SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version? Login/Join 
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Audio equipment

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get busy living
or get busy dying!
Picture of heathtx
posted Hide Post
Motorhome, once you've had a nice diesel pusher that is your personal house on wheels, it's hard to travel any other way.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rockwall County (God's Country) TX | Registered: February 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Venus pizza from Whitman, Massachusetts. I have traveled all over the world and have never found pizza so good.

I am a pizza fiend. The chains don't do it, and I have never found a local to compare, anywhere.

Oh and watches. I'm still working on that, but I'll never wear a battery operated watch again. I had one watch battery die when it counted and it ticked me off. I discovered mechanicals and dam they are works of art that actually work. I can't go back.

Saving up for an my Omega and my Rolex.
3 posts so far and you havn't inserted Spam. Must be more of a staple... Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My wife. Not sure whether she's an angel or a saint. Maybe a hybrid.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
My Big Green Egg, single malt scotch, my Sigs, my Krieghoff, my F250 Super Duty, my Fox Red Irish Labrador Retriever, and my wonderful wife of 39 years, not necessarily in that order. I am blessed.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Most of all the above. What I haven't experienced, I certainly plan to get to in the future.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Without a doubt the heated steering wheel. We bought a new car six or seven years ago and the salesman mentioned it several times. I thought it was kind of stupid but the wife thought it sounded great.

After that first winter I was a real believer. What a difference it made when it was 10 degrees outside. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Snell model A/III speakers

The Macallan 25

Chateau d'Yquem

Good target triggers (P 210, X5, ...)

All-SSD-drive computers

Noise-cancelling headphones on long flights

Vintage port ('63 Fonseca, etc.)

Local beer in Germany

100% Kona coffee, definitely

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joel9507,

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
My wife
Maple syrup
Tomatoes(home grown)

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
All-SSD-drive computers

x2. Should have put this on my list as well.

Posts: 10940 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't stand wearing socks but my absolute favorite brand is "Feetures".

Roeckl gloves.

A heavy duty remote starter in the vehicle. My old Jeep had one I swear you could start from a mile away. My Subaru has a wimpy one that is lucky to start 2 feet away & doesn't start 50% of the time. It's a whomping -4 degrees here right now.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Ice Cream

Very few actual really good ones.
Have not found any on the East Coast that measures up to Tillamook.

Try Penn State creamery.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Accurate firearms.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Accurate firearms.

With clean breaking triggers with little creep or over travel.

Posts: 7455 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Saddles! A top notch one makes all the difference!

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
All wheel drive.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Taylor Fladgate 10 yo tawny port.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8952 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I started with nothing,
and still have most of it
Picture of stiab
posted Hide Post
Nothing for me, I'm fine, thanks.

"While not every Democrat is a horse thief, every horse thief is a Democrat." HORACE GREELEY

Posts: 1859 | Location: Central NC | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Quality undies and socks. I never thought I’d be spending $20/pair, but Duluth has me for life. Good beer, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Knives
Rum
Horse power/Brakes

Posts: 5738 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post