SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia members, please remember to get up half an hour early tomorrow and vote. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I just re-joined, as I had let my membership expire as well, and donated to both VCDL and VCDL-PAC as well.

Posts: 944 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: February 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Two more for VCDL today.

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toano, Va.  | Registered: January 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
scary article

punch line:

Among native-born Americans, Trump won 49 percent to Clinton’s 45 percent, according to exit polling data

Among foreign-born residents, Clinton dominated against Trump, garnering 64 percent of the immigrant population’s vote compared to Trump’s mere 31 percent.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-virginia-democrats/

A “tidal wave” of mass immigration has “tilt(ed) the field toward the Democrats” in the state of Virginia, the New York Times admits.

Virginia’s foreign-born population has boomed over the last few decades. In 1990, Virginia was home to less than 312,000 foreign-born residents. Today, there are close to 1.1 million, almost four times what the population was three decades before.

In 2019, 1-in-10 Virginia residents are foreign-born. In 1990, only about 1-in-28 residents were born outside the U.S.

Under current legal immigration levels, the U.S. is on track to import about 15 million new foreign-born voters in the next two decades. Those 15 million new foreign-born voters include about eight million who will arrive in the country through chain migration, whereby newly naturalized citizens can bring an unlimited number of foreign relatives to the country.

Ronald Brownstein, senior editor for the Atlantic, noted this year that nearly 90 percent of House congressional districts with a foreign-born population above the national average were won by Democrats. This means that every congressional district with a foreign-born population exceeding roughly 14 percent had a 90 percent chance of being controlled by Democrats and only a ten percent chance of electing a Republican

The impact of legal immigration levels was evident in the 2016 election despite President Trump’s victory over Hillary Clinton. Among native-born Americans, Trump won 49 percent to Clinton’s 45 percent, according to exit polling data. Among foreign-born residents, Clinton dominated against Trump, garnering 64 percent of the immigrant population’s vote compared to Trump’s mere 31 percent.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
scary article

punch line:

Among native-born Americans, Trump won 49 percent to Clinton’s 45 percent, according to exit polling data

Among foreign-born residents, Clinton dominated against Trump, garnering 64 percent of the immigrant population’s vote compared to Trump’s mere 31 percent.

You found the 'foreign intervention' in the 2016 election that the media/dems have been crying about for 3 years!!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greetings all,
My name is Bob Sadtler, and I am a lobbyist (and acting PAC Chairman) for VCDL. I want to thank everyone for the kind words about VCDL, and THANK YOU to all who joined, rejoined, and/or contributed!

The question is, what do we do now? The answer is 2A sanctuaries. That will need boots on the ground at the county and town level. VCDL HAS A PLAN! If you are not already subscribed to our email system, Va-Alert, sign up. We will be putting out a call for volunteers to press local officeholders to enact sanctuary resolutions. VCDL will provide guidance and materials, but politicians need to hear it from CONSTITUENTS. Those of you who live in Va, watch Va-Alert, and be ready to step up. It will take all of us to make this happen!

Thank you for the kind words, the new members, the contributions, and those of you not in Va, for the sympathies. And thank you Dan, for telling me about these fine folks!

VCDL will NOT BACK DOWN!

Posts: 1 | Location: Richmond, Va | Registered: November 10, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Welcome, Bob! Glad you came to visit; we can use your help.

Here's a pair of links for more VCDL information:

Main site: vcdl.org
Va-Alert: click here.

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Sadtler:
Greetings all,
My name is Bob Sadtler, and I am a lobbyist (and acting PAC Chairman) for VCDL. I want to thank everyone for the kind words about VCDL, and THANK YOU to all who joined, rejoined, and/or contributed!

Welcome to SigForum! My family moved to VA last year and I signed up for VCDL when vthoky posted about them here. I have been very happy with the leadership, information and support for gunowners by the VCDL and anytime the subject of guns comes up with friends, neighbors or co-workers I tell them to join if they are not already members.

Thanks for all you are doing to lead this fight!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
scary article

In 2019, 1-in-10 Virginia residents are foreign-born. In 1990, only about 1-in-28 residents were born outside the U.S.

Between legal and illegal immigration we can not win. Lots of members here poke fun at Europe, but we are not far behind.

Posts: 9963 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
The question is, what do we do now? The answer is 2A sanctuaries.

Good evening, Bob. Please tell me if I'm understanding incorrectly, but would "sanctuaries at the town/county level" mean that some towns and counties are "friendly" while others aren't? Would that lead to a mishmash of laws (and potentially, traps) to keep up with?

