SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just tried to stomach a bit of the Sunday talking heads. Shrill doesn't even begin to describe them. I could only take about 10 minutes of "poor Andy McCabe, treated so bad". It did make me reflect on how much President Trump has accomplished facing so much resistance. Remarkable, nobody but DJT could do it. MAGA.

Posts: 7552 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Just tried to stomach a bit of the Sunday talking heads. Shrill doesn't even begin to describe them. I could only take about 10 minutes of "poor Andy McCabe, treated so bad". It did make me reflect on how much President Trump has accomplished facing so much resistance. Remarkable, nobody but DJT could do it. MAGA.

Glad i slept in this morning.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I heard some senator has offered McCabe a job as a election lawyer or something so he can complete his service tenure and get his cushy pension from the tax payers.

It's not even a thought to them who's money they are throwing around. Of course it's been like that a long long time.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The comments are hilarious....all of a sudden everyone on the left respects and trusts the military. "He was a 4 Star so we should listen to him".

There is definitely a concerted attack by the establishment against Trump. I don't think it is going to end up the way they are hoping.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
^^^Have you been reading what I been readinq?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The Swamp is running scared.

There’s no other reason to explain these guys like Brennan and McCaffrey running their mouths in Twitter like that.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

There’s no other reason to explain these guys like Brennan and McCaffrey running their mouths in Twitter like that.

Brennan I get. He's been an ass hat from the get go. McCaffrey has me confused. I'll admit that I haven't paid much attention to McCaffrey but I would have assumed he was a good guy?

Posts: 7552 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Brennan I get. He's been an ass hat from the get go. McCaffrey has me confused. I'll admit that I haven't paid much attention to McCaffrey but I would have assumed he was a good guy?

And what's he even talking about? Didn't the White House just issue some stiff new sanctions against Russia for election meddling? Something that Obama never even did?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
the media is protecting the swamp ....

McCabe's firing demonstrates that the swamp is deep

A person appointed by President Obama recommends the firing of an FBI agent because of serious misconduct and lying. Attorney General Jeff Sessions fires him per that recommendation, and the U.S. president supports that decision. Of course, the media and Democrats, in feigned outrage, call it a political firing and defend the FBI's now-former Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and want the taxpayers to pay the fifty year-old liar's generous pension.

I would think that the media and Democrats would want people at the FBI to be honest, unbiased, and accountable. They certainly would not want the taxpayers on the hook from this and force future generations to have to pay millions to government bureaucrats who violated the public trust, would they?

Nope, instead of caring about the integrity of the government, they go after Trump as they do every day.

The FBI’s Office of Personal Responsibility has recommended the firing of former deputy director Andrew McCabe, who is accused of serious misconduct.

The recommendation apparently resulted from a report by the Justice Department’s inspector general, which found that McCabe leaked sensitive details about the FBI’s investigation of the Clinton Foundation to a Wall Street Journal reporter and then lied about it to the IG’s office.

The way the media and other Democrats are reporting and acting on McCabe is the exact way they have treated most scandals the last eight years.

IRS tax-exempt section chief Lois Lerner violated the rights of political opponents of Obama, lied, and then destroyed documents and neither the FBI nor the media cared. Lerner collected her generous pension and went off into the retirement sunset.

Hillary and her aides continually violated laws, lied and destroyed documents and people at the FBI and Justice Department made sure she was not prosecuted. Then they lied about it. The media not only didn't care about that, they wholeheartedly supported Hillary for president.

Meanwhile, less powerful people were charged and went to jail for lesser crimes, and no one at Justice was punished for preferential treatment. Throughout all of this special treatment of Hillary, the media and Democrats pretended they cared about Justice for all.

Personnel at the Veterans Administration continually lied about wait lists and veterans died as they get poor treatment. Thank goodness the VA workers didn't get charged and lose their pensions.

The ATF lost track of guns in the Fast and Furious scandal and people died there, too, as a result but nobody lost his or her job or pension.

The Obama Administration illegally spied on thousands, including political opponents, illegally leaked, and illegally unmasked Americans caught up in intelligence dragnets, negating rules precisely to protect them, and instead of the media or other Democrats getting outraged, we find they targeted the same people.

