SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
It's being reported that Hope Hicks will soon leave as WH comms director. I'm sad.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
She's gorgeous. And apparently has been one of Trump's closest advisors. Also very smart from what I hear. Her testimony the other day people say went very well. She frustrated the heck out of the democrats. Yeah, I'm sad too.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
From my chair it seems to me trump is looking at pickimg up voters and dumping the gun fail on the democrats, just like he did with several items. Could be wrong though.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Report This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
After what I heard from him today, I’m looking at primary candidates. He won’t get my vote in a primary with this BS he did today. My faith in him as a 2A supporter is on life support.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
It's being reported that Hope Hicks will soon leave as WH comms director. I'm sad.

I was hoping that she wouldn't let the cat out of the bag quite so soon.

I was going to break it to you guys later that she accepted my proposal and agreed to move out here to the hinterlands. I'm certain that we'll be very happy together. I just need to teach her how to make a sammich.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
President Trump: "I like taking the guns early ... Take the guns first, go through due process second."
Roll Eyes

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
^^^^ I don't like a lot of what he said and don't think it helped the 2A cause, but remember, with Trump you have to focus 90% on what he actually does, and 10% on what he says.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
We'll have to see what, if any, bill or bills he actually signs.

I'm pretty much an all types of issue voter...except in regards to the 2nd amendment. You start messing around with that, and everything else takes a backseat.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, thank goodness none of you guys are jumping to conclusions.

Posts: 107593 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'll wait and see - he's proven to be adept at working both sides and getting things done, but he made some crappy sound bites today.

And then just consider what would be happening if he wasn't in office...

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
If people are worried about a ban they will be more likely to come out in November. If they feel sold out they probably stay home and the Senate could be up for grabs. We will see what happens. I look forward to seeing what actually happens.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
I don’t understand how kids can die in one of the wealthiest, liberal states in the union, with an anti-American president who just got re-elected, and a bunch (albeit not enough) of anti 2A senators and congress members looking to kill the second amendment, and absolutely NOTHING on a national scale happens.

But.....

America gives its leaders a mandate to change, to “drain” the proverbial swamp, and the solution is to take rights away from law abiding citizens?

That’s not the mandate, kiddo.

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
If people are worried about a ban ...

A "ban" is actually the one thing I'm not worried about. I don't see that happening, well except the bump-stock, and I'm not even sure we'll see that. But with certain types of firearms? No way.

I just hate how we always have to humor these leftists and talk gun control every...single...time. I get what the President's doing with these "discussions," I just hope that he doesn't feel like he has to give these people anything. But that's his game...negotiating. We'll just have to wait now and see how it plays out.

In the meantime, I'll be letting my representatives know how I feel.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I don't think Scalise was too happy about Trump's suggestion to not include reciprocity in any upcoming legislation. If they are going to pass something, there damned well better be a trade off (reciprocity).

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
WalMart decided to join in the hysteria. No more gun or ammo sales to anyone under 21 and no sale of anything (airsoft or toys) that even look like an 'assault rifle' Roll Eyes

https://www.axios.com/walmart-...utm_campaign=organic

Walmart raises age to buy a gun to 21

Walmart said on Wednesday that customers under 21 would no longer be allowed to purchase firearms from its stores, CNBC reports.

"In light of recent events, we've taken an opportunity to review our policy on firearm sales. Going forward, we are raising the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age ... We are also removing items from our website resembling assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys. Our heritage as a company has always been in serving sportsmen and hunters, and we will continue to do so in a responsible way."

— Walmart statement provided to CNBC

Why it matters: This follows Dick's Sporting Goods' move earlier Wednesday to no longer sell "assault-style" rifles, and a number of other corporate decisions after the Parkland shooting. Walmart said in its statement that the company does not sell "modern sporting rifles" or handguns.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
So when the President issues a new regulation regarding bump stocks, which two gun regulations is he planning to eliminate?

I have a list and can provide some suggestions on request. Smile

The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I don't think Scalise was too happy about Trump's suggestion to not include reciprocity in any upcoming legislation. If they are going to pass something, there damned well better be a trade off (reciprocity).

Agreed. I’d trade bump stocks for National reciprocity in a heart beat. I actually thought he’d try to do a “give to get” move with reciprocity...but he nuked it. Along Deep’s line of thinking, if he banned bump stocks and full auto, but then got rid of the NFA, I’d probably take that as well.

For those who say, give nothing and get everything!!!!!! Well, that just isn’t reality when you have to negotiate for everything.

And no, I’m not worried about a ban. Congress isn’t that stupid. I just don’t like that he’s fueling these idiots’ fire.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
WalMart decided to join in the hysteria. No more gun or ammo sales to anyone under 21 and no sale of anything (airsoft or toys) that even look like an 'assault rifle' Roll Eyes

Isn't this age discrimination by a corporation?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

https://www.axios.com/walmart-...utm_campaign=organic

Walmart raises age to buy a gun to 21

Walmart said on Wednesday that customers under 21 would no longer be allowed to purchase firearms from its stores, CNBC reports.

"In light of recent events, we've taken an opportunity to review our policy on firearm sales. Going forward, we are raising the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age ... We are also removing items from our website resembling assault-style rifles, including nonlethal airsoft guns and toys. Our heritage as a company has always been in serving sportsmen and hunters, and we will continue to do so in a responsible way."

— Walmart statement provided to CNBC

Why it matters: This follows Dick's Sporting Goods' move earlier Wednesday to no longer sell "assault-style" rifles, and a number of other corporate decisions after the Parkland shooting. Walmart said in its statement that the company does not sell "modern sporting rifles" or handguns.

OK, then get every video game, movie, and book with any kind of reference or image of an "assault rifle" off the shelf too. They won't.

Right there on the landing page for video games scroll down just a hair.
https://www.walmart.com/cp/video-games/2636

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
President Trump: "I like taking the guns early ... Take the guns first, go through due process second."
Roll Eyes

It's meaningless puffery.

Due Process is not something you can just wish away, even if you are the Chief Executive.

I actually think it's kind of funny and may be somewhat of a tongue-in-cheek challenge to the Democrats: "ok, you want to take away America's guns without due process, let's see you write some legislation that will accomplish that and still be workable under the Constitution."

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Report This Post