In addition to sanctuaries, is there a way we can get ahead of the proposed legislation? Beat it down before it takes hold, so to speak?

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:

Good evening, Bob. Please tell me if I'm understanding incorrectly, but would "sanctuaries at the town/county level" mean that some towns and counties are "friendly" while others aren't? Would that lead to a mishmash of laws (and potentially, traps) to keep up with?

In addition to sanctuaries, is there a way we can get ahead of the proposed legislation? Beat it down before it takes hold, so to speak?

Va passed legislation years ago that states that any gun legislation applies to the entire state, not just a locality,

that way Petersburg could not enact one law, Richmond something completely different, and Hopewell a 3rd

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10421 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
quote:

Va passed legislation years ago that states that any gun legislation applies to the entire state, not just a locality,

that way Petersburg could not enact one law, Richmond something completely different, and Hopewell a 3rd

Yeah, but that is in regards to localities passing stricter laws. The way I see it, towns that don't want to enforce draconian legislation aren't putting any undue burden on its citizens. At least, that's how I see it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, Bob. I've been a member of the VCDL for long time. I'm willing to do what it takes...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
Yes, and one of the things the governor has promised is an end to that law (preemption)

Welcome to sigforum Bob. I am also a VCDL member. Prince William county just elected a democrat to the commonwealth’s attorney and a 5-3 on the board of supervisors (to which the prince William county police report). We still have sheriff Hill, but the PWCSO does little more than provide bailiffs at the Court house and direct traffic at churches and funerals. There is little chance prince William becomes a sanctuary. In fact, along with Fairfax, Loudoun, and Arlington, it’s likely to lead the way in prosecuting legal gun owners

quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
quote:
quote:

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Good to have you here Bob. You’ll be amazed at the depth of knowledge and amount of support you’ll find here. I’m a member of the VCDL and I’ve been encouraging everyone I know to join.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I was a member once, I registered at a gunshow. The very next month I got a renewal letter asking me to renew.
I emailed them and stated I had just signed up, I had 11 months to go.
No, I signed up on the 12th month, now the new VCDL 'fiscal' year had started and I have to sign up / pay again.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for reaching out, Bob. I will be on the lookout for alerts. I will be glad to volunteer a few hours at the Chantilly gun show manning the table.

I do have a lot of questions:

Is VCDL in a teaming arrangement with NRA? Conceptually, if I have it right, the Virginia Militia dates back to 1607(?) If I have it right, the "militia" in our Constitution mirrors the US Constitution with the militia consisting of us, the citizens of Virginia. Are these legal angles for us to attack these draconian proposed laws?

It would seem to me that the courts (if sane) are where to bog things down. Just ask the leftist progs - they've made an art of that tactic.

Sorry to all if this is thread drift.

Posts: 548 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Greetings all,

The question is, what do we do now? The answer is 2A sanctuaries. That will need boots on the ground at the county and town level. VCDL HAS A PLAN! If you are not already subscribed to our email system, Va-Alert, sign up. We will be putting out a call for volunteers to press local officeholders to enact sanctuary resolutions. VCDL will provide guidance and materials, but politicians need to hear it from CONSTITUENTS. Those of you who live in Va, watch Va-Alert, and be ready to step up. It will take all of us to make this happen!

Thank you for the kind words, the new members, the contributions, and those of you not in Va, for the sympathies. And thank you Dan, for telling me about these fine folks!

VCDL will NOT BACK DOWN!

Bob, has the VCDL thought about teaming up with civic organizations like the VFW, American Legion to fight some of this? I was thinking about Veterans Day and how it would feel to be told you could not be trusted with a copy of the gun you had used to protect America's freedom.

Posts: 621 | Location: northern VA. | Registered: August 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
I was a member once, I registered at a gunshow. The very next month I got a renewal letter asking me to renew.
I emailed them and stated I had just signed up, I had 11 months to go.
No, I signed up on the 12th month, now the new VCDL 'fiscal' year had started and I have to sign up / pay again.

If it would help make you an active member, I'll cover your next year's membership fee. Email me with your information, and I'll get it to Mr. Sadtler.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for more input from Mr. Sadtler. To be fair, and according to the latest VA-ALERT page, he's getting literally hundreds of emails and contacts each day.

Let's be patient and diligent....

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
Im in NC but donated $100. Hopefully they can leverage the $ to good effect.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post