SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun....
Page 1 ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... 239
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The SCOTUS confirmation circus has begun.... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yeah, she was definitely playing up her scared innocent helpless girl thing.

Really impressed by Lindsey Graham, never thought that would happen, he's giving a great speech right now.

I still wish we had term limits though.

Posts: 1188 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Lindsey Graham nailing it again.

BTW, Grassley has stated he wants to move to another committee. Graham would be the next chair of the Sen Judiciary Comm if the Republicans hold the senate.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matai:

Really impressed by Lindsey Graham, never thought that would happen, he's giving a great speech right now.

I still wish we had term limits though.

He's saying everything that we're thinking. About who leaked the letter and most importantly why. About how Ford's lawyers hid from her the offer to come to her and the reason why...to make this the public circus it has become. Good show, sir.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So the ABA thinks the vote should be delayed, huh?

The American Bar Association (ABA) is of no consequence, no importance. It is just a voluntary organization and has always been thought of as quite liberal. The ABA has no power over lawyers, rather the ability to impose rules and requirements as well as to discipline lawyers rests in the State Bar Associations and the Courts of the States.

They gave everyone in my graduating class, upon passing the Bar, a free, one year membership and a big, impressive certificate to hang in the waiting room or office. I expect they did the same thing for all new members of the various state Bars.

Mine, like most all the ones given to those class members that I have kept in touch with over the last nearly 40 years are still rolled up in the mailing cartons they came in.

The Press seems to think it of some moment when the ABA speaks, but most lawyers pay no attention.

By the way, I know of very few new lawyers that renewed that free membership (the ABA actually wanted money for that!)except perhaps,my old office roommate, and I am not certain, Charlie Crist, whom I have not spoken with since he had his epiphany and realized he was a liberal Democrat.

So what the ABA wants, says or babbles about is truly meaningless.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I want to thank para, lbj, and the commenters for making this a great place to come, find out what's going on, be linked to useful commentary, and allow a place to vent.
We've had differences--heated--amongst us in the past, but we have come together to cheer on Judge Kavanaugh, President Trump, and now--much to our surprise--Lindsey Graham!

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Ford was over coached if anything. It's why she was terrified to be there. She was trying to walk a razors edge of what she could say according to her lawyers and what she shouldn't say. She wasn't there to tell truth about what she knew which was very little she was there to tell a story as she was coached.

She could not say anything that would open the door to any time or place, when or where this assault happened. Had she done that Kavanaugh's calendar would have slammed the door on the entire thing. She was dancing on a pin head the entire time.

She danced with the devil and she got burned. I hope the Go Fund me cash makes it all worth it to her.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
From Stephen Green on PJ Media:

quote:
Bush To The Barricades For Kavanaugh.

It's early yet, but I'm going to go ahead and call Ed Morrissey's column today's must-read piece.

When the opening presented itself in late June with Justice Anthony Kennedy’s retirement from the Supreme Court, there was some limited chatter that Donald Trump might not want anyone so connected to George W. Bush as a nominee. Amy Coney Barrett was viewed by some as the real disruptor choice. Trump wisely chose Kavanaugh based on his long experience, but part of that choice was at least a tacit outreach to the Bush wing of the party.
Perhaps that didn’t get fully appreciated until Dianne Feinstein’s sucker punch. However, one man certainly appreciated it — and he might make the difference in getting Kavanaugh over the top. Deep in a Washington Post article discussing the reactions to yesterday’s hearing, they report that Bush himself has been quietly lobbying those Republican senators that have grown disaffected with Trump.

You can take over and win with a weakened party, as Trump did, by tearing it down further. But finding continued success requires building it back up, bringing it back together. That's the angle I'd missed in Trump's selection of Kavanaugh. Being a conservatarian, if that's the word, rather than a member of the GOP, I'd focused first on Kavanaugh's credentials, secondly on his ability to get through the Senate, and not at all on what his mere nomination might mean to the party.

