SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kavanaugh smear attempt – the NYT strikes out
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kavanaugh smear attempt – the NYT strikes out Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Sen Chuck Grassley:

.@NYTimes did not contacted Sen. Grassley’s office for this story. If they had, we would've reminded them of a few key public facts they omitted:

1. @senjudiciary staff proactively contacted Ms. Ramirez' lawyers soon after the New Yorker story broke.

2. Despite 7 attempts by staff, Ms. Ramirez' lawyers declined to provide documentary evidence referenced in the article/witness accounts to support the claims. They also declined invitations for Ms. Ramirez to speak with committee investigators or to provide a written statement.

3. Nonetheless, our investigators spoke to and reviewed material from several Yale classmates of Ms. Ramirez and Justice Kavanaugh in order to assess the claim. You can read the committee’s 414-page investigative summary

4. The committee's review found no verifiable evidence to support the claims. The @nytimes' own reporting at the time noted that it couldn't find anyone with firsthand knowledge & that Ms. Ramirez told friends she couldn’t be sure Kavanaugh was involved

5. Ultimately, Ms. Ramirez’ team agreed only to contact the FBI with the claims. She was reportedly interviewed by the FBI during its supplemental background investigation.

Posts: 19598 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I've been saying all along that the Democrats were only warming up with Kavanaugh and if Trump gets to pick a replacement for RBG like an Amy Coney Barrett, they are going to go straight-up insane.

You will see misogyny of the likes you've never seen coming from these people. Eek

Posts: 33845 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
You will see misogyny of the likes you've never seen coming from these people.

Their heads will explode when they cannot play that card on Judge Amy Barrett. I cannot wait for the reactions. I really can't. She is in her low 40's and will be on the court for a VERY long time if she gets in.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15611 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would imagine you saw their wondrous TV ad detailing how they nobly and fearlessly exposed the separation of children from parents at the border.
That blurb gagged me long before this shameful event hit the "news".

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16110 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Well, according to Howard Dean the SC isn't a lifetime appointment. Apparently you can rotate them to other benches...hmmmm...maybe Trump can test this, starting with RGB. Rotate her to a nice slow post on some district court out in Arizona or something, you know, where the air is better for her health. Rotate a nice conservative back in to replace her.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
This was a mere pimple on a gnat's ass .

A Culex carbuncle?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15907 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Max Stier is CEO of a nonprofit:

Partnership for Public Service

A spokesperson for the Partnership for Public Service told Newsweek Stier "has no comment at this time."

Pogrebin and Kelly had also reported that he had been unwilling to discuss the allegation publicly. However, they said they were able to corroborate the story with "two officials" who have communicated with him.

https://www.newsweek.com/max-s...e-university-1459373

Posts: 19598 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Indeed, she should know a thing or two about proper staffing...

She spent a lot of time on Willie Brown's staff, in multiple positions....

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
And since this bitch "was there", she thinks she knows something, and is getting slapped down hard.

Absolutely excellent!

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Democrats ignore Kavanaugh story correction after demanding impeachment

No shame, no desire to acknowledge facts, no respect for the Constitution or the rule of law or due process. These people are not Americans.

I'm so angry right now, I can't even adequately express it. Enough is Goddamned well enough. This is the final straw. I pray that all decent Americans see what is happening and see what these shameless people are made of.

Posts: 107685 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, I think that I am just about ready for the Left wing maggots to get violent!!! It will reveal a real taste of the right wing power and pent up anger.

Posts: 6628 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
She spent a lot of time on Willie Brown's staff, in multiple positions....

I'm thinking the two she is most familiar with involve being on her knees and back

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
..no respect for the Constitution or the rule of law or due process.

Leftists respect one thing, and one thing only. POWER. Nothing else. I haven't considered them Americans in a long while honestly. To me what they are is very simple. My enemy.

Leftists don't pursue careers in government or law to uphold sacrosanct principles or to serve their fellow citizens. They pursue these positions purely for the power they provide, power these positions hold over other human beings.

And where is Chief "Just-Us" Roberts? Every time Trump makes a disparaging comment about the judiciary there he is, scolding Trump and defending the judges. What about this? Kavanaugh is no longer just an appointee, he is a fully confirmed member of the Supreme Court of The United States. One who is being attacked mercilessly and without cause, one who is being called "illegitimate" with factually incorrect information. All for political purposes. Why isn't Roberts defending his justice, defending the the legitimacy of his bench like he does when Trump makes a comment?

We know why. Roberts isn't a justice, he is a politician.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
they are going to go straight-up insane.

they already ARE insane; the obvious issue is whether they can be more effective at their 'madness card'. The answer is no they can't.
They can grow ever more incoherent & break the final standards for 'red flag laws' to kick in for fulminating zit brain fever politicians to be hauled off to the actual hard-walled facility for involuntary housing services.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Anything to get their way. Anything to get a smidge more power.
This is how they will operate on our soil until they are eradicated. They will overplay this shit really soon and when they finally push the American people far enough they will get one hell of a history lesson on why you DON'T FUCK WITH FREE MEN WHO OWN ALL THE GUNS.

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Hollywood is dead, rock is dead, the old democrat party is dead, and it is quite obvious the media for the most part is dead. RIP morons.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
quote:
they are going to go straight-up insane.

they already ARE insane; the obvious issue is whether they can be more effective at their 'madness card'. The answer is no they can't.
They can grow ever more incoherent & break the final standards for 'red flag laws' to kick in for fulminating zit brain fever politicians to be hauled off to the actual hard-walled facility for involuntary housing services.

They are not insane. It's no longer a mental disorder. They are the definition of evil. A disorder is treatable, even curable sometimes. Evil cannot be cure. It cannot be reasoned with. It must be crushed.

Q

Posts: 26446 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
The real story not being told is that Ruth Bader Ginsberg exposed herself to Keith Richards once . He hasn't been right ever since.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:

^^^WORD^^^

And another thing, I'm ready for the details of the congressional slush fund to be made public. how do we go about getting access to that?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
quote:

^^^WORD^^^

And another thing, I'm ready for the details of the congressional slush fund to be made public. how do we go about getting access to that?

It is way past time that We The People learn the names of the 350 or so congress-critter's that stole $17 MILLIONS DOLLARS of tax-payer money to pay off and silence those that they raped, sexually assaulted and sexually harassed.

$17,000,000.00

Posts: 3491 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
For the older members, was the country ever as polarized over politics in the past? Were the commies this shameless?

Posts: 9978 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post