SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kavanaugh smear attempt – the NYT strikes out
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kavanaugh smear attempt – the NYT strikes out Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
“The New York Times is facing intense backlash after revising its 'bombshell' article describing new sexual assault allegations against Brett Kavanaugh to include the fact that the alleged victim does not remember the apparent assault and had declined to be interviewed about it.

The NYT published its story in the early hours of Sunday morning based on claims made by Max Stier, a former male classmate of Kavanaugh's at Yale.

Two of the newspaper's reporters who have written a book about his college years discovered, from an unnamed official, that Stier reported seeing an apparent assault at a dorm party in the 1980s. He said Kavanaugh had his pants down and that his classmates then pushed his penis into a woman's face.

Both Stier - who has been on the opposing side of legal cases from Kavanaugh before and who worked for Bill Clinton - declined to be interviewed, as did the woman at the heart of his claims.

What's more, her friends told the NYT journalists that she does not even remember the apparent incident.

Those key details however did not make their way into the excerpt of the book that was published online. The newspaper amended the online story later on Sunday, after someone who had seen an advance copy of the book flagged the omission.

By then, Democrats including Kamala Harris, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren had called for Kavanaugh to be impeached, saying the new report fueled the allegations against him…”

https://mol.im/a/7468275

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Goes to the heart of why they didn't want him on SCOTUS -> 2A / Firearms.

That is the reason for the initial and continued smear campaign, as he sees semi-auto rifles as in 'common use'.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
But the leftist media is still pushing this story as gospel. It was on our little local news station this morning. The truth means nothing to them.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The NYT is a giant shit show. It’s been that way since at least the 1930’s when they helped entice many Americans to go work in the Soviet Union during the Great Depression. Read about how that turned out for people: https://www.amazon.com/Forsake...n%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-1

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NYT - Sorry but, not sorry.

This book will hit the shelves, it'll rocket to the top of the NYT best sellers list, fueling a buying impulse from the Left. The authors will have contractual bonus/escalators kick-in, based upon sales and reprints. The authors will hit the speaker circuit further filling their bank accounts.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
If Trump is able to put up another Justice before the election, the scale of the hearings will be unlike anything the country has seen.

We certainly live in interesting times.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Prepping for the fight over RBG's replacement, I guess.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's now almost pointless to call these people insane.

The ones fabricating these lies, pushing these lies, publishing these lies, the ones threatening Justice Kavanaugh with impeachment with these lies, I have a mesage for you.

This is far beyond dishonest, far beyond unethical, far beyond immoral. I don't care what you think of yourself. I don't care which schools you attended or what degrees you possess. I don't care what neighborhood you live in or what kind of car you drive. I don't care who you know and how much power you wield. I don't care what the news media says about you or what adulation you receive from the gullible or unscrupulous among us. None of that matters, because you know that this was a bunch of nothing, and yet you used it to smear a good man and you used it to traumatize his wife and his children so that Justice Kavanaugh would break, fold and resign.

You are nothing but trash. Go ahead, look in the mirror. Admire yourself. Listen to the accolades from others. Go ahead. None of it matters, because you are nothing but human trash- the lowest of the low.

And Taco O'Flynn or whatever silly Goddamned name you're sporting this week- shut your IGNORANT mouth, you posturing, know-nothing wanna-be little SLIME BALL. Choke on your lunch, asshole. Get the fuck out of this world. You are NOTHING but a low-life, conceited little asshole trouble-maker. Calling for the resignation of Justice Kavanaugh over unsubstantiated allegations! You sack of filth! Mad
Justice Kavanaugh is a brilliant man who has devoted his life to the rule of law and has ascended to the highest court in the nation. What have you done, little boy, except think yourself to be Bobby Kennedy just because you bear a passing resemblance? You're not worthy to lick the dirt off the bottom of Justice Kavanagh's shoes, you fucking fraud.

And while we're on the subject, come on, slim. Put your money where your fat fucking mouth is. Haul you narrow ass down here and take our firearms. Come on, Mister Big Shit. This is your moment in the sun, son. Nut up and do your best, little boy. Before, you were just annoying, but now, you done fucked up, A-Aron. What's his name- Buttclick or whatever that other loser's nname is- he was right when he said that that soundbite of you at the last debate, saying that you're going to take our guns will be played for years and years at rallies for the Second Amendment, at NRA fundraisers, all over where those who care about our rights still dwell. But, when you heard that he said this, you just laughed it off, didn't you, because you're just like that pinheaded cocktail waitress who thinks she knows everything. You, just like she, will never admit that you're wrong,

The Second Amendment isn't about hunting or about forming a state-sponsored militia. The Second Amendment was created with smarmy fucking litte tyrannical ASSHOLES like you in mind. You're not taking dick fuck, little man. Try it. You bring it, we'll sling it and it'll be a party to remember.

