide Post
A year or two ago I had a couple go over 330 days which is about 11 months ... the exact times are buried somewhere in these 44 pages.

I'm waiting on 2, one on 2/20 and the other on 3/17 ... IIRC

It sucks having your money tied up that long but no sense in getting in a hurry now.


If you really want something you'll find a way ...
... if you don't you'll find an excuse.

I'm really not a "kid" anymore ... but I haven't grown up yet either Wink
 
Posts: 5138 | Registered: January 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I purchased my silencer on Dec 18 2015. Check was cashed by atf on Jan 8, 2016. Form 4 on a trust. It wS approved on may 28, 2016 and my ffl received the form on June 8. So about 5-1/2 months from the buy to receipt of the stamp.
 
Posts: 728 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjames:
WooHoo!!!

Just got the email that my Octane 45 stamp is in!

Timeline:

Purchased from Capitol Armory using Easy Pay: 12.24.2015
Form 4 Mailed/Dated: 12.28.2016
Approved: 5.16.2016
Ready for pickup: 5.28.2016

I'll try to get down there middle of the week and pick it up...

Merry Christmas and a great Memorial Day weekend to me!


Ugh. I bought two cans from them in Early February 2016 and doing Form 4 trust. I was hoping to get the stamps this month but it sounds like it might not be until next month.




NRA Benefactor Life Member
 
Posts: 6906 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Form 4 filed with local dealer for my 2nd SiCo Sparrow...using my Heavy D trust.....

Filed - Jan 5, 2016
Check Cashed - Jan 13, 2016
Stamp Approved - June 1, 2016
Dealer Received Stamp - June 9, 2016
Picked up my Sparrow - June 10, 2016

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigarmsp226,
 
Posts: 2521 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 86 
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Suppressed Weapons    NFA wait times

© SIGforum 2019