With that in mind, more from Ed:

Bush might be the one man who can unlock those three votes for Mitch McConnell, in part by reminding them that Kavanaugh represents a critical norm in more ways than one. Kavanaugh is no nihilist, on the bench or anywhere else; he’s spent a lot of time in Washington and hasn’t thrown tables around the room anywhere he’s been. Collins, Murkowski, and perhaps Flake would appreciate that reminder, as well as another that what follows after a Kavanaugh character assassination might be not only much less part of a norm, but also impossible to oppose after the injustice seen in this process. In fact, if Bush is smart (and he most certainly is), he’ll argue that Trump’s selection of Kavanaugh is a defense of norms, while rewarding Democrats’ character assassination would be abetting their destruction.
If Bush is the man, or can at least be presented as the man who put Kavanaugh over the top, that would be a huge moment of healing for the fractured Republican party.

Provided, that is, going forward Bush can remain a team player and knock off all the sniping at Trump, and quit with the longing gazes at various Democrats.

So there are actually two balls in Bush's court right now. Let's see how he plays them.

Link

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Ford was over coached if anything. It's why she was terrified to be there. She was trying to walk a razors edge of what she could say according to her lawyers and what she shouldn't say. She wasn't there to tell truth about what she knew which was very little she was there to tell a story as she was coached.

She could not say anything that would open the door to any time or place, when or where this assault happened. Had she done that Kavanaugh's calendar would have slammed the door on the entire thing. She was dancing on a pin head the entire time.

She danced with the devil and she got burned. I hope the Go Fund me cash makes it all worth it to her.

Sad thing about her really is she is fixing to feel what being treated like a whore really feels like. All these people hugging on her and telling stroking her ego won't take her call or return an email as of about yesterday afternoon when they were done with her.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
HOLY SHIT! Eek Please be true!

quote:

BREAKING: We Have The Votes

Townhall

With the Senate Judiciary Committee holding a vote at 9:30 A.M. tomorrow, a Senate insider has told Townhall that Kavanaugh has the votes to make it out of committee and the votes to be confirmed on the floor for a seat on the U.S. Supreme Court. Sens. Flake (R-AZ), Collins (R-ME), Murkowski (R-AK), and Manchin (D-WV) are expected to vote in favor of Kavanaugh. All the Republicans are voting yes. Also, in the rumor mill, several Democrats may break ranks and back Kavanaugh. That’s the ball game, folks

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...e-the-votes-n2523402

This is exactly what will happen. Maybe some Dems will vote for him, maybe they won't, but he will be confirmed.

There may have initially been a small chance this was enough to derail Kavanaugh, but not much of a chance, and it quickly was obvious that it wouldn't work. So now, the Ds will just use the Republicans-hate-women refrain as a campaign issue.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I listened to Senator Graham make his remarks, and once again, thought his words were powerful. His delivery, this time, was understated and the contrast with yesterday’s fire and brimstone made the words more meaningful—like you needed to scoot forward in your chair and cock an ear toward the television.

Then Dick Durbin came on. I turned off the TV

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

Victim needs to make a police report to start the process. Ms. Ford has not done so.

Not true.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably a good time to recall that all three accusers at the Salem Witch Trials were very believable: Innocent young girls with no incentive to harm anyone. They actually saw the accused practicing witchcraft, so there were three eyewitnesses who corroborated the stories; an infinitely greater amount of evidence than the Democrats presented.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for this to be over with. Once he is confirmed, the Dim's are going to wish they never entered politics. It's going to be a hard knock life for them. Big Grin

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I couldn't make it through DiFi's speech. Had to turn it off. Turned it back on a second ago and the moron from RI is blathering on... I'll listen to Rush's recap of it all at noon.

Posts: 1362 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
I think we are going to see some violent protests this weekend and the period up to the confirmation vote. I really hope extra security is being provided to republican senators.

Good, normal people...both Rs and moderate Ds, especially the blue collar trump Ds are sick of the progs shit.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
This Whitehouse guy from RI is a complete asshole. I wish they would just call the vote already.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 986 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
What time is the vote? I can't watch any more of this crap.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
What time is the vote? I can't watch any more of this crap.

1:30 PM ET

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
This Whitehouse guy from RI is a complete asshole...

A prerequisite for being in the Democratic Party.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yes Whitehouse is one of the gaggle of DEM liars. Grassley pointed out the DEMs chose not to participate when he sent Jud Comm investigators to pursue the claims that came in.

Worth a repeat: Ford didn't even state what month her alleged attack occurred in.

One of the damning things about Ford's claim is that it was well crafted (ambiguous)to be very hard to develop an alibi against those claims.

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post