SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020 Democrat Primary
Page 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 79
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020 Democrat Primary Login/Join 
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Big Grin And yet, if you poke around on the internet, you'll find articles and opinion pieces from a few markedly liberal publications complaining that Biden isn't being heard from and certainly isn't presenting an alternative to Trump's plan. Of course that could just be the Bernie Bros trying to keep their boy viable, but it'll still be something to point to in the general election.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I 've seen some of the recent videos Biden has made. All I can say is they had better keep this guy hidden away as much as possible. He can't put 2 sentences together. He truly is losing it.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Well, Sanders just dropped out, could get interesting, yet.

ETA from WSJ:

bernie-sanders-ends-bid-for-white-house

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Well, Sanders just dropped out, could get interesting, yet.

I wonder how much $$$ the DNC promised to donate to his Senatorial campaign for re-election? Wink

"Dude, read the room; we're going to lose and we want Dementia Joe gone. You can be a senator to your final days."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sanders just dropped out

Yeah... his advisors think he will have more leverage this way:
Senator Bernie Sanders’s (I., Vt.) campaign manager and other top advisers are urging him to consider dropping out of the Democratic presidential primary, the Washington Post reported on Saturday.

Campaign manager Faiz Shakir and Sanders ally Representative Pramila Jayapal (D., Wash.) have reportedly come out in favor of exiting the race. Political stragetist Jeff Weaver, a longtime Sanders ally, has also made the case for dropping out, saying an exit now would leave the Vermont senator on friendlier terms with rival Joe Biden and secure more leverage for negotiations over the Democrats’ political platform.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, if that's true (and I believe you guys), then Bernie's a chicken. The final count in Wisconsin isn't even due until next Monday.

http://www.usnews.com/news/ele...ion-in-wisconsin-yet

Here's hoping that the Bernie Bros are really bitchy when it comes to negotiating for their support.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hey, isn't Tulsi still in it?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Hey, isn't Tulsi still in it?
No, she dropped out 3 weeks ago.

https://www.theguardian.com/us...ic-presidential-race

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6212 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
They will never learn. The reason Hilary lost is because she represents the establishment - the status quo in terms how government is run. Trump obviously represented the opposite.

Now they have chosen Biden, who once again represents the same. I'm not sure how is more at fault - the D party, or the primary voters.

This is an observation, not a complaint.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/2020...ts-white-house-race/

Sanders also called Biden “a very decent man” and revealed that he will remain on the ballot in remaining states to gain delegates in an effort to “continue working to assemble, as many delegates as possible at the Democratic Convention, where we will be able to exert significant influence over the party platform .”

xxxxxxxxx

oh, please do

President Trump:

“Bernie Sanders is OUT! Thank you to Elizabeth Warren. If not for her, Bernie would have won almost every state on Super Tuesday!” the president tweeted. “This ended just like the Democrats & the DNC wanted, same as the Crooked Hillary fiasco. The Bernie people should come to the Republican Party, TRADE!”

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
So the democrats are left with Joe Biden.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Great. So all we've got is Uncah Joe to keep us bored for the next couple of months or more. Yawn. Oh, well - let the buyers' remorse begin!

zipriderson, don't think of it as looking for someone to blame. The only way the Dems could've made the mistake that they did is if they're still thinking in terms of the old, pre-2016 conventional wisdom type of politics. If they're behind the curve, then so much the better.

So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Biden will ask Bernie to be his running mate? DOH!

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3924 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Ah, if that's true (and I believe you guys), then Bernie's a chicken. The final count in Wisconsin isn't even due until next Monday.

http://www.usnews.com/news/ele...ion-in-wisconsin-yet

Here's hoping that the Bernie Bros are really bitchy when it comes to negotiating for their support.

Yup, Bernie is weak....He's NO fighter!

And his 'Top Advisers' wrong, idiots in my opinion. Of course their Bernie Bros at heart, following/supporting a Communist, so yeah, I guess they were ALREADY idiots!

Anyway, having 'Friendly terms' does NOT put you in a stronger negotiating position....Once he's out, he's out! Unless he's already secured something, he'll be hard pressed to do so down the road!

ETA: Bernie's NEVER been a Fighter....He's ALWAYS been an Agitator!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8884 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ FWIW, I absolutely agree with you. I think Bernie pussied out just like he did in 2016, and I can't begin to imagine how Bernie thinks his dropping out will make Biden more likely to listen to him. What "significant influence" can you have if you aren't a viable threat to the nomination, and you'll have to agree to support Biden in order to get Biden to make any promises at all?

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
When a candidate drops out don't they get to steal the money in the war chest?
Maybe not directly but it eventually gets into their pockets.
Probably better to bow out with the cash, huh?

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Not anymore. They changed that law.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, well - let the buyers' remorse begin!

Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
^^ Not anymore. They changed that law.
And you really think they'll obey it? It is to laugh--Ha!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I've said it before, I don't think it's gonna be Joe. I don't know who but look for a brokered convention.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post