SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted?
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 96
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling all Virginia members. Movement to declare cities/counties in VA second amendment sanctuary cities is gaining momentum. Has your city voted? Login/Join 
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Of the SF members that attended the event today, I'm curious if any of you spoke with legislators there, and if so, what their reactions were to it?

Just a couple observations; I haven't viewed all the pics and videos from Lobby Day, but of the few I've seen, for the large turn out, the grounds look remarkably clean. Also, of the LEOs present, I didn't notice any carrying long guns, and while I'm sure some were available nearby they apparently didn't feel the need to carry them...which speaks to what level of threat they expected.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
The only LEO long guns I saw were near the actual LEO staging area at the Marshall court building.

There were at least two citizens carrying Barretts Smile

quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Of the SF members that attended the event today, I'm curious if any of you spoke with legislators there, and if so, what their reactions were to it?

Just a couple observations; I haven't viewed all the pics and videos from Lobby Day, but of the few I've seen, for the large turn out, the grounds look remarkably clean. Also, of the LEOs present, I didn't notice any carrying long guns, and while I'm sure some were available nearby they apparently didn't feel the need to carry them...which speaks to what level of threat they expected.

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder:

Hey, with that attitude, I'm glad you left MA. I'm still here and the last thing we need is people like you. VA doesn't need your bullshit either. Move to CA already. Oh wait, they don't need your bullshit.

Try Canada, New Zealand, maybe Iran.

In all seriousness, stop posting your bullshit and move on.

Get over yourself, ARC, I've been around here since 2006 and your time on sigforum has its fair share of bitching and pitching bullshit, too, unless you somehow you let your high post-count convince yourself your shit doesn't stink. Poop is poop and you poop too (just not in this thread perhaps).

I'll say this, the conservatives in Massachusetts have yet to figure out how to reverse the insidious entrenchment of Democrat rule (and it has been decades, hasn't it?)...and if given seven or eight lifetimes, the Dems will still rule Massachusetts and they make like the entire state is their little bitch, because it is, it has been, and it will continue to be their bitch until long after we're all gone, MA will remain under massive Democrat rule.

That's my lament - the Dems get a stronghold and never let go....ever....If they did, then MA wouldn't be known as "Tax-a-chusetts" or chocked full of "Massholes"

Besides, my attitude was bred and forged in 30 yrs of active-duty with more deployment time in theater than at home (150+ short/long-term deployments) and five additional years of federal LEO time in the tight-butt orifices of D.C. (on South Capitol ST)- I know Dem politicians first hand...for five years I had to be physically in their personal space and they're sneakier than you think. I never made a great deal of salary, but I figured I could bitch/pitch my bullshit about something like this.

I have to ask, ARC, does it make you feel good to suggest a 30yr (full-on combat) veteran (100% VA disabled) move to New Zealand, Canada, or Iran? I'm allowed to disrespect myself, because everyone is a fool of sorts, but perhaps you should check on who you are disrespecting. I put in my time.

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteadyHand:
quote:

Hey, with that attitude, I'm glad you left MA. I'm still here and the last thing we need is people like you. VA doesn't need your bullshit either. Move to CA already. Oh wait, they don't need your bullshit.

Get over yourself, ARC, I've been around here since 2006 and your time on sigforum has its fair share of bitching and pitching bullshit, too, unless you somehow you let your high post-count convince yourself your shit doesn't stink. Poop is poop and you poop too (just not in this thread perhaps).

Arc is still a moderator, dipshit.

Nice knowing you...

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Brass Pounder
Picture of roustabout
posted Hide Post
Viewed from afar (Texas), I have to say I have a lot of admiration and respect for all that turned out to exercise their First Amendment right in defending the Second. Kudos to you all. Win or lose, you proved that you will not roll over and play dead in the face of tyranny.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 1017 | Registered: August 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
gun owners in VA are fucked and will be fucked for the foreseeable future

That is demonstrably not true.

Tell me, what happens to a law that suffers mass non-compliance?

Did you know it's also not legal in VA to drive without shoes?
Did you know it's illegal in VA to tickle women?
Did you know it's against the law in Richmond, VA to flip a coin for the bill for coffee?

There are tons of laws in every state that are either; A. Stupid, B. Unjust, or C. Outdated. But they're still on the books. They're still the "law of the land". But nobody gives a shit, because nobody complies with that nonsense, and you can't arrest everyone.

Do Not Comply! It may sound trite, but it absolutely works. Ask any moonshiner. The reason prohibition failed is because of mass non-compliance. And it was a friggin' constitutional amendment, not some silly state law.

Now some people may get a ticket or arrested or whatever in certain areas or cities, if some dickhead politicrat wants to prove a point, but name the jury that will convict? On the whole, it will not stand up over time. The only thing that gives the law - any law - any kind of power, is the people's willingness to uphold it. If you don't have that - and gov blackface doesn't - then it will become another nonsense outdated goofy thing you read on wiki someday.

Good on you Virginians who stood up to the nonsense and showed up today in sub-optimal conditions to have your voice heard. I am proud to know you and be associated with you - even if it's only via the internet.

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Arc is still a moderator, dipshit.

