SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I have just been informed by my wife...
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I have just been informed by my wife... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Try "Moulin Rouge." Also a good movie musical.

Which convinced me completely that John Leguizamo is very underrated as an actor.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
True story.......about 10 minutes ago, the wife and I were about half way through La La Land when my PS3 DVD player up and died. Too bad the disc has to go back in the morning.

I gatta admit, I've seen better musicals. Lots better.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Snore, snore and snore more loudly, then pass a little wind while snoring. It takes like three minutes to reach that state when watching one of these cinematic escapades.

Posts: 2775 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You never know how things can turn out. A number of years ago, my wife complained that I watched to many violent movies, and suggested quite strongly after one of them that she pick the next one. I said okay, just to see what she came up with. Turns out, she was in the mood for something about history.

She picked "Saving Private Ryan".

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bobofbone:
She picked "Saving Private Ryan".

"Fury" (2014) was particularly good, I thought.

In April 1945, the Allies are making their final push in the European theater. A battle-hardened Army sergeant named Don "Wardaddy" Collier (Brad Pitt), leading a Sherman tank and a five-man crew, undertakes a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Hopelessly outnumbered, outgunned and saddled with an inexperienced soldier (Logan Lerman) in their midst, Wardaddy and his men face overwhelming odds as they move to strike at the heart of Nazi Germany.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard from 4x5?

Did he survive???

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
La La Land was a pretty good movie.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Has anyone heard from 4x5?

Did he survive???

I'm alive and well Big Grin

Actually, my oldest daughter, home from college for the summer, offered to take one for the team and watch it in my place.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Sorry bud, you are SOL... You are now a Ryan Gosling Cukold.

And "She'll make you watch".

It's not that bad a film, though it's not really good.

Popcorn, soda will take the edge off.

And, there is always time to make-out... In front of Ryan Gosling no-less.

Smile

Enjoy!

quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
...that she has rented 'La La Land' for us to watch tonight. I am pleading with you, my Sigforum brothers and sisters...help me!

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Actually, my oldest daughter, home from college for the summer, offered to take one for the team and watch it in my place.

She sounds like a really great daughter. Is her name Eve? If I had a daughter, I'd want her to be just like Eve Baxter.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
To me, not having to watch chick flicks, romcoms, and similar movies (I had already told the last two that I would NOT watch any musicals) was/is one of the really positive things about being single. I pity the poor guys who have to sit through any of those movies, but musicals are just the worst. Even as a little kid, I hated them. I drove my parents nuts when they drug me to "The Sound of Music" when I was 4 or 5. For some reason, I remember my dad and I sitting in the lobby during it. He didn't like musicals either.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post