SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year II
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 308

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year II Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Incredible SOTU address by President Trump!!

"We are defending our Second Amendment, . . ."

Very nice to get a brief mention of something vitally important and near and dear to our hearts, but any speculation or insight on future activity / action by POTUS and/or Congress?!

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
Very nice to get a brief mention of something vitally important and near and dear to our hearts, but any speculation or insight on future activity / action by POTUS and/or Congress?!
You're kidding, right? You cannot be serious.

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
One idea was kind of snuck in there without much notice and no fanfare was authorizing Cabinet officers to fire incompetent or unsatisfactory federal employees.

That’s the thin end of the wedge!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
You're kidding, right? You cannot be serious.

I am curious to understand if the discussion on 'National Reciprocity' may advance or not.

Posts: 3476 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
One idea was kind of snuck in there without much notice and no fanfare was authorizing Cabinet officers to fire incompetent or unsatisfactory federal employees.

So you are saying they should continue to keep Incompetent employees? I never understand how you run a place when if you hire someone that is not able to do their job, you just keep them and hire more people to Not do their job.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Report This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
quote:

So you are saying they should continue to keep Incompetent employees? I never understand how you run a place when if you hire someone that is not able to do their job, you just keep them and hire more people to Not do their job.

I believe you misinterpreted that...

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
quote:
quote:

I believe you misinterpreted that...

Yep as a former Civil Servant it took a act of God to remove some of my deficit compatriots. The "wedge" will widen the ability to function as it should.

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Something about Trump

Due to work I couldn't stay up to watch the results on election night. For whatever reason my eyes snapped open at 3am and I immediately checked the results and discovered the wonderful news.

Last night I couldn't stay up to watch the address. Again my eyes snapped open at 3am and I immediately checked this forum and watched the full recorded address. Again, Trump knocked it out of the park.

Trump revealed to the nation the true nature of the Dems. I pray that these images that reveal the hatred the Dems have for this country are run ad nauseam.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The president doesn't have the authority to grant cabinet secretaries an easier path to fire people.

Congress passed a law making it easier just for the Veterans Administration.

President Trump asked congress to extend that easing of restrictions to the rest of the cabinet.

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You'd think the witch would be able to afford PoliGrip.

We have a local talk radio guy who refers to Pelosi as "Sloppy Choppers" Big Grin

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
From The Daily Wire

Democrats Sat ALL NIGHT During Trump's State Of The Union. That's Excellent News For Trump.

ByBen Shapiro
@benshapiro
January 31, 2018

On Tuesday evening, Democrats proved that they’re no longer “progressives” or even the loyal opposition. They’re merely one thing: the anti-Trump party. That truth has been on partial display since the election — they’ve spent over a year interminably complaining about phantom Trump-Russia collusion, suggesting nefarious doings that “stole the election,” and labeling every Republican they can find a racist, sexist, bigoted homophobe. But for a little while, at least, they attempted to provide a patina of legitimacy to the notion that they simply wanted to find common ground with the Trump administration, at least on issues like immigration and infrastructure.

Then came President Trump’s first official State of the Union address.

Democrats sat.

Now, Republicans were anti-Obama, certainly. But they didn’t sit through his State of the Union addresses. They cheered when they agreed, and they sat when they disagreed.

But Democrats just sat.

They didn’t just sit, actually. They grimaced. They groaned. They booed and hissed. And it wasn’t just that they disapproved of Trump on policy. It’s that they refused to stand for things they supposedly believe in because they hate Trump so much. Paid family leave? They sat. Infrastructure spending? They sat. Amnesty for 1.8 million illegal immigrants? They sat.

And then they sat some more. They sat when Trump touted the American flag. They sat when Trump touted American freedom. They sat when Trump touted low black unemployment rates. They sat when Trump cheered American opportunity.

They sat because the Democratic Party has become a party focused on one figure and one figure only: Donald Trump. That’s a high-risk, high-reward strategy. It’s high-risk because it assumes that the American people despise Trump as much as they do — and last night, the polls didn’t show it. Americans liked Trump’s speech. They thought Trump was channeling something unifying. They saw Trump as a man trying to get things done, and cheerleading for other Americans. Democrats sat through all of that because they believe that Americans hate Trump the way they do — that Americans hate Trump more than they love what makes America excellent.

Because Democrats despise Trump so much, the chances of any sort of bipartisan deal are dead. On virtually everything. And that’s great news for Trump and conservatives, since Trump can now make virtually any concession to make himself look moderate, knowing Democrats will turn it down; meanwhile, conservatives don’t have to worry about Trump cutting a bad deal, because Democrats have no intention of cutting any deal.

Trump’s best hope in 2020 is simply this: a Democratic Party motivated more by hatred of Donald Trump than the best interests of the American people.

Link

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Damn, Ben Shapiro nailed that one!

From a comment on that article:

quote:

TRUMP gave the State of the Union
The Democrats showed the HATE of the Union.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but we need to work on getting at least 60 strong Republicans in the Senate this year.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Getting more tense than I thought it would

https://www.washingtonpost.com...59f168dd2_story.html

The FBI spoke out forcefully Wednesday against a GOP memo criticizing the bureau’s use of surveillance authorities, challenging the classified document’s accuracy as the White House and congressional Republicans are expected to make its contents public.

“As expressed during our initial review, we have grave concerns about the material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy,’’ the FBI said in a statement.

In its statement, the bureau also said it carefully follows the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, which provides a legal framework for national security investigations.

“The FBI takes seriously its obligations to the FISA Court and its compliance with procedures overseen by career professionals in the Department of Justice and the FBI. We are committed to working with the appropriate oversight entities to ensure the continuing integrity of the FISA process,’’ the statement said.

The public statement underscores the concerns among federal law enforcement and intelligence officials who say the memo, written by House committee staff, is an inaccurate attack on the FBI, and that its release will set a dangerous precedent for future releases of classified information that touch on political issues.

Shane Harris is Wash Post natl sec reporter

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Screw that treasonous organization. Release the memo!

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the democrats did us all a huge favor last night

they showed us on live tv that they are nothing more than a bunch of self-absorbed American hating bastards sucking a paycheck from hard working Americans whom they loathe.

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

The public statement underscores the concerns among federal law enforcement and intelligence officials who say the memo, written by House committee staff, is an inaccurate attack on the FBI, and that its release will set a dangerous precedent for future releases of classified information that touch on political issues.

If we do the right thing now, it will be a dangerous precedence that will force us to do the right thing in the future.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Screw that treasonous organization. Release the memo!
'And' all the actual support material for the FISA warrant applications. Let's see it all so 'we' can decide who's lying.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not a bit.

If the a Cabinet officer is granted the authority to fire employees on the basis of incompetence, it could cost thousands their jobs.

Oh, my! Think of the humanity!

I often wonder if the reason there are so many working at federal jobs is because otherwise, they would be drawing welfare.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
the democrats did us all a huge favor last night

they showed us on live tv that they are nothing more than a bunch of self-absorbed American hating bastards sucking a paycheck from hard working Americans whom they loathe.

Unfortunately, the ones that needed to see the childish behavior of the Dem's probably weren't watching the speech.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post