SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I believe The Big Ugly, as Sundance calls it, has begun. I don't know exactly how it will play out, but it's going to be a rough ride for sure. The totally corrupt Democrat Party will never acknowledge the truth, and in fact will never stop lying and deceiving. Their propaganda arm, the MSM, will spread fake news like never before. They all have no choice.

They are in the same sinking boat. It's not about just the loss of money and power, but many of them will also lose their liberty. Now we see why Strzok felt there had to be an "insurance policy," which turned out to be the plan to impeach Trump should he-- against all the odds-- somehow wind up in the White House. What was at stake was monumental-- just ask McCabe, who may well be the first of a long line heading to federal prisons.

We have to look all the way back to 1860 to see a time in American history that was aa perilous as these days we are living through. If, as some pundits claim, criminal culpability tracks all the way back to Hillary and Obama, all bets are off about what might or might not happen in our country. Except that, for sure, it's going to be a rough ride at the very least.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
So we have Comey saying "the American people will hear my story very soon. And they can judge for themselves who is honorable and who is not."

and McCabe threatening he will be a "significant witness" in Mueller's investigation

If Grassley's memo is true, both Comey and McCabe will have a lot of explaining to do about using the dossier w no verification.

What Strzok, Page, Baker, Priestap, and Ohr might testify to (to save themselves) could hurt Comey / McCabe also.

This is going to make the shoot out at the OK corral look like a church picnic.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
So we have Comey saying "the American people will hear my story very soon. And they can judge for themselves who is honorable and who is not."

and McCabe threatening he will be a "significant witness" in Mueller's investigation

If Grassley's memo is true, both Comey and McCabe will have a lot of explaining to do about using the dossier w no verification.

What Strzok, Page, Baker, Priestap, and Ohr might testify to (to save themselves) could hurt Comey / McCabe also.

This is going to make the shoot out at the OK corral look like a church picnic.

Comey has a book to sell.

With all the documents out there, e-mails, texts, phone memos, 302s, etc. it’s going to take a real creative bunch to explain it all, if these writings are anything like they have been portrayed.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Hoo boy. The Swamp is NOT taking kindly to Sessions firing of McCabe last night! Eek

I hope this asshole is the next one to go down.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
how soon could be charges laid so he can be arrested and confined before he decides to flee the country?

you know, just in case...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
It is time for FBI Director Wray and Dep AG Rosenstein to publicly support the firing of McCabe.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, John Brennan is an enemy of this country. The only fitting place for him is at the end of a rope.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
It is time for FBI Director Wray and Dep AG Rosenstein to publicly support the firing of McCabe.

Yes, that needs to happen immediately.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
how soon could be charges laid so he can be arrested and confined before he decides to flee the country?

you know, just in case...

He would have had to make an anti-muslim video for that to happen.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10339 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, John Brennan is an enemy of this country. The only fitting place for him is at the end of a rope.

I wholeheartedly agree.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
long article by Andy McCarthy

https://www.nationalreview.com...epartment-standards/

Mueller’s Investigation Flouts Justice Department Standards

summary paragraphs:

Think about how bizarre this is. For public consumption, the special counsel alleges breathtaking felony offenses — bank fraud, tax fraud, and money laundering, crimes involving over $100 million when aggregated.

Yet, to obtain a guilty plea from one of the allegedly serious felons, Mueller finds it necessary to abandon the hair-raising felonies he purports to have found. If these felonies are readily provable, as Mueller has claimed in his indictments, they are supposed to form the basis of any plea under Justice Department policy.

If Gates is the mega-criminal nine-digit fraudster the special counsel has portrayed, he is not supposed to get a slap on the wrist. Yet Mueller accepts a plea to minor charges, including a Section 371 conspiracy that is a prosecutorial invention — designed to shield the allegedly serious felon from penalties Congress has decreed for the misconduct involved.

These charges against Gates and Manafort have nothing to do with “collusion with Russia,” the investigation for which Rosenstein appointed Mueller.

There is no reason this case could not have been prosecuted by regular Justice Department lawyers. There was no need for a special counsel for this.

And regular Justice Department prosecutors, overseen by engaged Justice Department superiors ensuring adherence to well-established Justice Department policies, would not prosecute a case this way.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Love it.

