SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Essential Edge    The Emerson Thread...
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 97
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Emerson Thread... Login/Join 
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
I might wait a while if I do it. No hurry...And I'm much more reluctant to part with a Karambit or a Commander because I actually do carry them a lot.

Posts: 21838 | Registered: May 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Attention: Special Event in the Twin Cities with Ernest Emerson and Former SEAL Larry Yatch. This is a big deal.

Ernest Emerson Defensive Knife Fighting - Beginner Course

By Sealed Mindset.

October 19 at 9:00am until October 20 at 5:00pm in CDT.

Our introduction to Defensive Knife Fighting, both defensive and offensive, by the famous Ernest Emerson of Emerson Knives - the creator of the #1 Hard Use Knife in the World. This class, which instructs participants in how to survive a deadly attack in extreme close quarters, uses hand-to-hand combat drills with Ernest Emerson to challenge your mind and body to respond successfully when threatened. This is a two-day course for only 30 people.

The topics covered include: universal fighting stance and startle process, footwork and movement, gross motor skill development, instinctual triggers, angling and control of distance, common knife strikes, unarmed and armed defense against an armed attack, etc.

Here's the info link at Facebook. There are already 7 people committed:

https://www.facebook.com/events/197913433723166/

New Hope MN in in the NW quadrant of the Twin Cities area.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Are you one of the 7?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
No...I'll be busy, although I wish I could. Oct. 19th is also the date of the local SigForum Shoot that MRMN50 is hosting...and it's an extremely well done affair...can't make that either.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Czechvar,

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Cost for the two day Class at the Sealed Mindset training site is $450. I would say, given the fact that the instruction will be provided by Ernest Emerson and Larry Yatch themselves...OMG what a great deal. Definitely worth it...

Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
Look what came in the mail!

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I presume that is full tang?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats...Love it...Could you take another pic showing how you use the bracket attached to the sheath? It looks like it might attach to your belt but I've never seen a picture of one attached.
I wonder why they left this model with the sharp end, unlike the Supers...

Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Czechvar:
Congrats...Love it...Could you take another pic showing how you use the bracket attached to the sheath? It looks like it might attach to your belt but I've never seen a picture of one attached.
I wonder why they left this model with the sharp end, unlike the Supers...

Hope those help.

Posts: 2832 | Location: ND | Registered: August 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgtmac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Very nice! I presume that is full tang?

Yes, one piece.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks...Those are the best (And only) pics I've ever seen showing how that latch works. Congrats again...

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Treasure Trove Alert! Ernie located 3 boxes of SPECWAR knives in storage...If interested go to the website now and get on the waitlist. This came up 4 hours ago...And is on their FB page...

http://emersonknives.com/shop/knives/specwar/

quote:
We have found 3 boxes of SPECWAR Blades that had been lost in our move a couple of years back in a recent clean up and shuffle to make room for more machinery one of the guys moving some dusty boxes said, “What are these?” And there they were. Some of the blades were logoed, marked and even sharpened. Some were blanks waiting to be ground. And some of the blades were in the original Hard Chrome coating. I think some of the dates actually go back to 2001. So, we are now re-issuing SPECWAR knives in both Model A (Clip point) and Model B (Chisel ground Tanto). Since we were building new handles we changed them to stand-offs and we made some color variations never before used on the original SPECWAR Models. Of course we have the Basic Black, but in addition we have Afghan Tan, OD Green and a few Dark Woodland Green. I forgot how good they feel in your hand until I picked one up off the assembly table. These knives are awesome.

Do not miss this one of a kind opportunity to own one of these rare, vintage, retro knives. They are as good now, today as they were when I was putting them into the hands of the warriors who were willfully heading into harms way. You too can own a piece of Emerson military history by picking up one of these SPECWAR re-issue knives today. The supply is extremely limited so don’t delay. They won’t last for long.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Attention: Special Event in the Twin Cities with Ernest Emerson and Former SEAL Larry Yatch. This is a big deal.

Ernest Emerson Defensive Knife Fighting - Beginner Course

By Sealed Mindset.

October 19 at 9:00am until October 20 at 5:00pm in CDT.

Our introduction to Defensive Knife Fighting, both defensive and offensive, by the famous Ernest Emerson of Emerson Knives - the creator of the #1 Hard Use Knife in the World. This class, which instructs participants in how to survive a deadly attack in extreme close quarters, uses hand-to-hand combat drills with Ernest Emerson to challenge your mind and body to respond successfully when threatened. This is a two-day course for only 30 people.

The topics covered include: universal fighting stance and startle process, footwork and movement, gross motor skill development, instinctual triggers, angling and control of distance, common knife strikes, unarmed and armed defense against an armed attack, etc.

Here's the info link at Facebook. There are already 7 people committed:

https://www.facebook.com/events/197913433723166/

New Hope MN in in the NW quadrant of the Twin Cities area.

Same time as the Sig Shoot at the Horse and Hunt Club in prior lake. Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
If I had $450 to spare I'd be there too! Smile

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
SgtMac's Fixed Karambit pictures drove me to order Ernie's last Black Fixed Karambit...was going to wait 'til next year, but...Curse you SgtMac! Smile

Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
So you passed on the SPECWARs? They went fast.

NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

No...There's only one out yet. The Stonewashed plain edge Black handle is available, I just had one in my basket.

Did you look at SPECWAR under "Knives"? They have a bunch coming up with Tan, Forrest Green, OD, and Black G10 Grips...They are being prepped now for release.

http://emersonknives.com/produ...gory/knives/specwar/

I called this morning and spoke with the guy I like...He has a good grasp of exactly what is going on. If you want anything get on the wait list.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

No...There's only one out yet. The Stonewashed plain edge Black handle is available, I just had one in my basket.

Did you look at SPECWAR under "Knives"? They have a bunch coming up with Tan, Forrest Green, OD, and Black G10 Grips...They are being prepped now for release.

http://emersonknives.com/produ...gory/knives/specwar/

I called this morning and spoke with the guy I like...He has a good grasp of exactly what is going on. If you want anything get on the wait list.

so - this wait list... you think they are just tallying up how many to make of each type and grip color?

I'd like a forrest green, but the stone wash, plain edge is the blade I want.

seems like if I want one, might be best advised to get the one in stock right now, you think?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NRA Benefactor
Life Member
posted Hide Post
Dread...Just saw your post. I really liked the Forrest Green w/ Black Blade.

I THINK they'll have more, but they also MAY go fast...I don't really know. The guy I spoke with today said they'll be gone fast...so...

Also...If Ernie says his guys found 3 boxes with an unknown total of finished, partially finished, and Blade Blanks...To me he'll sell those and that will be it. I don't think they're counting up what they need to make...

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
OK - I'm in for the same thing - black G10 stonewash clip point.

I think the first step is to admit I have a problem - top drawer of my bureau is now overflowing with "EDC" options...

time to throw out some socks to make room in the next drawer down

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post