SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Maximizing your tax refund - gathering resources for a long fight against tyrants
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maximizing your tax refund - gathering resources for a long fight against tyrants Login/Join 
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I used to be careful, but now I’m just lackadaisical.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
I've tracked many similar theories over the years. They are all based on misreading or incomplete reading of the laws and case laws.

Oh. I thought they were based on "serious, adult level work"?

How can we be sure you're not just a mouthpiece for the Illuminati, sent here to mislead us from learning the True Secrets of the tax code? You were probably dispatched here 16 years ago, to worm your way into our trust and monitor us for signs that any of us learning the Forbidden Knowledge, just biding your time until called upon to distract us from finally peering through the tax smoke and IRS mirrors.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
I've tracked many similar theories over the years. They are all based on misreading or incomplete reading of the laws and case laws.

How can we be sure you're not just a mouthpiece for the Illuminati, sent here to mislead us from learning the True Secrets of the tax code? You were probably dispatched here 16 years ago, to worm your way into our trust and monitor us for signs that any of us learning the Forbidden Knowledge, just biding your time until called upon to distract us from finally peering through the tax smoke and IRS mirrors.

I just got off the phone with the dump that gave me my J.D. I demanded a refund because they didn't teach me jack-shit about how to read the law like an adult and figure all this stuff out. The OP's magic voodoo reading of the law and Constipatatedutions should have been day 1, year 1 material.

I don't think my old lawschool is going to give me that refund, though. They'd best reconsider, or I'mma create some joinder!

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Missing from the opening post is his endorsement from Wesley Snipes. Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:
sovereign

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
"I fully understand the skepticism.

Adults are capable of reading the actual law and determining the facts as they apply to them."

Ya, so can juries. When they send you to federal prison. You want to chance your freedom go ahead. But it is pretty silly to post bullshit advice that is blatantly illegal. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leavemebe:
Sorry for the delayed response. Busy times.

I fully understand the skepticism.

Adults are capable of reading the actual law and determining the facts as they apply to them.

If you have been paying attention the last three years it should be clear that there is a two-tiered justice system in this country. Yes, Pete Hendrickson and his wife were "convicted" of "crimes" but a careful adult will read the case filings to see what actually happened. You can start at this link:

Hendrickson Crimes

_________________________________________________________________________________

So I looked over the stuff in the link. I am not a lawyer nor a doctor but in my "adult" opinion Hendrickson, his wife, and you are all fucking nuts. Have fun in jail.

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1538 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
I have been doing tax work since the late 70s. A few years ago (in my 50s) I got a masters of tax from one of the highest ranked programs in the nation.

So you think you're adult enough?

Well... let's not put that to a vote. Perhaps 40 years isn't enough and I need another 30 years or so.... LOL

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SR:

yep

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

I just got off the phone with the dump that gave me my J.D. I demanded a refund because they didn't teach me jack-shit about how to read the law like an adult and figure all this stuff out. The OP's magic voodoo reading of the law and Constipatatedutions should have been day 1, year 1 material.

I don't think my old lawschool is going to give me that refund, though. They'd best reconsider, or I'mma create some joinder!

I like the way you think.... Can I hire you to get me a refund from my Masters of Tax classes?

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Many years ago I worked at a large company with a guy who had gone to a seminar and learned how to legally pay no or almost no taxes. He gave me the rundown on it. It sounded kind of interesting so I spent some money with a lawyer to drill down on it. Turns out there is this thing called the step transaction rule. The gist of it is if you do several transactions they can be collapsed and looked at as one transaction. If the one collapsed transaction doesn’t pass muster neither do the collection of transactions. I moved to another company and I never did hear whether the IRS caught up to him or not, but if they did, it would not have pretty at all for him.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR:
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:

I like the way you think.... Can I hire you to get me a refund from my Masters of Tax classes?

You tryin' to create joinder with me!?! Eek

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herkdriver:
Just for grins and giggles I did a quick google search of the guy running the website the OP posted.

"In 2009, Peter Hendrickson was convicted of filing multiple false income tax returns, including the 2002 and 2003 returns that he filed jointly with his wife. The tax returns at issue were based on the false and frivolous tax theories that Peter Hendrickson promoted in his book, “Cracking the Code,” and on his website, Lost Horizons. Peter Hendrickson was sentenced to serve 27 months in prison in that case."

Here is a link if you want to read more.

Big Grin

Better than most fiction.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
It takes a lot more to fight tyranny than some bogus notion of starving it for revenue.

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Missing from the opening post is his endorsement from Wesley Snipes. Big Grin Big Grin

Otto Pilot beat you to the Wesley Snipes comment in like the second reply to the thread. Smile

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12437 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
This is like the antivaxxers of the tax world.

"I'm an experienced accountant."
"And I've been a tax attorney for decades."
"We're both highly educated experts in this particular field, and we both agree that the tax code works this one way."

"Yeah? Well I've read one book and spent literally dozens of minutes Googling stuff, and therefore I've decided you're both full of shit, I know more than you, and the tax code clearly works this other way. You really should educate yourselves."

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
quote:

Otto Pilot beat you to the Wesley Snipes comment in like the second reply to the thread. Smile

You're right. Damn getting old sucks... I blew right by it without seeing it. Apologies to all concerned. Frown

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16215 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're right. Damn getting old sucks... I blew right by it without seeing it. Apologies to all concerned. Frown
Don't even sweat that. I thought I won an instant karma and completely missed the actual winner in like the first reply. Big Grin

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is like the antivaxxers of the tax world.

Doh!
quote:
"Yeah? Well I've read one book and spent literally dozens of minutes Googling stuff, and therefore I've decided you're both full of shit, I know more than you, and the tax code clearly works this other way. You really should educate yourselves."

Well, dog doo. The bachelor's degree, the CPA cert, the MBA in finance, the post-grad work at Wharton, a few decades of accounting/finance/tax/management experience -- all for naught. Bummer.

Haven't filed this year's tax return yet. Who knows? Maybe this year salaries will be magically non-taxable. A negative tax rate on capital gains would be nice, too.

Posts: 7873 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
Slight thread drift....

My sister is a lawyer. When she passed the bar, I happened to be in CompUSA. (For you Millenials, that was a big box store that specialized in selling computers and computer parts.) I happened to see some "Lawyer in a Box" software in the bargain bin. I bought it and sent it to her as a gag gift.

She still hasn't forgiven me!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Nope and Nope.

For decades I worked, had two side businesses and two residential rental properties and one commercial rental along with varied financial investments...
At one time I tried to do my own taxes and hated the stress. I bailed.

Now I pay a Lawyer... when needed, an experienced financial planner and the best, IMO, accountant in the county. I have known him since High School, ~50 years. The planner and accountant both get schooled every year on changes to the law and such. I get involved ZERO with my taxes anymore. I 100% trust the guys I have used for decades to get it right. I hand off the paper work, and go back when they call me to sign where they point out to sign. In about 2 months I get a very reasonable bill.. that is well worth the cost.

Retired now and no businesses or rentals now but still farm it out.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post