SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Baltimore prepares for protests (Freddie Gray case) Update: 4th Circuit Appeals blocks suit vs Mosby
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 51
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baltimore prepares for protests (Freddie Gray case) Update: 4th Circuit Appeals blocks suit vs Mosby Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to jury made the right decision. Screw the idiots that started all this mess.

Thank you Balze, I forgot it was a judges decision.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
I'm glad to jury made the right decision. Screw the idiots that started all this mess.

Was there a jury? I think this trial decision was by the judge only.

Am I right about that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:

Was there a jury? I think this trial decision was by the judge only.

Am I right about that?

Correct, no jury.

link

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Courtroom for #NeroTrial was packed. One notable absence: Marilyn Mosby
Trouble-making, riot-inciting, racist, COWARDLY BITCH!!

Resign, you freaking embarrassment!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
5 more cases to go.

The next one is the van driver (Officer Goodson) w the most serious charges.

Starts 6 June

Then

LT Rice 5 July

Officer Miller 27 July

Officer Porter 6 Sept (retrial)

SGT White 13 Oct

adding:
Judge Williams stressed that Officer Miller testified that he alone stopped and cuffed Gray.

The prosecutors made a major mistake. When Miller and Nero gave their initial statements, they had no idea they were going to be charged w anything. Both Miller and Nero said in their initial statements that "we" stopped Gray.

The prosecutors forced Miller to testify against Nero. Miller got on the stand and testified that he alone stopped and cuffed Gray. Prosecutors handed Nero his very best defense witness.

So much of this injustice was triggered by Mosby making charges w/o doing a good investigation of what happened.

statement from Baltimore FOP:

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bring it Mr. Soros. I have my popcorn ready.

Posts: 114 | Location: Montana | Registered: January 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
5 more cases to go.
I'm calling it four cases because they couldn't get Porter the first time, and their chances are far worse this time around.
quote:
The next one is the van driver (Officer Goodson) w the most serious charges.

Starts 6 June
This one should be incredibly interesting. The prosecution is 0-2 on cases that should have been far easy for them to prove. My bet, this one is going to be an absolute joke, Nero will walk, and that will hand Mosby and crew 0-3.

Guess the savages in Baltimore will just have to burn and loot their way to justice. Roll Eyes

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:

She's just out organizing the protesters.

I agree, she needs to be gone, along with most of that cities elected officials.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
A few people owe the kangaroo an apology.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
A few people owe the kangaroo an apology.

It was pretty clear over the last week that Judge Williams wasn't on board with the lynching squad. He was openly critical and questioning of the prosecution throughout. I wasn't expecting any kind of courtroom shenanigans out of this one.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

She knew the outcome when she laid the charges.

Sniveling bitch!

Pardon me miss, what time do the riots begin?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Her actions are the reason more and more of my LEO friends are saying "screw it" and walking away from something they love.

I'm 3rd generation and seriously considering the same.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Despite the best efforts of crooked agents of the government, the system did work. I suspect the same will play out for those awaiting their day in court.

I wonder how many other people she has done this to.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Despite the best efforts of crooked agents of the government, the system did work. I suspect the same will play out for those awaiting their day in court.

Are all of these trials going to be decided by a Judge and not a jury?

I originally thought that perhaps that might be a disadvantage to the defendants, but now I'm wondering if this same verdict would've come down had there instead been a jury, especially a jury made up of the people of Baltimore.

In any case, that fraud Mosby needs to be shown the error of her ways...with extreme prejudice.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll try to be brief
posted Hide Post
quote:
but now I'm wondering if this same verdict would've come down had there instead been a jury, especially a jury made up of the people of Baltimore.

Would you put your trust in the people of Baltimore?

Posts: 14298 | Location: Heart of Texas | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Himiko:
quote:
but now I'm wondering if this same verdict would've come down had there instead been a jury, especially a jury made up of the people of Baltimore.

No way. No how.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
no justice no peace. I wonder how many blocks will be allowed to burn for those who want to protest and destroy?

No worries Stephanie Rawlings-Blake will give those who wish to destroy space to do that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Himiko:
quote:

No way. No how.
All it would've taken was just one BLM asshole and there would've been another hung jury.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15482 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Just more liberal pandering kabuki, a la Travon Martin, Ferguson MO, and many others. The prosecutor knew there would be no conviction from the beginning which in my view is prosecutorial misconduct.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
"Are all of these trials going to be decided by a Judge and not a jury?"

That is the decision of each individual defendant.

Nero made that decision with inputs from his attorneys.

I am very happy with the verdict today, but this was the "easiest" case to win for the defense. The prosecutors had almost nothing to go after Nero. It would have been a profound injustice to convict Nero of any of the charges.

While all of the officers were set up with unreasonable charges, Nero had the least to do w Freddie Gray. Since there has been constant reference that the van driver is responsible for the prisoner, the next case is the biggest of the six.

The van driver is charged w second degree murder.

Even Nero is not out of the woods yet. There is now a Baltimore Police Dept investigation on Nero. And who knows what the feds may try to do here.

All this because a drug addict / drug dealer stood up in the van, fell and broke his neck.

Side note: I don't remember ever reading what the results were from Gray's blood tests.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post