SIGforum
My Bird Rescue Friend Killed Herself Last Night

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7010042424

May 14, 2017, 05:12 PM
pulicords
My Bird Rescue Friend Killed Herself Last Night
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that someone can pick up and carry on for her. She sounds like she did incredible work with rescues. Frown

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
May 14, 2017, 05:21 PM
badcopnodonut!!
I'm sorry for your loss and the loss to the rescue shelter. So very sad.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.
May 14, 2017, 05:23 PM
thunderson
I'm sorry Marzy.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown
May 14, 2017, 05:24 PM
SgtGold
That's a tough one. Very sorry for your loss.

May 14, 2017, 05:29 PM
arfmel
Terrible news. Condolences, Marzy.
May 14, 2017, 05:35 PM
TheFrontRange
I'm very sorry to hear this - my prayers and condolences for you and for her family.
May 14, 2017, 05:44 PM
RHINOWSO
Sorry for the loss of your friend.
May 14, 2017, 05:45 PM
Mars_Attacks
Her best friend is inconsolable.

I just knew he of all people could pull her out of this, but she pushed him away just days ago.

He fully blames himself for not Baker Acting her for a post she made on her blog just hours before.

I know first hand how hard animal rehab is. Every time you have to kill something magnificent and all it wants to do is live, it takes a piece of your soul until there is nothing left.

I did not want to become like the others, so I left. I still have nightmares over every last one that was lost. The victories are few and far between and the losses are 99 to 1.

Its a manic deep depressive lifestyle.

She was one of the few left that was pushing a teetering species back from the brink and now they have taken a severe blow.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.
May 14, 2017, 05:54 PM
downtownv
What a terribly sad story...condolences.

https://www.teampython.com

May 14, 2017, 06:06 PM
BurtonRW
Damn. I'm so sorry, Marzy.

Prayers sent for her friends and family.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
May 14, 2017, 06:07 PM
BRL
It's especially safe when someone close takes their own life, not only for the loss but for how it then sinks in just how full of disparity they were every waking hour.

I'm terribly sorry for the loss of your friend and for the loss of a friend of the animals.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

May 14, 2017, 06:23 PM
ArtieS
I'm terribly sorry to hear that Mars.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
May 14, 2017, 06:28 PM
craglawnmanor
Mars, I am so, so sorry to read this. Condolences to you and the others who worked with her.

May 14, 2017, 06:29 PM
h2oys
Truly sorry for the loss of your friend.
May 14, 2017, 06:33 PM
46and2
Wow, that's terrible. I'm sorry, Marzy.
May 14, 2017, 06:34 PM
Expat
Wow. I am saddened to read this.
May 14, 2017, 06:37 PM
ARman
Sorry Mars.....

ARman
May 14, 2017, 06:44 PM
RaiseHal
I'm very sorry for the loss of your friend.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill
May 14, 2017, 06:56 PM
southernmaninla
Sorry for your loss. Frown

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown
May 14, 2017, 07:15 PM
apf383
So sorry to hear, that's horrible, such a tormented woman. Its a shame. RIP.

Foster's, Australian for Bud