SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My Bird Rescue Friend Killed Herself Last Night
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Bird Rescue Friend Killed Herself Last Night Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that someone can pick up and carry on for her. She sounds like she did incredible work with rescues. Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10195 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss and the loss to the rescue shelter. So very sad.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry Marzy.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
That's a tough one. Very sorry for your loss.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Terrible news. Condolences, Marzy.

Posts: 26905 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry to hear this - my prayers and condolences for you and for her family.

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the loss of your friend.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Her best friend is inconsolable.

I just knew he of all people could pull her out of this, but she pushed him away just days ago.

He fully blames himself for not Baker Acting her for a post she made on her blog just hours before.

I know first hand how hard animal rehab is. Every time you have to kill something magnificent and all it wants to do is live, it takes a piece of your soul until there is nothing left.

I did not want to become like the others, so I left. I still have nightmares over every last one that was lost. The victories are few and far between and the losses are 99 to 1.

Its a manic deep depressive lifestyle.

She was one of the few left that was pushing a teetering species back from the brink and now they have taken a severe blow.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
What a terribly sad story...condolences.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8355 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Damn. I'm so sorry, Marzy.

Prayers sent for her friends and family.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
It's especially safe when someone close takes their own life, not only for the loss but for how it then sinks in just how full of disparity they were every waking hour.

I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your friend and for the loss of a friend of the animals.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm terribly sorry to hear that Mars.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Mars, I am so, so sorry to read this. Condolences to you and the others who worked with her.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Truly sorry for the loss of your friend.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's terrible. I'm sorry, Marzy.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Wow. I am saddened to read this.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry Mars.....

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss. Frown

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2180 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear, that's horrible, such a tormented woman. Its a shame. RIP.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post