Piece of fucking shit. I am so fed up with leftists and their lying bullshit, wiping their ass with the Constitution and spitting on due process. I'm so pissed off right now, I could pick up this keyboard and eat it.

I was so fucking furious when I heard that the leftist scum had once again tried to pull this shit, I couldn't even speak. The wife walked into the room and asked me what was wrong, I just had to shake my head. When you manage to anger me so badly that I can no longer find words, you've really accomplished something. I got so angry that even now that their fucking slimy crap has ONCE AGAIN been exposed as nothing but LIES AND SMEARS, I'm still pissed off.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“President Donald Trump seized on the New York Times having to walk back a key element of its weekend Brett Kavanaugh story, saying Monday the Supreme Court Justice is the one being 'assaulted' and should sue for relief.

'Just Out: “Kavanaugh accuser doesn’t recall incident.” @foxandfriends,' Trump wrote, tagging his favorite morning cable TV program. 'DO YOU BELIEVE WHAT THESE HORRIBLE PEOPLE WILL DO OR SAY. They are looking to destroy, and influence his opinions - but played the game badly. They should be sued!' …”

https://mol.im/a/7469209

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Maybe, just maybe, if the DOJ did its job people would be less inclined to continue to lie about this. After the hearings last year Senator Grassley made some criminal referrals to the DOJ (about 6-8 I think) for people who either lied to congressional investigators or to the FBI during the investigation. One guy even ADMITTED he made up the story when questioned!! This wasn’t Joe Shmoe lying to his wife, this was a pretty important investigation and trying to derail it by lying to the investigators should bring consequences. But like all referrals that are sent in by a republican nothing was done. When there are no consequences people will continue to do whatever they please. This is particularly true of the left as there is nothing that they can say, do, or write that they will ever be held accountable for. The law just does not apply to them.

The Department of INjustice has a motto, “We don’t prosecute the left, we protect them”.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
President Trump is 100% correct when he calls these outlets like the NYT "the enemy of the American people" and "fake news" and I hope he keeps calling them out because it drives them nuts.

Posts: 33810 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
at what point in time can criminal charges be leveled?

slander, defamation of character, what else?

are none of these against the law any longer?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53183 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
are none of these against the law any longer?

Only if you are a conservative or connected to Trump in any way. Besides these are "journalists", they can write or say anything. All they need to do is make sure they mention it came from an "anonymous source" and BOOM! Totally legit. "Can't sue me, eyes got muh first amendment! I'm a journalist!"

posted Hide Post
Is it not possible to sue the bejesus out of people stating or printing falsehoods, get the shit storm started & then claim they cannot recall the event in the first place!! No apologies or retractions!

Someone needs a good old fashioned ass whuppin’

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"The New York Times, a former newspaper..." as Andrew Klavan always says before ever talking about them. And that's exactly accurate.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And, yes, Justice Kavanaugh should sue the shit out of this low-life scum. He should be like a scythe in a wheatfield.

No quarter. No settling out of court. No apologies accepted. Hit these maggots with the only thing they seem to undertsand.

Do you know, a while back, someone said in the forum that these leftists crooks would pull the same shameful shit they did with Kavanaugh, with the next SCOTUS nominee, and I actually gave these worms the benefit of the doubt and said that after their failure at the Kavanaugh hearings, that they had learned their lesson?

Well, it's apparent now that they are incapable of learning. They are obsessed with regaining or, at the very least, not losing any more power. Their actions are indicative of a group that is indescribably desperate. They will stop at nothing. Nothing.

There's no shame in them. There's no humility in them. No sense of fair play, no committement to the rule of law and due process. They are amoral filth, completely lacking in decency or scruples, plain and simple. I refuse to any longer recognize them as Americans.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Who is trying to influence elections? One of the biggest is the US media

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Max Stier, one of the witnesses who also happens to be Bill Clinton's former lawyer....

"Here’s Just How Much Of A Dumpster Fire That New Kavanaugh Hit Piece Is

https://www.redstate.com/bonch...kavanaugh-hit-piece/

posted Hide Post
quote:
The reporters, who describe Democrats in glowing terms and Republicans otherwise, say that Stier is a “respected thought leader” in the defense of the federal bureaucracy. They don’t mention his history of working for the Clintons.

Roll Eyes At this point, it's par for the course when it comes to any political publication from the Left. Throw anything and everything against the wall, something is bound to stick. Sources, we don't need sources, we just need quotes, any quotes...anything to for our friends.

Posts: 14655 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
And since this bitch "was there", she thinks she knows something, and is getting slapped down hard.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post