Nice knowing you...[/QUOTE]

The shooting hobby/community seems to have changed, and it's your "dipshit" and "nice knowing you" that gives a moment to pause and reflect that I am not like you and I need to exit stage left as you say. Bye - signed "dipshit"

Posts: 559 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I left Massachusetts for Virginia.
I spent an inordinate amount of money to 'fixate' my family into Virginia some 17 years ago.
Now, at a cost we had not anticipated, we are going to seek a new state to call home.
Virginia appears permanently flipped, just like MA, MD, NY, and CA. I'm in mourning. I'm peeved about the cost. My wife, a conservative who grew up in Missouri, swears she was literally dying in just 18 months of living in Massachusetts. Virginia is going to look and feel like Massachusetts real soon.

No... Virginia is NOT going to look and feel like Massachusetts real soon.
Thank you for your service.
But, please, keep the negativity to a minimum.
Stay in the fight.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
There are a bunch of people I'd like to single out for recognition.

I do not know their names, but they were on a couple of live streams I watched.

These were the folks with trash bags.

Who on their own hook were going around and picking up every scrap of rubbish, every cigarette butt, and every "Guns Save Lives" stickers that were attached to things other than people (e.g., lamp posts, manhole covers, road surfaces).

Those people truly show what responsible gun ownership is all about.

If I knew their names, I'd be looking for a way to get them the recognition they deserve.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From Dunnavant, who voted for SB70.
quote:
Senator Siobhan Dunnavant is at Virginia State Capitol.
16 mins · Richmond ·
Today was a beautiful and peaceful example and practice of our First Amendment at Jefferson’s Capitol. Thank you everyone who participated and voiced support for the Second Amendment. I am so proud of Virginia. @ Virginia State Capitol

https://www.facebook.com/DunnavantDelivers/

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
All respect, SteadyHand.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
A lot of people were here. No problems, everyone super friendly, and I saw the cowardly Lion. At least three helicopters flying overhead.

Jesse, I was just a little bit down the hill from you, about where the second tree is in your picture. You may not have seen it but there was also a VSP or Capitol Police drone being flown over the crowd based from the building on the corner 9th Street and Franklin.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'll say this, the conservatives in Massachusetts have yet to figure out how to reverse the insidious entrenchment of Democrat rule (and it has been decades, hasn't it?)...and if given seven or eight lifetimes, the Dems will still rule Massachusetts and they make like the entire state is their little bitch, because it is, it has been, and it will continue to be their bitch until long after we're all gone, MA will remain under massive Democrat rule.

That's my lament - the Dems get a stronghold and never let go....ever....If they did, then MA wouldn't be known as "Tax-a-chusetts" or chocked full of "Massholes"

Besides, my attitude was bred and forged in 30 yrs of active-duty with more deployment time in theater than at home (150+ short/long-term deployments) and five additional years of federal LEO time in the tight-butt orifices of D.C. (on South Capitol ST)- I know Dem politicians first hand...for five years I had to be physically in their personal space and they're sneakier than you think. I never made a great deal of salary, but I figured I could bitch/pitch my bullshit about something like this.

I have to ask, ARC, does it make you feel good to suggest a 30yr (full-on combat) veteran (100% VA disabled) move to New Zealand, Canada, or Iran? I'm allowed to disrespect myself, because everyone is a fool of sorts, but perhaps you should check on who you are disrespecting. I put in my time.

That you served in the military is irrelevant. You have a shitty attitude, you moved like a coward once already apparently, you say you're going to do it again, I'm just suggesting where you should go.

If you had chosen to stay in MA and vote, perhaps things would be different, who can say. But if gun owners in VA or anywhere else behave like you en masse, well, that would be a sad day.

Your bad attitude has no place here or in this thread.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RGRacing
posted Hide Post
Love to see a shot of Trash Pickup on the News Tonight - If anyone has a picture of this - Please Post it.
Sig2340's post is so perfect - Thanks to all who made this a great day.

Posts: 494 | Location: Mpls, MN | Registered: January 05, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
There are a bunch of people I'd like to single out for recognition.

I do not know their names, but they were on a couple of live streams I watched.

These were the folks with trash bags.

Who on their own hook were going around and picking up every scrap of rubbish, every cigarette butt, and every "Guns Save Lives" stickers that were attached to things other than people (e.g., lamp posts, manhole covers, road surfaces).

Those people truly show what responsible gun ownership is all about.

If I knew their names, I'd be looking for a way to get them the recognition they deserve.

I like to thank those folks as well and buy them a beer. Good Job. It's these things that separate us from the mouth breathers

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Well done, fellas.

From my cold, dead hands...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
So proud of you folks!!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Well done, fellas.

Absolutely. I have to admit that I had concerns of Democrats and their operatives turning this all into their shitshow, and who knows, they may have been planning it. But it would seem the sheer massive turnout by a peaceful crowd dwarfed any leftist plans whatsoever.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Thank you Virginians! You represented yourselves and the rest of us well. I’m proud of how things turned out. I take back all of the bad stuff I’ve said about you over the years. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
All respect, SteadyHand.

Yes. Much respect. In case you do leave, we always have room for patriots in Utah.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post