SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

That you served in the military is irrelevant. You have a shitty attitude, you moved like a coward once already apparently, you say you're going to do it again, I'm just suggesting where you should go.

If you had chosen to stay in MA and vote, perhaps things would be different, who can say. But if gun owners in VA or anywhere else behave like you en masse, well, that would be a sad day.

Your bad attitude has no place here or in this thread.

How does one get more negative than this.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Of the SF members that attended the event today, I'm curious if any of you spoke with legislators there, and if so, what their reactions were to it?

I intended to lobby, but I arrived at the Capitol too late.

I parked at the Diamond (a minor league ball park????) expecting to take one of the shuttle buses to the Capitol. But the line was so long I figured I would walk it as others were doing. I didn't realize it was 3.2 miles to the Capitol.

Once I got to the Capitol it took me an hour or so to figure out how to get in. It was about 10:45 once I got through security and the rally was starting. So I stayed until the noon when the rally ended and walked the 3.2 miles back to The Diamond.

I loved every minute of it. The crowd was incredible. If only we had this type of crowd for every Lobby Day.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
No... Virginia is NOT going to look and feel like Massachusetts real soon.
Thank you for your service.
But, please, keep the negativity to a minimum.
Stay in the fight.

I haven't been politically active since I was a college student, 45 years ago.

But I went to Richmond today.

Because I do NOT WANT my state to become like Massachusetts, New York or California. My "marching chant" is:

"Today is the soap box. Tomorrow is the jury box. November is the ballot box."

It's my hope that today was the beginning. One of the signs I saw today was Admiral Yamamoto's famous quote following the attack on Pearl Harbor: "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."

My attendance today was just that. To show that I care. And I vote!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are tons of laws in every state that are either; A. Stupid, B. Unjust, or C. Outdated. But they're still on the books. They're still the "law of the land". But nobody gives a shit, because nobody complies with that nonsense, and you can't arrest everyone.

I remember from some years ago reading an rather long article about laws/regulations that were still on the books, and needed to be cleaned out.

One of those was (I believe) from Kansas. Said it was against the law to shoot buffalo from ground floor windows. Had to be from the second story to reduce the danger to citizens.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
gun owners in VA are fucked and will be fucked for the foreseeable future

That is demonstrably not true.

Tell me, what happens to a law that suffers mass non-compliance?

Did you know it's also not legal in VA to drive without shoes?
Did you know it's illegal in VA to tickle women?
Did you know it's against the law in Richmond, VA to flip a coin for the bill for coffee?

There are tons of laws in every state that are either; A. Stupid, B. Unjust, or C. Outdated. But they're still on the books. They're still the "law of the land". But nobody gives a shit, because nobody complies with that nonsense, and you can't arrest everyone.

Do Not Comply! It may sound trite, but it absolutely works. Ask any moonshiner. The reason prohibition failed is because of mass non-compliance. And it was a friggin' constitutional amendment, not some silly state law.

Now some people may get a ticket or arrested or whatever in certain areas or cities, if some dickhead politicrat wants to prove a point, but name the jury that will convict? On the whole, it will not stand up over time. The only thing that gives the law - any law - any kind of power, is the people's willingness to uphold it. If you don't have that - and gov blackface doesn't - then it will become another nonsense outdated goofy thing you read on wiki someday.

Good on you Virginians who stood up to the nonsense and showed up today in sub-optimal conditions to have your voice heard. I am proud to know you and be associated with you - even if it's only via the internet.

You didn't mention my name but since I believe I was the one who said that, I'll reply.

Yes, you are fucked and will be for the foreseeable future until the law is changed or addressed in court.

When mentioning moonshine, driving without shoes and so on and other laws that aren't enforced, you still have to acknolwedge that the laws exist. Enforcement is another issue.

