SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The official NHL playoff thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The official NHL playoff thread Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
My B's pulled off a GREAT 2-1 game after achieving 0 shots on goal in the second period. Yup...ZERO. Shots. On. Goal. That 1-3-1 Ottawa plays REALLY shuts down the neutral zone. The pace was staggering!!! Eek

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The Wild ran into a goal tender who is on fire in Jake Allen and they don't have a fire extinguisher! If the Blues get up 2 games and Allen stays hot it's over Johnny!!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
5 games last night.

2 games went to overtime.

Only 1 home team won.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Jake Allen makes 51 saves!, Edmundson nets winner in Blues' 2-1 OT victory

How good was Allen's performance in Game 1?

"It was OK," Blues defenseman Carl Gunnarsson deadpanned.

Seriously, though.

"He was unbelievable," Blues defenseman Colton Parayko said. "Save after save, he was making it look easy out there. It was unbelievable for us to watch and us to be part of."

Awesome goal tending last night, Jake!

LET'S.GO.BLUES!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Go time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: striker1,

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
3 minutes to Wapner Caps face off. Trying on a new avatar for the second season. I think it fits nicely.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great game by my blueshirts last night. Hard hitting, in your face, solid hockey. Oh it helped that lundquist stood on his freaking head all night.
Ready for game 2 tomorrow night.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
What a game. Took us awhile to get it together. What a goal by Wilson.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16398 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

Fell asleep in OT, good thing I hit extend recording on the DVR, watched it this morning.

Big Grin

Nice job Willy.

This kid sums it up well Cool

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:

We were there last night...Section 205. It was indeed a bad start, but Stick put them on his back and they found a way...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
PENS 2-0 in the series.

Screw the BJ's and their garbage players.
Time to bring back Sestito. That will put an end to the dirty shit.

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Just finished watching Edmonton over San Jose. Great game

Number 97 for Edmonton (McDavid) is a beast! Razz

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
The Wild are in a hole they are not going to get out of. Waste of a franchise record regular season. Welcome to Minnesota coach Boudreau land of the participation sports trophy.

The karma of Mike Yeo's return to Minnesota is being realized. Congratulations coach Yeo!!

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
The Wild are in a hole they are not going to get out of. Waste of a franchise record regular season. Welcome to Minnesota coach Boudreau land of the participation sports trophy.

The karma of Mike Yeo's return to Minnesota is being realized. Congratulations coach Yeo!!

Boudreau's coaching style lacks the extra oomph for playoff hockey. I don't know what it is, but he ain't got it. 1-7 in game sevens, .500 in playoffs. I was really rooting for him with ducks.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Lets go Caps & Lets go Blues!!!!

Posts: 225 | Location: WA | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Last year...

Both the Caps & the Blues lost to the eventual finalist on both sides of the bracket. Here's hoping that they meet this year!
Lets go Caps & Lets go Blues!!!!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Today I scored tickets to tomorrow's Blues/Wild game. It will be tight time wise with family Easter activities but I'm stoked about being able to go.

-rduckwor

Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
This is the universal sign for "I'm choking and I need help!"

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

I don't know for sure what that word means, but it's probably "impenetrable wall".

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:

I don't know for sure what that word means, but it's probably "impenetrable wall".

Rinne has more points in the playoffs than Chicago.
Eek

Caps/Leafs now going in to 2nd OT.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post