Former Attorney General Eric Holder, former FBI Director James Comey, former U.S. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former National Security Council Deputy Director Ben Rhodes, former National Security Advisor Susan Rice and others repeatedly lied to Congress or to the American people through the press and instead of the Justice Department charging them or the media caring, they are held in high regard and are repeatedly used as sources to trash Trump.

Meanwhile, as many powerful perjurers are allowed to skate, Special Counsel Robert Mueller targets people surrounding Trump with perjury even though there was no underlying crime that caused the investigation in the first place and not one person in the media or Democrat cares that they and their families are losing their money and livelihoods.

Yet they care about McCabe?

Former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn did not commit any crime, and yet Mueller charged him with lying, and he is losing his house to pay lawyers while the media and Democrats yawn. They don't care about Flynn but they care about McCabe? The case against Flynn was not even a good case.

According to two sources familiar with the meetings, Comey told lawmakers that the FBI agents who interviewed Flynn did not believe that Flynn had lied to them, or that any inaccuracies in his answers were intentional. As a result, some of those in attendance came away with the impression that Flynn would not be charged with a crime pertaining to the Jan. 24 interview.

We are repeatedly told that Russia has tried to influence U.S elections for years, yet the first investigation came after Trump was elected, and after the media, House intelligence committee Democrat Adam Schiff, other Democrats, and the Justice Department clearly knew that the Steele dossier was fake and paid for by Hillary and the Democratic National Committee and that the spying that it led to was unjustified. Yet the investigation of Trump and his people continues.

If intelligence agencies and the Justice Department actually thought there was interference in elections by Russians, they would also have investigated people surrounding Hillary and Obama but they did not, they only targeted Trump.

The investigation by Mueller is and has always been a witch hunt targeting Trump and it is destroying a lot of people, but the media and Democrats only have cared so far about McCabe and other FBI agents who clearly violated their duty by protecting Hillary, targeting Trump, and not telling the truth about it.

The swamp is deep and Trump is obviously not the problem. The main problem is that the majority of the media is protecting the swamp instead of the American people. I would think they would be ashamed but they are not. They continue to double down.

https://www.americanthinker.co...e_swamp_is_deep.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ust-be-investigated/

Samantha Power: “Not a good idea to piss off John Brennan.”

The very idea that a Brennan and Power, two former Cabinet-level officials in the Obama administration, are publicly hurling not-so-veiled threats at a sitting American president, is not only beyond the pale, but must be taken seriously.

It is important to remember that this is not the first time Trump has been threatened with Deep State reprisal. In January of last year, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, (D-NY) seemed to gloat over the fact that the intelligence community has “six ways from Sunday at getting back at you” — meaning Trump.

In February, Phil Mudd, a CNN counter-terrorism analyst, publicly warned Trump that the F.B.I would seek revenge against Trump and “win.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And we have the usual suspects from the REP side:

Lindsey Graham: “To the average American, I think we owe it to the average American to have a hearing in the Judiciary Committee where Mr. Sessions, Attorney General Sessions comes forward, with whatever documentation he has about the firing and give Mr. McCabe has a chance to defend himself. I believe when it comes to this issue, we need as much transparency as possible and make sure it wasn’t politically motivated.”

Marco Rubio: “I don’t like the way it happened. He should have been allowed to finish through the weekend.” “I would’ve certainly done it differently given the fact there’s still this report out there that hasn’t come in.”

Jeff Flake: “When the president said it was a great day for democracy yesterday, I think it was a horrible day for democracy. To have firings like this happening at the top, from the president and the attorney general, does not speak well for what’s going on. So I don’t know what the designs are on Mueller, but it seems to be building toward that.’

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have never had a President so in tune with the hard working, honest, and law abiding population, but so obstructed by DEMs, REPs, federal bureaucracy, and media. Graham and Rubio are pathetic small sore losers.

