SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Do you carry firearms on or about your person?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you carry firearms on or about your person? Login/Join 
Picture of sig-bandit
posted Hide Post
Wife and I both carry S&W Bodyguards around town but if I'm heading to Cincy, Indy or Louisville I will bring my Para LDA .45 or Sig P-229 .40

"I didn't drink the Kool-Aid"

Posts: 582 | Location: Columbus Indiana | Registered: August 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LimaCharlie
posted Hide Post
Do you carry firearms on or about your person? Yes

If so, why do you carry, (Same reason I own fire extinguishers) what do you carry, and where do you carry it (a 1911 in .45 ACP or 10mm with a spare magazine on my belt plus a Sig P938 with a spare magazine in my pocket.)

U.S. Army, Retired

Posts: 3725 | Location: Northwest Oregon | Registered: June 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:

Moderate threat: Glock 19. Backpack with AR-15 pistol and 3 magazines.
High Threat: S&W Performance center 1911 with extra 10 rd. magazine. Backpack with AR-15 pistol and 3 magazines.

What places are these that have such high threat levels?

I think I've gone on patrol in Afghanistan with less...

Posts: 13139 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
"Always carry, never tell."

I'm not telling.

Posts: 6496 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Always. M&P 2.0c or M&P 9c in an Alien Gear IWB. When walking the dogs in gym shorts, Kel-Tec P3AT in a Nemesis pocket holster.

Posts: 849 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
No, not yet.

Waiting for my LTC application process to go through. Before this, I had no permit in CA, it was 100% impossible for me to get one. But now I'm in a free state...

I have a G43 waiting for the process to finalize.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16718 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Certainly maybe.

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:

Moderate threat: Glock 19. Backpack with AR-15 pistol and 3 magazines.
High Threat: S&W Performance center 1911 with extra 10 rd. magazine. Backpack with AR-15 pistol and 3 magazines.

What places are these that have such high threat levels?

I think I've gone on patrol in Afghanistan with less...
Seems backwards, I'd take a G19 over a 1911 any day.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Everywhere I can. It's my job to protect my family. When in danger instinct is for fight or flight. At nearly 70, my flight is going to be slow and short, and I never could fight worth a hoot. Carrying helps even things up for an old man. Carry a 239 in summer and a 229 in winter.
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Yes, I do carry all the time. Depending on the season it's either my 320 Compact or my 365.
I carry because you just never know what the hell is going to happen.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Yes.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
I carry when I leave the house, and I sometimes carry around the house because I'm too lazy to take it off after coming home.

I carry so I can confidently go out and about knowing I can take action against persons and animals that may want to harm me or other people.

My day to day carry is my G42(w/extra mag), but I carry my G43(w/extra mag) when I go places where I need a little more peace of mind. Also, I'd carry my G43 more, but it is doing double duty as my nightstand gun.

If I go out into the country where I'm away from help and cell phones, I may even take my MPX 9mm just in case I have to reach out a little.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1178 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Glock 19 IWB from the moment I get up, and I take it off just before bed. Every day, everywhere, even at home.

Posts: 17188 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes. I carry to be able to protect myself and family. I carry except in the rare occasions when it's not legal to do so. Typically I try not to go places where my rights aren't restricted but there are times its not possible.
My carry gun occasionally changes but mostly it's a g19 or p320 carry and always have a kahr p380 as a back up on my pocket.

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Always, P320 full size or carry OWB Bravo Concealment, HK P30 IWB/Front Line. 33+ years. Carrying since was 18, overseas, continued after returned to US.
Like the eloquent words prior - protect my family, those I love, not relying on anyone else.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Yes.
Various.
Various.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12648 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Depends. Today, yes; Glock 23 and 24 rounds in a manly bag in case someone came into the church services looking for innocents to kill/main.

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
Depends. Today, yes; Glock 23 and 24 rounds in a manly bag in case someone came into the church services looking for innocents to kill/main.
You carry a Murse? Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
You carry a Murse? Big Grin

It's more like a portfolio thing.... Smile

Posts: 3226 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
You carry a Murse?

It's European Razz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1899 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post