SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Route 91 fest Vegas shooting?
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 87

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Route 91 fest Vegas shooting? Login/Join 
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
You have to be careful what you believe. The web is claiming Stephen G. Paddock's Florida voter registration lists him as Democrat. The shooters name is actually Stephen C. Paddock.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
There is a very informative video on Facebook meant for the gun control folks on easy modifications to make your semi-auto pistol and rifle into full auto. I suggest you check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/andy....ts/10204058661622357

The FBI is going to hate this guy when they start getting calls

They'll put their top man, Comey's understudy, on it pronto...maybe even "The Comey" itself!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
Regarding Diazepam, it's a muscle relaxant that can improve accuracy when shooting at distance.

Q. Did he fake depression to get it as part of planning this attack or was he really depressed?

A. I don't care. He's a piece of shit who is giving the politicians everything they have been wishing for so they can politicize this and take control of the narrative.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The sheriff just gave a brief

there was no suicide note

there is evidence that the shooter planned to survive or escape. no details

when asked about how many shots the shooter fired thru the door when the security guard was approaching, I think the sheriff said "about 200". That was so stunning perhaps I misheard. The sheriff said the security guard was lucky he did not sustain more injury.

The security guard, although wounded, stayed w the police and assisted in opening doors and clearing rooms. The police eventually ordered him to go seek medical attention.

They do not know exactly when Paddock shot himself

http://abcnews.go.com/US/inves...ls/story?id=50273390

Paddock was seen gambling for eight hours straight on the night before the shooting.

Paddock reportedly had been stockpiling firearms since 1982 and purchased 33 guns in the past year

The shooting lasted nine to 11 minutes, with the first reports of gunshots beginning Sunday at 10:08 p.m. PT and the final shots being fired at 10:19 p.m.

Speaking this evening, Lombardo said that there is evidence that indicates Paddock, a 64-year-old resident of Mesquite, Nevada, planned to escape.

However, Lombardo did not provide any details on what the evidence was or why he believes that.

adding:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/secur...ed/story?id=50290318

Speaking this evening, Clark County Sheriff Joseph Lombardo praised Campos, saying he aided officers in their search for Paddock.

Lombardo added that Paddock fired "well over 200 rounds" into the hallway when the security guard approached.

"It's amazing" that Campos didn't sustain more injuries, Lombardo said.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
There is a very informative video on Facebook meant for the gun control folks on easy modifications to make your semi-auto pistol and rifle into full auto. I suggest you check it out.

Excellent satire!

"This is a clip. Gun guys hate it when you call 'em magazines" Big Grin

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
quote:

Excellent satire!

I need to watch this again, I tried it but must have missed a step. I opened my Ghostgun Rifle and removed that Fully Automatic Safety Bolt.

I also loaded up some special subsonic rounds so I could shoot inside by not putting powder in the case because we all know that is what makes all of the noise.

I can't make it fire, I'm stumped. I got the pullmajibber back in right. What did I miss?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
The thing that goes up.

Rookie mistake. Razz Big Grin

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Next local gun show I attend, I gotta' get me a "Mil spec" butter knife.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
quote:

Excellent satire!

I need to watch this again, I tried it but must have missed a step. I opened my Ghostgun Rifle and removed that Fully Automatic Safety Bolt.

I also loaded up some special subsonic rounds so I could shoot inside by not putting powder in the case because we all know that is what makes all of the noise.

I can't make it fire, I'm stumped. I got the pullmajibber back in right. What did I miss?

Did you use a authenticated mil-spec butter knife?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6404 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Report This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
A local teenager is being investigated after he posted on social media referencing an attack similar to Las Vegas.

Police say a 16-year-old Quincy High School student is under investigation for a post made on social media.

The boy posted a story on Snapchat with the text, 'You ******* better learn to walk in the halls or Quincy high is gonna turn into Las Vegas, except no one will escape.'

quincy
(Fox 25 Boston)

Quincy police say they were notified of the incident Tuesday afternoon. They were able to use social media to track down the teen, who is not being named.

Police say there is no immediate threat and the teen did not have access to guns, etc.

No charges have been filed yet, but police say charges are likely. LINK

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Report This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Surefire:
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
Taxi cab video

Ok here is a full video from the taxi cab driver for you to listen to and watch

Things to note gun fire close by then far away. I at first well that was just an echo.