Flake is just a shit head who knows he couldn't get reelected.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Hopefully the IG report comes out soon, and when it does there had better be a special prosecutor appointed that has free reign to go after and prosecute these traitors.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've seen a few articles this week suggesting the Democrats are going to win back the House. I think they are just laying the framework for their attempts after.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Possible loss of the house os another reason why a special investigator needs to be appointed before November. If the democrats take the house every house congressional investigation into corruption will be shut down immediately.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Donald J. Trump ✔
@realDonaldTrump

Why does the Mueller team have 13 hardened Democrats, some big Crooked Hillary supporters, and Zero Republicans? Another Dem recently added...does anyone think this is fair? And yet, there is NO COLLUSION!
7:35 AM - Mar 18, 2018

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope, instead of caring about the integrity of the government, they go after Trump as they do every day.

How can we expect them to exhibit integrity when they have absolutely none themselves?

They do not even know what the word means, let alone practice it!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"Integrity" and "morals" are things a liberal couldn't find in a dictionary if you opened it up to the page and highlited it.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Paul denounces ‘disgraceful’ ex-CIA chief Brennan over anti-Trump tirade!

Kentucky GOP Sen. Rand Paul on Sunday blasted former CIA Director John Brennan for suggesting that President Trump will be remembered as a “disgraced demagogue,” saying that Brennan spying on Americans while running the agency was disgraceful.

“This man had the power to search every American’s records without a warrant,” Paul tweeted Sunday. “What’s disgraceful is attacking the Bill of Rights and the freedom of every American.”

Paul’s professional dislike for Brennan is epic and goes back years.

In 2013, he staged a historic, 13-hour filibuster on the Senate floor to block President Barack Obama’s nomination of Brennan to lead the CIA, demanding answers to such concerns as whether the administration would execute a drone strike on an American on U.S. soil.

Then, 18 months later, Paul joined in a bipartisan call to have Brennan removed as the CIA chief, following revelations that the agency had spied on Senate Intelligence Committee staffers.

The most recent criticism follows Brennan’s response to Trump on Friday night after Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired FBI official Andrew McCabe two days before his retirement and eligibility for a full pension.

Sessions said he fired McCabe, the FBI’s onetime deputy director, following an FBI report and an inspector general’s report on McCabe’s handling of the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s use of private email servers while she was secretary of state.

“When the full extent of your venality, moral turpitude, and political corruption becomes known, you will take your rightful place as a disgraced demagogue in the dustbin of history,” tweeted Brennan, who on his Twitter page declares himself non-partisan. “You may scapegoat Andy McCabe, but you will not destroy America...America will triumph over you.”

Conservatives on social media also criticized Brennan's attack.

Critics claim former CIA chief John Brennan may have perjured himself over testimony about anti-Trump Steele dossier; former CIA analyst Fred Fleitz shares insight on 'The Story.'
“A year ago, media narrative was that intel chiefs were a bunch of apolitical boy scouts,” tweeted Mollie Hemingway, an editor for the online magazine The Federalist and a Fox News contributor. “As Brennan's increasingly unhinged tweets show, a year later, that narrative (and push by compliant media) looks patently absurd.”

Samantha Power, a U.N. ambassador for Obama, this weekend defended the ex-CIA director, tweeting, “Not a good idea to piss off John Brennan,” then had to send a follow-up tweet in an attempt to quell the backlash.

“Whoa! Just home & see much misinterp. of earlier tweet. It’s testament to polarized times that it cd be misread as referring to something other than Brennan’s indignation,” Power tweeted. “So will translate: not a good idea to upset @JohnBrennan bc/ he will raise an angry (& eloquent) voice.”

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
At least Rep Goodlatte (R-VA) takes the right position:

“Well I think the Attorney General did the right thing. It was the appropriate decision given the reports of his having leaked internal information to the media and then giving false information about that misleading information to those investigating the matter.

These are very serious concerns and they tie into the overall concern about how the FBI handled investigations into the elections last year, so the steps are appropriate,” said Rep. Goodlatte.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Possible loss of the house os another reason why a special investigator needs to be appointed before November. If the democrats take the house every house congressional investigation into corruption will be shut down immediately.

I can't understand why people would vote to give it back to them, but whatever...

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just tried to stomach a bit of the Sunday talking heads. Shrill doesn't even begin to describe them. I could only take about 10 minutes of "poor Andy McCabe, treated so bad"....

Adam Schiff makes me puke!! I tuned into Fox News Sunday slightly early to watch the panel, and he was on spewing his usual crap. Sadly, many viewers believe him...

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post