SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No threads on social unrest???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No threads on social unrest??? Login/Join 
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
Para THAT was a great analogy!!!

Posts: 1772 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Have a piece of chewing gum. Whatever you like- Juicy Fruit, Bazooka Joe, whatever. When you're ready to spit it out, put it in the fur of a your pet cat or dog.

That would be how such a thread would go for me, trying to separate this detail from that detail. Yes, you can talk about this aspect of it, but wait, now you've gone too far and we're not talking about some other aspect of it. Impossible to separate the chewing gum from the animal fur, so we're not going to do that.

Big Grin

This is a thread about why we don't have a thread. So it's kind of a thread about nothing, except we already have a thread about nothing...

I'm glad the President decided he has been patient enough and would be cracking down on this BS, kind of like Para. Smile

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
'Tis a meta-thread, not to be confused with a meathead. All of those are err outside right now, playing in the street.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
Cat fur and gum... This is why we can't have nice things.

Pity.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H&K-Guy:
Cat fur and gum... This is why we can't have nice things.

H&K-Guy

I hear peanut butter works well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5908 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Didn't read the thread - Deleted.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hell I live in Minneapolis and genuinely enjoyed coming to the ONE website on the planet without posts about this garbage.

Allow me to channel my inner R. Reagan:

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:

Have you lost your cracker? Confused

Tried to edit but Para beat me to it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
^^^ don’t bother him, he’s got gum in his hair.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10927 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Do you have a reading comprehension issue? Seriously- I ask you- are you dense? Were you dropped on your head as a child? What is it? Dyslexia? Leprosy?

How blind can you be? Read the Goddamned thread.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
My bad, sorry Para. Not enough sleep. I trashed it.

Won't happen again.

Posts: 6350 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
But I've got an honest question. We mostly have good laws, here in the hills. But one says we can't carry in places where alcohol is served. I kind of understand why. But we just got home from eating at my favorite restaurant. We ate outside on the sidewalk. They have tables set up. Anyone think that's illegal, too?

No demonstrations or riots down there, the hillbillies wouldn't put up with it. I hope this hammering around the edges doesn't get upsetting.

If it’s concealed, how would they know?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11281 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’m absolutely dying over here. Para, you’re on a roll that’ll go solid agains any comedian. The chewing gum and animal fur analogy still has me giggling.

This thread has some pretty quote worthy statements, but none better than:

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Steppin' large, laughin' easy. I drive this forum like it has power steering.

You sir, after damn near ten years, I am starting to appreciate your sense of humor.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A forbidden topic was brought up in the thread explaining why the topic was forbidden... Did we just about have a thread on why we cant have a thread on a topic... locked? Epic!

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2067 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Gum? If I can hijack this thread just a wee bit, I was in a store this evening and was surprised to find Beeman's gum, regular white package, Black Jack and Clove. I bought 2 of each. I have not seen Beemans gum in a long long time.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Gum? If I can hijack this thread just a wee bit, I was in a store this evening and was surprised to find Beeman's gum, regular white package, Black Jack and Clove. I bought 2 of each. I have not seen Beemans gum in a long long time.

Wow! I haven’t heard of them since I was a kid. “To aid in digestion”. The clove was so hit it burned at first.
The black Jack was an anise flavor, correct?

I’ll have to keep an eye out and try them again.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:

Wow! I haven’t heard of them since I was a kid. “To aid in digestion”. The clove was so hit it burned at first.
The black Jack was an anise flavor, correct?

I’ll have to keep an eye out and try them again.

email your address, I'll send you some.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:

email your address, I'll send you some.

Email sent. Thank you!!!

quote:
The “lol” thread

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
[IMG][/IMG]

Thank you.

Q

Posts: 26387 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ohhh man...Beemans... that brings back memories...Beemans was aviator gum so we all carried packs and chewed it while flying.

Haven't seen a pack in probably 25-30 years, and it could be tricky to find back then...wherever did you find it?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post