SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ohio State places Urban Meyer on administrative leave
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ohio State places Urban Meyer on administrative leave Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Perhaps this will clarify the issue. From another news source:

The contract says Meyer must promptly report to Ohio State's Title IX Coordinator for Athletics any known violations of Ohio State's Sexual Misconduct Policy (including but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty or staff).

IMHO the contract language appears very clear as to his responsibilities.

Posts: 17238 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Just watching an interview on local news where she said she sent pics of her injuries to her parents and friends and everyone told her not to go to the police. I'm calling bullshit on that one. Raise your hand if you would whip someone's ass if they laid a hand on your daughter.

For those of you that haven't seen the video here it is. Maybe the money was too good that even the parents couldn't walk away.

https://abc6onyourside.com/new...-violence-speaks-out

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
That is a weird video, and I agree with Krazeehorse-- calling bullshit on it. Friends and family see photos of you beaten up and their advice is "Don't call the police." WTF???

But this is exactly why we need the rule of law-- courts, trials-- to sort out such things. Anger, hysteria, the mob yelling "Fire him!" is not the way to do it.

I have no love for Meyer, and I don't know anything at all about this guy Smith. So don't confuse this with a defense of them.

All a woman needs to do these days is make a charge against a man, and that poor son of a bitch is toast. Instantly. End of story.

That needs to stop.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:....Friends and family see photos of you beaten up and their advice is "Don't call the police." WTF???....

I spent quite a few years working in and around the DV courts in Broward/South Florida. Representing both victims and defendants. This is very common. Nothing weird about it.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
Just keep in mind we have different standards of proof. If a football player crosses the goal line with the ball, we pretty much accept the idea he's scored. Same with round ball, when the giant 7' black guy stuffs the ball through the hoop, we accept the 2 points. We call that proof.

But here we have the unsubstantiated allegation from a spouse that her husband was beating her. OK, but no chance to hear from him what she was doing to egg him on. Usually in domestic situations, there is plenty of fault to spread around. But none goes out to a coworker without a lot of Proof, not PC bullshit.

If any of us should be fired for the actions or accused actions of someone we worked with. This is a political correctness exercise. If you might have known, you're guilty. And why hasn't Meyers wife/professor been laid off, too. She's an Ohio State professional. Her ass should be nailed to the wall, too. The lack of cries for this action makes it clear the PC attack is targeted. They want Urban Meyers ass.

Remember an aggrieved spouse has never lied. No standard of proof is needed, just her saying so is enough to hang the blame on any of her husbands co-workers. Forever.

This is why it is critically important to confront and cross examine accusers and witnesses, to test their observations, ability to describe what they claim to have witnessed, uncover any bias which might impact their perceptions.

It seems cruel to confront the victim sometimes, but there are ways to do it, and it must be done to get a fair assessment of truth.

This is the trouble with all of these mating ritual issues. The female’s claim is accepted with little or no testing or corroborationor external evidence, which is often lacking anyway.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Perhaps this will clarify the issue. From another news source:

The contract says Meyer must promptly report to Ohio State's Title IX Coordinator for Athletics any known violations of Ohio State's Sexual Misconduct Policy (including but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty or staff).

IMHO the contract language appears very clear as to his responsibilities.

I thought this was all a witch hunt, until I read that. If he agree to comply with the policy as a matter of his contract, I have no sympathy. His choice.

Setting aside what Meyer actually knew, or what was actually going on, which are still open questions.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I thought this was all a witch hunt, until I read that. If he agree to comply with the policy as a matter of his contract, I have no sympathy. His choice.

Setting aside what Meyer actually knew, or what was actually going on, which are still open questions.

What is “known?”

You go to their home and as you arrive, he is beating her up.

Your wife tells you another wife told her he beats her when he drinks.

Another coach tells you he overheard him telling a trainer he hurt his hand in a fight with his wife when she bit him on the hand.

You find divorce court papers on his desk from wife’s lawyer containing allegations of fighting.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:....

What is “known?”....

I believe that was Joe Paterno's* same question.

(not to be construed as comparing sexual assault to DV)

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
“Unless you were in the room, you don’t know what really happened.” Robert O'Neill

posted Hide Post

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

What is “known?”

You go to their home and as you arrive, he is beating her up.

Your wife tells you another wife told her he beats her when he drinks.

Another coach tells you he overheard him telling a trainer he hurt his hand in a fight with his wife when she bit him on the hand.

You find divorce court papers on his desk from wife’s lawyer containing allegations of fighting.

I agree, what he knew is still an open question.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:....Friends and family see photos of you beaten up and their advice is "Don't call the police." WTF???....

I spent quite a few years working in and around the DV courts in Broward/South Florida. Representing both victims and defendants. This is very common. Nothing weird about it.

Don't call the police and stay with the guy?? Dad's actually give that advice to their daughters with regularity?

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:...
Don't call the police and stay with the guy?? Dad's actually give that advice to their daughters with regularity?

Most people have no idea what "that world" is like. I have stories that only a few of you on this forum would believe, most would think I was just making them up.

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
What ever happened to being a good person and doing the right thing.

These head coaches aren't employers they are king makers. They can set an assistant coach's career on the path to being a highly paid assistant or head coach either way they can make millions.

If he knew in 2009 and did nothing then he is reaping what he sowed. He could have done a number of things, laid down a zero tolerance for a repeat offense, required counseling by a professional, if substance abuse was involved required sobriety etc.....

Urban has a win at all costs mentality. Florida enjoyed the success he had there.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dad's actually give that advice to their daughters with regularity?

Sorry, I don't believe that. Unless there is some totally different breed of dad out there than the kind I know, I'm not buying it.

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:...

Most people have no idea what "that world" is like. I have stories that only a few of you on this forum would believe, most would think I was just making them up.

Similar experiences. No one believed what I posted on Pg2, no way they'd believe what crazy stuff really happens out there.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I believe what you say about being a mandatory reporter. If Meyer signed such a contract, his goose is cooked.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
quote:
quote:

In my practice I deal regularly with people who are in these situations, and they do all sorts of things that don't make sense to you and me. In some ways, I have given up trying to understand the "why" of it.

Don't doubt that it happens though, and that you have never heard of it is a poor reason to disbelieve. These aren't the sorts of things people go around discussing freely.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Meyer’s statement.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post