It was no accident that the Dems did this because it was an orchestrated move with out of state money and a nationwide gameplan if they can get this law passed and it remains on the books, it's a huge win for anti-gun groups. There's no nationwide charter for The Sarah Brady Coalition To Drive Shoeless but there is for gun control.

Non-compliance is always an option, depending on your risk tolerance. In those counties where the sheriff or the county announced sanctuary status, the VA gov isn't going to do much other than threatening to withhold funds. Instead, he'll target a blue county with a carefully selected populace who will form the jury pool. People who are anti-gun. That's the pool and who the Dems will work on for a conviction.

VA is a threshold state and you have to fight. The fight or lack thereof shows that unless you fight hard with everything, you will turn into my shitty CA.

The Dem leadership doesn't really care if you or the red part of VA complies or not. They will focus on friendly blue areas and try to make inroads there. They will search social media for people who post their name or can be identified who own a gun where ownership has been restricted. They will say that the gunowner brought it on himself and once they have a conviction, it feeds their desires for more.

I know how these people think. I have watched CA decline and I know the cesspool you're facing unless you win.

Posts: 4077 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Flashlightboy, others.

There will be plenty of other threads to be Debbie Downers in. Either be encouraging, or just keep your mouth shut and let them stay positive. The rally was by any measure a success.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:

The shooting hobby/community seems to have changed..

Thank you for your service, Steadyhand. I hope that you will decide to stay on the forum.

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flashlightboy, others.

There will be plenty of other threads to be Debbie Downers in. Either be encouraging, or just keep your mouth shut and let them stay positive. The rally was by any measure a success.

The rally was a success. No doubt and the positive vibe of the day was fantastic.

That was easy because gun owners were with gun owners. Tomorrow it's the push back against others.

No slight intended to take anything from today.

Posts: 4077 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
It was an amazing day and a great experience. There were 9 in our group and we spoke to people from Arizona, Kentucky, Indiana, North Carolina, New York and saw countless other groups with their signs. Saw a he/she/it doing his/her podcast thing and overheard him saying he came all the way from California. Definitely a sight to see some of the various groups that are normally at odds and different values coming together to support the 2nd Amendment and almost all supported President Trump.

Spoke to Bryce Reeves for a minute. Good enough guy. Didn't get to talk to Nick Freitas but we've spoken before.

Here are some of the pics I got from inside the fenced in area which was very early in the morning and then later in the day outside of the fence.

The big guy with one of the 50 cals was from New York.

ETA: I swear that was Tommy Chong in the 2 photos waiving a glove on a stick, not 100% sure, but if not he could be his double Confused
Also, the lady in blue isn't crying, she's just freezing cold

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
My "marching chant" is:

"Today is the soap box. Tomorrow is the jury box. November is the ballot box."

It's my hope that today was the beginning. One of the signs I saw today was Admiral Yamamoto's famous quote following the attack on Pearl Harbor: "I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant, and filled him with a terrible resolve."

My attendance today was just that. To show that I care. And I vote!

THIS is the spirit we have to keep alive, and we have to make darn sure it's fully charged come November.

Today has been a heck of a day, and we deserve to take a moment and relish the power and peaceful capability shown. But we mustn't let up.

- - - -

CBS news is at this moment up-playing the police presence in Richmond and not saying much about how peaceful the event was to begin with. This is the BS we'll face. It's an uphill battle, but we've shown that we have the stones for fighting it. Let's get to it.

God bless America.

Posts: 13501 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
quote:
Flashlightboy, others.

The rally was a success. No doubt and the positive vibe of the day was fantastic.

That was easy because gun owners were with gun owners. Tomorrow it's the push back against others.

No slight intended to take anything from today.

Anyone reading the forum, and certainly anyone in VA knows that things are serious. It should be obvious to everyone that more work is needed going forward.

It's just not helpful to tell folks in VA or anywhere else "Yes, you are fucked." There is a right way and a wrong way to be supportive.

