SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I don’t think the director has to resign. He should be prepared to publicly discredit this cherry-picked, fake memo and expose Nunes,” added former FBI counterterrorism special agent Ali Soufan. Soufan cited the bad blood between Director Louis Freeh and President Bill Clinton in the 1990s as a sign that the FBI can continue investigating a president despite their relationship collapsing.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...-memo-ex-agents-warn

What??? Now they are going to play it as a fake memo??

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Remember the judge who had Gen. Flynn’s case in his court? He took the guilty plea, then recused and the case was re-assigned.

I also think I remember that this same judge is a FISA court judge.

Could it be, just speculating here, that this judge heard the warrant application, then it was realized that having him handle the Flynn case might give the game away somehow? He might realize that the information in the warrant app was bogus, or tainted, or horror of horrors, not true?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is rich. There's a name we'll recognize and go Oh so that's why.......

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The dimowitts offer up such a simple retort, seriously as if we all didn't see them complaining that some things in the memo are redacted, and acting if it's some nefarious plot by the administration.

Most everyone knows that government documents that are released have redacted portions for national security, its so well known that we see it in tv shows and movies to add a bit of reality.

They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Is it just me, or are we at a wonderful time in the Trump presidency??? I would like to see the smile on Trump's face when he releases the memo.....ah, wonderful days ahead!!

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I really hope this does not turn out to be a James O’Keefe style announcement.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25422 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
If the memo is published as promised, expect some who advised against it to resign, even if they are otherwise in the clear.

The problem this creates is getting replacements confirmed, timely, or at all.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jehzsa:
quote:
Sincerely,

NANCY PELOSI
Democratic Leader

Love,

Bertha
(one of the Butt sisters)

and her twin sister Lotta

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Remember the judge who had Gen. Flynn’s case in his court? He took the guilty plea, then recused and the case was re-assigned.

I also think I remember that this same judge is a FISA court judge.

Could it be, just speculating here, that this judge heard the warrant application, then it was realized that having him handle the Flynn case might give the game away somehow? He might realize that the information in the warrant app was bogus, or tainted, or horror of horrors, not true?

the very same...

now, once this all comes out, I wonder what the Judge will do seeing as he was lied to and basically duped into signing the warrant...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53180 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sadly, if FBI Dir Wray really has recommended redacting names, then he is not the person we need to drain the infection out of the FBI and start a healing process

This is a worse crisis than I thought we would be in. Congressional oversight committees are saving us from high level treason in the FBI and DoJ.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
regarding Flynn, I don't think they needed a FISA warrant against him (although they may have obtained one, who knows?)

Supposedly Flynn was "caught" because FBI was monitoring the Russian ambassador phone.

But it has been so convoluted with unnamed sources, leaks, wild ass guesses, the American people are in the dark about one of the most dangerous acts that can occur. An attack on our presidential election process from within.

I heard a reporter the other night say that there was indeed an intelligence agency that interfered w the election. But it was ours.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Drain the swamp, remove the dankness...

Andrea Mitchell

@mitchellreports
How will they justify releasing this memo? Intelligence community is on fire about what they say risks 40 years of congressional oversight of the agencies

https://twitter.com/maddow/status/958900304791179265

11:15 PM - Jan 31, 2018

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
oh, and:

Economy to grow at 5.4% rate in first quarter, Atlanta Fed tracker shows

The economy is on track to put up blockbuster growth numbers in the first quarter, according to the latest forecast from the Atlanta Fed.

GDP is expected to surge 5.4 percent to start 2018, the central bank branch estimated in its latest rolling look at how the economy is progressing.

If the forecast holds, it would be the best quarter since the Great Recession ended in 2009. The previous highest was third quarter of 2014, which hit 5.2 percent.

However, the Atlanta Fed's tracker has shown to have reliability issues in the past. In particular, the model's sensitivity to the ISM Manufacturing Index has led the gauge astray multiple times, causing growth to be overstated.

