SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The official NHL playoff thread
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The official NHL playoff thread Login/Join 
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's go to the playoffs!!!!

Thank God!! But it gonna be a tough battle.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Matchups almost completed.

Eastern Conference
Canadiens vs NY Rangers
Penguins vs Blue Jackets

If Leafs get at least 1 point vs CBJ:
Sens vs Leafs, Caps vs Bruins

If Leafs get no points vs CBJ:
Caps vs Leafs, Sens vs Bruins

Western Conference
Wild vs Blues
Hawks vs Preds

If Ducks get any points vs Kings (win, OT win, OT loss)
Ducks vs Flames, Oilers vs Sharks

If Oilers win in any form against Canucks AND Ducks lose in regulation to Kings
Oilers vs Flames, Ducks vs Sharks

... I think. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
So confusing, my brain hurts.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
We've avoided the dreaded 2 vs 3 playoff spot. President's Trophy winners back to back. Go CAPS!!

I'll keep it reserved and down-play my loathing for Ovechkin in this conversation. But I will admit he's gotten better about not CHARGING and JUMPING into ever f---ing check he makes. He's been a cheap-shot artist in the past, but for the LIMITED time I've seen him this year, he's gotten better, as stated. I say that considering the hit against Brandon Carlo yesterday. Brandon just put himself in a bad position and I have to admit Ovie showed some class after the hit to come over and give him a stick tap apology.

The B's are gonna have a tough go against your Caps, but in all honesty, if the B's don't survive round 1 against them, I'd root for the Caps just for the sake of Coach Trotz...he deserves a ring, as he's been a GREAT coach his entire career.

quote:
Originally posted by PD:
Thank God!! But it gonna be a tough battle.

Yes...it will.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Just a quick drift (still hockey, though):
Tonight is the last game at "the Joe" (Joe Louis Arena) for the Red Wings.

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Wild will lose in first round sweep of the play off's to the Blues and their former coach Mike Yeo.
The phrase "four in a row, for Mike Yeo" will take on new meaning here.

Here's hoping you're right! Smile
LET'S.GO.BLUES!

... but we really could use Shattenkirk!

This karma tailor made for the Wild. I don't see a way for this not to happen.
Sadly enough.

It's all set now with the Blues win last night. It should be a good series.
GO.YEO!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
We'll be at the Caps regular season finale tonight, and at Round 1 Game 1 on Thursday night.

Born and raised in Chicago, I'm a lifelong Blackhawks fan, but have been all-in on the Capitals the past two years.

Here's how I see it:

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^I like the way you think sir.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
^^^ Nothing personal, but I hope you get disappointed again.

The Mike Sullivan & the Pens have done an amazing job to reach 2nd overall in the NHL despite all of their injuries.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
^^^ Nothing personal, but I hope you get disappointed again.

The Mike Sullivan & the Pens have done an amazing job to reach 2nd overall in the NHL despite all of their injuries.

You have no clue about disappointment. I've seen the Caps blow too many 3-0, 3-1 series leads. It's our time.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

You have no clue about disappointment. I've seen the Caps blow too many 3-0, 3-1 series leads. It's our time.

I've been a hockey fan & Pens fan since 1968, 24 years of disappointment before the first Cup and add a few more years afterwards. So, I've got a bit of a clue about disappointments.

ETA:
It could be worse, you could be a Flyers fan. Wink

I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Eastern Conference Matchups:
Caps vs Leafs Thur 7 pm
Pens vs Blue Jackets Wed 7:30 pm
Canadiens vs Rangers Wed 7pm
Sens vs Bruins Wed 7 pm

Western Conference Matchups:
Blackhawks vs Preds Thur 8 pm est
Ducks vs Flames Thur 10:30 pm est
Oilers vs Sharks Wed 10pm est
Wild vs Blues Wed 9:30 pm est

Waiting for dates & times. Wed schedule is up. I think the rest is under video review for offsides. Roll Eyes

Complete first round schedule.

ETA Western Conference teams
ETA Wed schedule.
ETA 1st games.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mrbill345,

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Ugh, the Wild don't start until 8:30 central. Makes for a late night for someone who gets up at 3am! Frown

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost, but making
good time
posted Hide Post
I don't care who wins, as long as it's not the Pens.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

Posts: 10454 | Location: St Augustine | Registered: March 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I swear to all that is holy...if the freeking Wild lose this series to the Mike Yeo (2016 Wild Coach) now led Blues, you may hear my head pop clear across the pond.

To add -

Puck drop 8:45pm Central? Come on man.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
WHOA!!! Eek Toronto went on a Bruins-style skid at the end of the season! Now the B's will face Ottawa instead of the Caps. Sorry Skins...guess we'll have to pound on each other in Round 2 (hopefully Big Grin).

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:
I've been a hockey fan & Pens fan since 1968, 24 years of disappointment before the first Cup and add a few more years afterwards. So, I've got a bit of a clue about disappointments.
Wink

24 years....psssshhh

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
The quest begins in less than 24 hrs.

Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't care who wins, as long as it's not the Pens.

Ha ha, must be an angry Flyer fan. Love sticking it to all my Flyers fan pals last year and hopefully again this year too!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ha ha, must be an angry Flyer fan. Love sticking it to all my Flyers fan pals last year and hopefully again this year too!

I don't want the Pens to win either...

But I am a happy Blue Jackets Fan Smile

I have my seats for game 3 & 4 & 6 (if needed).

Hopefully, I only have to go to games 3 & 4 to watch the completion of the CBJ sweeping the Pens, but taking it in 7 wouldn't upset me either Wink

Less than 24 hours now and we will be in the 3rd period.

CBJ, CBJ, CBJ...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
so sexy it hurts
Picture of agony
posted Hide Post
Playoff Eve is worse than Christmas Eve....this is the my favourite time of the year!!!

"You have the right not to be killed..."

The Clash, "Know Your Rights"

Posts: 26978 | Location: Westizzle Virgizzle | Registered: December 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post