In case anyone missed it:

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Gentlemen, I don't want to see any defeatist talk in this thread. As a matter of fact, I don't want to see such lamentations and rushes to surrender in any thread in this entire forum.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Nothin' is over until we SAY it's over!
And that will be NEVER!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8356 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Win the next election. Repeal any stupid new laws. That simple.

My membership payment to the VCDL will be in the mail this week. Maybe I will re-join SCOPE and GOAL too.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I have to admit that I had concerns of Democrats and their operatives turning this all into their shitshow, and who knows, they may have been planning it. But it would seem the sheer massive turnout by a peaceful crowd dwarfed any leftist plans whatsoever.
Honestly I think anyone who considered it was likely shocked at the sights of a visibly well armed populace.

It's one thing to start fights and throw liquid on people when maybe 1 out of 100 may have a firearm, but when the majority of peaceful gals & guns are decked out and any one of them can kill you 100 times over, it likely took any wind out of their sails.

Brings this quote to my mind - “An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevbo:
The only LEO long guns I saw were near the actual LEO staging area at the Marshall court building.

There were at least two citizens carrying Barretts :

Thanks for the info...and thanks for going! Hope you made it home safely.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
A lot of people were here. No problems, everyone super friendly, and I saw the cowardly Lion. At least three helicopters flying overhead.

Jesse, I was just a little bit down the hill from you, about where the second tree is in your picture. You may not have seen it but there was also a VSP or Capitol Police drone being flown over the crowd based from the building on the corner 9th Street and Franklin.

It's a small world. I didn't see the drone, but people told me it was there as well as some snipers.

I am so proud of you guys that made the trip down, and everyone supporting from afar. We won a battle, in what is going to be a long fought war, and we are likely to lose a number of battles going forward. Just keep your sights one the target and press forward guys, don't let the dark days get you too down, and rejoice in the days like today!

Fight on Virginia! This battle is not just for this state, but is a proxy on the Dems plans for the whole country.

////

ETA Damn, mutedblade, you were right next to me, I had to walk past you just to pee.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
State of Emergency, government in panic, thousands attend, hundreds are armed.

NOTHING.... HAPPENS....

All of that bluster and show in the media, and no cheddar.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
so what did CNN and MSNBC think ?

(ok, who cares? but it still shows how wrong these assholes are)

video at link

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouc.../1219365119894982656

don't miss the very end

CTH estimates the crowd at 22,000

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
I have to admit that I had concerns of Democrats and their operatives turning this all into their shitshow, and who knows, they may have been planning it. But it would seem the sheer massive turnout by a peaceful crowd dwarfed any leftist plans whatsoever.
Honestly I think anyone who considered it was likely shocked at the sights of a visibly well armed populace.

It's one thing to start fights and throw liquid on people when maybe 1 out of 100 may have a firearm, but when the majority of peaceful gals & guns are decked out and any one of them can kill you 100 times over, it likely took any wind out of their sails.

Brings this quote to my mind - “An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

Very true. Thank you Virginians, True Americans, and Freedom Advocates for your support today. There is still work to be done.

This irks the hell out of me. Northam taking credit for the peaceful assembly today.

"RICHMOND, Va. (WDBJ7)-- Governor Ralph Northam said he is pleased about how law enforcement handled the rally events during Lobby Day, saying "teams successfully de-escalated what could have been a volatile situation."

"We are all thankful that today passed without incident," Northam said in his statement following the gun rights rally Monday.

According to the press release from the Governor's Office, thousands of people traveled to the capitol grounds in Richmond on Lobby Day and made their voices heard. "Today showed that when people disagree, they can do so peacefully," said Northam. "I will continue to listen to the voices of Virginians, and I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our Commonwealth safe."

Copyright 2020 WDBJ7. All rights reserved."

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'm glad the event went so well and glad everyone that went enjoyed it and each other. I lived in Hampton Roads from 83-90 and then NoVA from 90-2015 then relo'd to NC.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post