The ISM numbers were the principle impetus for the raise in growth projections Thursday.

Real consumer spending jumped from 3.1 percent to 4 percent amid a sharp savings drawdown, and private fixed-investment growth surged from 5.2 percent to 9.2 percent.

Since 2015, ISM boosts have caused the Atlanta Fed to overstate growth by 0.8 percentage points on average, including 1.9 percent points in the fourth quarter tracking on Nov. 1, according to CNBC calculations.

That comes as jobless claims hover around generational lows and the unemployment rate is at 4.1 percent. Productivity, however, continues to be lackluster, falling 0.1 percent in the fourth quarter against an expected rise of 1 percent.

GDP for the fourth quarter came in at 2.6 percent, a disappointment caused primarily by a decline in inventories and a surge in imports, temporary setbacks expected to reverse in the quarters ahead.

President Donald Trump rode to office on promises of growth that would hit at least 3 percent and run as high as 6 percent.

The Atlanta Fed also was optimistic about the 2017 first quarter, estimating growth at one point to be 3.4 percent, where the final reading came in at 1.2 percent.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/0...d-tracker-shows.html

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
more text messages:

Dd may be Dep Dir McCabe

Strzok: “Hot damn. I’m happy to pilot that…we get around our security/monitoring issues?”

Page: “No, he’s proposing that we just stop following them. Apparently, the requirement to capture texts came from omb, but we’re the only org (I’m told) who is following that rule. His point is, if no one else is doing it why should we.”

Page: Helps that Dd had a terrible time with his phone [redacted] which made him concerned for our folks all over the place.

Page: These phones suck as much as they do because of the program we use to capture texts, full stop.

Strzok: No doubt.

Strzok: I’m not convinced short of OPR, that text capture capability really deters anything.

Strzok: If I want to copy/take classified, I’m sure as hell not going to do it on this phone.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Drain the swamp, remove the dankness...

Andrea Mitchell

@mitchellreports
How will they justify releasing this memo? Intelligence community is on fire about what they say risks 40 years of congressional oversight of the agencies

Awfully arrogant of this Mitchell twit. It risks a year or so of the arrogant agency being defunded.

Congress oversees agencies, not vice versa.

What it risks is a more effective enforcement mechanism for Congressional subpoenas, which is already looking like a Real Good Idea[tm]!

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

There should be a formal and very nasty reply to Pelosi

The intergrity of the house is at stake??? Nancy...it disappeared like a fart in the wind many moons ago. Can you believe the amount of morons who occupy the house that take themselves that seriously.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3447 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
If the memo is published as promised, expect some who advised against it to resign, even if they are otherwise in the clear.

The problem this creates is getting replacements confirmed, timely, or at all.

Why are the FBI and DOJ waging a political campaign against the memo at all?

The rank and file should shut up and stick to the work for which they were hired.

If the DOJ or FBI leadership seek to contradict the White House, shouldn't they just resign?

This idea that those officials should wage a public campaign against the congressional oversight memo and the White House shows how the FBI and DOJ are out of whack.

The DOJ and FBI perception of their roles needs serious adjustment.

It used to be that Hoover kept secrets to wield power but the new crop seems to see themselves above supervision or subordination to elected accountability because of entitlement.

Honestly, I'm not sure they will fare much better in the memo than they will in the Inspector General's report.

(spelling edit)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tubetone,

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I think Wray is just posturing for the benefit of all his underlings. He knows it ain't gonna happen either.

Expose all the criminal swamp dwellers!

But he is participating in undermining the memo.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Jessie Watters on Fox: "All of a sudden, Juan Williams trusts Law Enforcement."

Big Grin

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Jessie Watters on Fox: "All of a sudden, Juan Williams trusts Law Enforcement."

Big Grin

Juan is a joke.
No matter what a conservative says, Juan will argue about it for an hour. There's no way he's going to agree, no matter the subject.

Posts: 1781 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Report This Post