But if you keep listening to it you hen first hear shots in the distance then shots close by. Opposite of what would happen in an echo situation.

You have to be careful making conclusions when watching video. You are listening to audio playback in two dimensions only, and probably even only single channel. Take into account different windows, maybe even a different gun (muzzle break?), a different shooting position (back inside the room, or gun sticking out of the window?) etc and it all could drastically change the sound signature.
There are no other broken windows, doubtful there was a second shooter.

The audio is worthless to us. Chatter changes all the time as you noted, hell even the wind makes a difference at that distance.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Ann Coulter's column in response to the leftist narrative of "white men with guns"

quote:
There was one characteristic of white men in abundant evidence at the Las Vegas massacre. They’re awfully chivalrous, these white male country music fans. Twenty-two thousand people came under sustained, high-powered gunfire and few people, if any, were stomped to death — something you can’t say for a Black Friday sale at a Long Island mall.

At the Las Vegas concert, men died protecting women, using their bodies as shields and standing up in the middle of gunfire to direct the women to safety. The New York Post reports that one woman said she “was running away and a couple of guys said, ‘Hey, come stand behind us,’ and boom, they went down.” Heather Melton has described how she felt her husband, Sonny, being shot in the back, fatally, as he shielded her from the rain of bullets.

Without many facts to go on, the only sweeping conclusion we can make so far is that there’s a reason feminism didn’t emerge from the country music community.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...rs-motive-hes-white/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:

I like that the guy kept a straight face.

Posts: 15031 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Report This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
During the briefing someone asked about if he could have kept shooting longer if the security guard had not interrupted him and if any of the weapons had jammed. Lombardo confirmed that no he couldn't have kept shooting much longer because the officer teams were only a few seconds behind the security guard and confirmed that several of the many rifles in the room appeared to be jammed / inoperable.

He also went out of his way to imply that they feel he at least had some help with the equipment, explosives, and ammunition given how much was present in the vehicle and room. He was like, come on, think about it, he could be some kind of "supervillain" (he did not want to use the actual word he was thinking) but it is more likely that he had some help.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v...4001/?#sp=show-clips

Las Vegas unites as one community after mass shooting

Oct. 04, 2017 - 3:27 - ‘Bob Massi is the Property Man’ host Bob Massi explains what it feels like as a Las Vegas resident to watch the massacre that left 59 people dead, making it the worst in shooting modern U.S. history.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
It could have been a lot worse... he tried to blow tanks with aviation fuel....

Las Vegas Strip shooter targeted aviation fuel tanks, source says

Las Vegas Strip mass murderer Stephen Paddock used his Mandalay Bay hotel room to spray massive aviation fuel tanks with bullets Sunday night, a knowledgeable source told the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

The bullets left holes, but did not penetrate the two circular white tanks, sparing the nearby Route 91 Harvest country music festival from a potentially massive explosion, the source said Wednesday.

The tanks are roughly 1,100 feet from the concert site, where Paddock killed 58 people and wounded almost 500.

Within the past couple of days, construction crews repaired and painted the holes, and FBI agents inspected the tanks and took measurements of the line of fire from Mandalay Bay, the source said.

Paddock, a 64-year-old Mesquite resident, had broken two windows in his 32nd-floor suite — one in line with the concert site and the other with a direct view of the fuel tanks, the source said. The bases of private aircraft operators are close to the tanks.(Las Vegas Review-Journal)

FBI spokeswoman Sandra Breault declined to comment. “We can’t comment on an ongoing investigation,” she said late Wednesday.

Paddock’s shooting rampage was the deadliest in modern U.S. history. He killed himself as Las Vegas police closed in on his room.

Paddock was a retired accountant who had no criminal background and a passion for video poker. He lived in Mesquite with his girlfriend, Marilou Danley, and regularly came to the Las Vegas Strip to gamble.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/...l-tanks-source-says/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of was0311
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Dude should have watched Mythbusters.

Posts: 2654 | Location: Eastern NE | Registered: July 12, 2011Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by was0311:
quote:

I wonder if 7.62 tracers could have kicked off an ignition.

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wouldn't matter if he was 667 yards or 67 yards, that wasn't going to blow. Could've used a 50 cal and it wasn't going to blow.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23257 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
quote:

I wonder if 7.62 tracers could have kicked off an ignition.

Nope...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post