SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Biscuits n gravey...
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Biscuits n gravey... Login/Join 
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
we make it for supper all of the time!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
My daughter can lay down some good biscuits and sausage gravy and I do enjoy it a great deal when she makes it when we are all up at the lake in the summers. But given the choice on a menu I will go with a good chicken fried steak on top a bed of properly cooked hash browns smothered in good country gravy every time.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A Hearty Breakfast indeed!

Heavy on the cast iron made sausage gravy over a pair of split country biscuits. Side of scrambled eggs and a few chunks of cantaloupe. Washed down with a 30oz big mug of fresh ground and brewed coffee. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
That looks really good, bald1.

I need to go to Publix and get the fixings so I can try my hand at my first attempt this weekend.

I had a blood draw for lab work yesterday. Will additional cholesterol that I plan to ingest this weekend show up retroactively? Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You 2 need to take your Centrum Silver after eating this for a complete and balanced breakfast.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Would it be remotely possible for the OP to edit his thread title? It's driving me a bit nuts

It's spelled biscuits, not bisquits. pronounced bis-kits, not bis-quits.

Thanking you in advance Wink

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by phil in indy:
yeah sometimes I'll fry up a couple of eggs and throw them on top of the biscuits and gravy. damn thats good.

sounds like a country version of Eggs Benedict,

maybe add a slice if country ham in there ,,

yum

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would it be remotely possible for the OP to edit his thread title? It's driving me a bit nuts

I'm surprised you weren't nuts over Gravey vs Gravy, its not Gravey....

Posts: 23450 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

You got's to have the right gravey to ensure your bizkits ain't limp!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:

I fixed 'em all.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:

Aint doin it. I just aint doin it.. Big Grin

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Sausage gravy over a bialy probably won't work as well.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
A Hearty Breakfast indeed!

Heavy on the cast iron made sausage gravy over a pair of split country biscuits. Side of scrambled eggs and a few chunks of cantaloupe. Washed down with a 30oz big mug of fresh ground and brewed coffee. Big Grin

If I ate all of that(and I would).....minus the cantaloupe, I would for sure have to take a nap and dream about it!!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Never heard of a bialy--had to look it up.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/2070031874/p/1

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/2070031874/p/1

Damn! My skills are usually MUCH better than this. I composed a reply here about the fact that we had a thread about these recently but then I couldn't find it so I discarded it. Roll Eyes Eek

On another note perhaps David Lee has some wavey in his gravey which is why he spelled it as such. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are some very good souls out there
Yes, there certainly are.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

posted Hide Post
Had my mind blown last weekend.

Have a tin shack in Old Bisbee, AZ. There's a bar there where at night is hard funk, rock, punk, you name it -- intense music in an intense building in an intense town.

The entire menu is off the chart. Get the BLT with meatloaf.

They make everything from scratch. Each order. So it takes a while. Be ready to wait. But it's worth it.

We go Sunday mornings, I get the Eggs Benedict for which the sauce is just made for that sauce. Last weekend my wife got the biscuits and gravy and I swear my mind almost exploded. It was truly extraordinary.

If any can get to or ever goes to Bisbee, get food at The Quarry. Order a drink. You'll have a long wait.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs

Posts: 108 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I always prefer decent biscuits & sausage gravy. Sometimes in my travels that is oddly missing, and I turn to replacement, such as 'corned beef hash'.

Certainly not the same thing, but a good one serves much the same purpose. Almost.

It's getting hard to find an actual 'home-made' corned beef hash these days, out in the commercial wilderness when long days & lotsa miles lay ahead.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post