SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What item once you get a taste of the luxury version, means you can't go back to the economy version? Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Ice Cream

Very few actual really good ones.
Have not found any on the East Coast that measures up to Tillamook.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
Ice Cream

Very few actual really good ones.
Have not found any on the East Coast that measures up to Tillamook.

Great one! My dad is one of those people who would prefer the spend 4 bucks on 2 gallons of the cheapest ice cream imaginable but I will happily pay 4 for a pint of the good stuff.

Not sure what it's like in NC but in Richmond where is a local chain called Gelati Celeste that is the best ice cream I've ever had.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Festool power tools
Takahashi, Questar and Televue telescopes
GGI-touched pistols and Apex Randified revolvers
Thermoworks thermometers

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Beer. Hard to drink an adjunct lager anymore.
Coffee. We French press high end Guatemalan now.
Guns. Not so high end, but not low end.
Cars/Trucks.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Venus pizza from Whitman, Massachusetts. I have traveled all over the world and have never found pizza so good.

I am a pizza fiend. The chains don't do it, and I have never found a local to compare, anywhere.

Oh and watches. I'm still working on that, but I'll never wear a battery operated watch again. I had one watch battery die when it counted and it ticked me off. I discovered mechanicals and dam they are works of art that actually work. I can't go back.

Saving up for an my Omega and my Rolex.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bendable hasn't been here talking about Thorlo socks?

I really need to try them sometime.

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Clothing. Cars. Apple.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Four Seasons spoiled me on other hotels.

Salmon fresh from the boat ruined all other salmon.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BMW motorcycles.
Randall knives.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16096 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
Stethoscope. I see people carrying shitty playsckool ones at work and I know they can’t hear shit.

Littmanns for me! Though I have to admit the longevity of their tubing has been lacking in tbe past few years... The master cardiology I’ve had for 18 years still is better than anything else I’ve tried.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
quote:
Stethoscope. I see people carrying shitty playsckool ones at work and I know they can’t hear shit.

Littmanns for me! Though I have to admit the longevity of their tubing has been lacking in tbe past few years... The master cardiology I’ve had for 18 years still is better than anything else I’ve tried.

Ok...I am soooo far from a doctor but people really think about these things?

And people worry about my vices... Wink

Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
I’ve seen a few opining on single malt scotch. I don’t drink what I consider cheap stuff, but neither is my standby (Glenlivet 12yr) considered luxury/high end. However, Aberlour 12yr has shown up a few times in the thread. For those who love a sherried Speyside single malt, Aberlour A’bunadh is worth the price. Cask strenth, and needs a bit of water in my opinion, but is absolutely amazing, narrowly besting Balvenie 15yr single barrel as my personal favorite.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
quote:

Ok...I am soooo far from a doctor but people really think about these things?

And people worry about my vices... Wink

I don’t view it as a vice, but it is a tool I use every day at work and must have for my job. A good one makes my life easier...

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I like you. You find yourself in need of an M1A1 Tank mech, you call me. I apologize that is all I can offer.

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
A heated floor in the bathroom

Posts: 26911 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Houses vs apartments

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5754 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Butter.

Oh, and Geissele truggers,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zoom6zoom,

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
High-end performance sports equipment, like ski gear, bicycles, technical clothing, protective eyewear/sunglasses/goggles, etc.

Posts: 3480 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Ritz Carlton Hotels and Resorts

Boars Head meat

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25426 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Mattresses.

Diesel power.

Waterfront house.

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post