SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
I will admit to feeling relieved after reading that Sen Flake is going to vote to move Kavanaugh to the floor.
I was really sweating this guy making a last dick move on the way out the door.

HK AG

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Victim needs to make a police report to start the process. Ms. Ford has not done so.

Not true.

Source?

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
An interesting video by a body language expert on Ford's testimony yesterday. I'm not a lawyer, but it sounds line she was coached, prepped, rehearsed, etc for two weeks prior to yesterday, including mannerisms, facial expressions, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...dPI&feature=youtu.be

Pretty face!

That was really good.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:
^^^^
You know damn well it was. The full power of Hollywood make up and acting classes, PR firm organization, the whole enchilada.

What do psychologists do?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is often very frustrating trying to ram the square peg of fiction through the round hole of truth.

It's not stopping this soulless, political whore. A complete disconnect from reality and she will do anything to advance the agenda. Graham had it absolutely right when he said these people can't get the power.

https://www.msnbc.com/all-in/w...31242563996?v=raila&

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Perhaps a post nomination/confirmation/election investigation needs to be done, independent investigation into the Letter, who got it, who released it, and the subsequent Dem Fatwa facilitated to end BK's nomination.

The Impeachment of Feinstein, and perhaps anyone else found to be complicit in this public shaming should move forward.

There is no way that DiFi held that letter, didn't tell her staff, placed it in a Mayo Jar and put it in a safe locked away for the security of Dr. Ford. I guarantee you the day she got it that Choomer, Harris, Sparticus, Dickhead Turban et al knew about it. They planned this for a public lynching, and Dr Ford was either used as a pawn or a willing participant in this process.

Perhaps for violations of the rules of the senate, whatever the reason, make them pay and make them out to look like they used Dr. Ford for political gain...

Not only for what they did to BK and family but making Dr. Ford appear in public which they knew was imperative in order to try and sway elections in November by pitting old white males vs a meek and obviously scarred Dr. Ford.

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Perhaps this is a clickbait headline, but with "Dem tells Senate colleagues Kavanaugh 'coverup' will 'never last'"

I can't find the actual text of the comments, and what the meaning was, whether the allegation was to the Senate Dem's actions or an allegation against Kavanaugh. Anyone know what was said?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

This bears repeating.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
What time is the vote? I can't watch any more of this crap.

1:30 PM ET

This is assuming the Democrats don't raise a dozen more "points of order" that will require more rounds of discussion and voting, and they don't bring in another surprise mystery accuser at the last second.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
How did Rush get Graham to schedule the vote during his show.... Big Grin

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Her edge-of-tears, little girl voice was totally phony and I would guess highly coached. To make her sympathetic, and also to keep hard questioning at bay. She is a 50-something woman with a Ph.D. The mother of two teenage sons, and a college professor. But her voice says "I am a frightened 9 year old."

Her story was filled with inconsistencies, contradictions and holes. Anyone cross-examining her could have easily shredded it, pulverized it. No one dared do that-- not to a frightened 9 year old girl.

And the fucking glasses! If they were any bigger she would have had to hang red flags off them.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting patiently for the new rape allegations to be unleashed this weekend between the procedural committee vote today and the confirmation vote on Tuesday.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Kavanaugh replacing Kennedy will tip the Supreme Court to the right, Sen. Lindsey Graham acknowledges.

To Democrats: "Would you have picked him? No. But you lost the election, and that does have consequences."

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313...r-hint-thanks-obama/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
"Asparagus" likes to hear his own voice (and really thinks he is important Roll Eyes

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Kavanaugh replacing Kennedy will tip the Supreme Court to the right, Sen. Lindsey Graham acknowledges.

To Democrats: "Would you have picked him? No. But you lost the election, and that does have consequences."

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313...r-hint-thanks-obama/

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
"Asparagus" likes to hear his own voice (and really thinks he is important Roll Eyes

He's pathetic. He's still trying to convince everyone that he broke the Senate rules when he released documents that were already declassified. This guy is a grandstanding whore of the first order.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rduckwor:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Victim needs to make a police report to start the process. Ms. Ford has not done so.

Not true.

Source?

Uhm... himself? You do know he's an experienced lawyer, right?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
Tuesday cannot come soon enough.

BK and Ford have testified. It's time to vote and put this sick chapter of US History behind us.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Corey Booker just had his "I am Frank Drebin" moment..."I love being on this committee. I LOVE IT!"

I predict a new meme emerging soon. Big Grin

He also needs to work on his understanding of what corroborating evidence actually means as do some so called lawyers on the left side of the committee. Roll Eyes

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post