President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer, John Dowd, told The Daily Beast on Saturday morning that he hopes Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein will shut down Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russia’s election interference.

As part of his initial email, Dowd included the text below, which is an annotated version of a line from a well-known 20th century play:

“What's that smell in this room[Bureau}?

Didn't you notice it, Brick [Jim]?

Didn't you notice a powerful and obnoxious odor of mendacity in this room[Bureau}?...

There ain't nothin' more powerful than the odor of mendacity[corruption]...

You can smell it. It smells like death.”

Tennessee Williams- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...-fire-robert-mueller

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
As I have maintained on every occasion, there is nothing I’ve seen about Jeff Sessions to cause me to think he is other than a competent, honest, principled lawyer fully capable and fit to be AG.

Truth, reality, evidence, rules.... that’s what it takes to do the job properly. If he had the proper factual basis, he would act. Otherwise, he could not, no matter how loudly the braying mob howled, bitched and moaned.

Yes sir......I agree 100% with you!! Too many are quick to judge, and are not realizing that procedures must be followed in order not to make mistakes that can come back to destroy you.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder if maybe Strzok is laying low and perhaps "running his mouth" to save his ass!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here we go; it did not take the crooked Democrats long to try and circumvent.

Rep. Mark Pocan, a Wisconsin Democrat, on Saturday extended a job offer to McCabe so that he could reach his length of service and get his retirement benefits.

"Andrew McCabe’s firing makes it clear that President Trump is doing everything he can to discredit the FBI," Pocan said. "My offer of employment to Mr. McCabe is a legitimate offer to work on election security."

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...counsel-mueller.html

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
...discredit the FBI

I have heard this a lot today, and it is laughable. The FBI has ZERO credibility right now, how can they lose any more?

Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Rep. Mark Pocan, a Wisconsin Democrat, on Saturday extended a job offer to McCabe so that he could reach his length of service and get his retirement benefits.

"Andrew McCabe’s firing makes it clear that President Trump is doing everything he can to discredit the FBI," Pocan said. "My offer of employment to Mr. McCabe is a legitimate offer to work on election security."

FERS retirement trivia: Congresscritters and their staff have the same CALCULATION as LEOs/Firefighters/Nuclear Couriers/ATCs-- 1.7% x 20 years plus 1% x each year in excess of 20.

For McCabe to retire under the Congressional Staff provisions of FERS, he'd need 5 years service as a staffer... not just the two days he's short of his LE-provision retirement.

Pocan is a reptile, but not a particularly smart reptile if he thinks this is a "fix."

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
...discredit the FBI

I have heard this a lot today, and it is laughable. The FBI has ZERO credibility right now, how can they lose any more?

What just blows me away...the MSM can't wrap their heads around...is that maybe the FBI is trying to bring itself up from the sewer it's "upper management" has dunked it in...of course, this wasn't supposed to happen when Hillary took over the government reins from Obama (business as normal and all)...the FBI is rotting from the head down...maybe now that the head is separated...it, as an organization, can get back to what it should be...protecting us plain folks.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

FERS retirement trivia: Congresscritters and their staff have the same CALCULATION as LEOs/Firefighters/Nuclear Couriers/ATCs-- 1.7% x 20 years plus 1% x each year in excess of 20.

For McCabe to retire under the Congressional Staff provisions of FERS, he'd need 5 years service as a staffer... not just the two days he's short of his LE-provision retirement.

Pocan is a reptile, but not a particularly smart reptile if he thinks this is a "fix."

Glad to hear it.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
A new undersecretary of state. Hadn’t known of her before. Tillerson didn’t like her, so probably I will.

“WASHINGTON (AP) - When the ax fell on Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, his spokeswoman was half a world away, a distance he and his inner circle preferred and enforced.

Now, it's Tillerson who's on his way out after his unceremonious firing by President Donald Trump, and Heather Nauert whose star is ascendant.

U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley and Nauert are among the few women in the Trump administration with high-profile voices on foreign policy. Only three State Department officials - all men - now outrank Nauert, a former Fox News anchor who declined comment for this story.

Nauert's meteoric rise comes even though just a week ago she seemed not long for the job. Then Tillerson lost his. …”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/w...ent-by-surprise/amp/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post